Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badda

OP Badda Nu Member

Tokelau
    Haha, you guys locked the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/cemu3ds-wii-u-emulator-for-nintendo-3ds.571938/ before I even had a chance to reply. No sense for a bit of humor, eh? But it's not easy to fool you guys anyways :D
    OF COURSE, the 3DS could never emulate a Wii U - you just need to take a look at the specs to realize that:
    Wii U: 1.24 GHz Tri-Core IBM PPC CPU, 550 MHz AMD Radeon GPU, 2 GB RAM
    (New) 3DS: 804 MHz ARM11 MPCore quad-core CPU, 204 MHz DMP PICA200 GPU, 256 MB RAM

I made this little video myself. It's not fake, but, of course, "Breath of the Wild" is not actually running on the 3DS. This was to showcase my new little homebrew project TinyVNC, a VNC-viewer for 3DS. I was actually surprised how well this thing works - "Breath of the Wild" is well playable on the 3DS running TinyVNC and a laptop running Cemu and TightVNC server. No lags and great image quality.
    Audio is not supported (yet), I had to let the laptop play the sound by itself. My fear was, that you guys would notice the 3DS volume slider which is actually all the way down :)
    Oh, and I had to learn that taking a video of yourself using your 3DS without the proper equipment is not easy :P
    I will create a release thread here as soon as the software is ready for release!
    Now, this thread can be moved to EoF ...
    Cheers!
    :yay3ds:

Last edited by Badda, Aug 15, 2020
  2. KokoseiJ

KokoseiJ GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast

Korea, South
    Nice job! I can finally work with my server using my 3DS :rofl:
    (jokes aside, I don't have X11 in my server)

btw isn't VNC bad for streaming games? I tried to play GTA V with it, which gave me the worst experience...

3. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    so what you mean to say is you have a streaming app that streams your laptop to a 3ds, yet why would you title it wii u emulator for 3ds when its nothing even close.

i then question if you even created this or found it online and wanted to take credit for it.

4. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

this is the best user ban speedrun ive ever seen

5. Badda

OP Badda Nu Member

Tokelau
    It depends on the server implementation. TightVNC does a pretty good job streaming videos or games - I was surprised myself. And you only need to stream a 400x240px portion of the screen to the 3DS anyways.

KokoseiJ likes this.
  6. Badda

OP Badda Nu Member

Tokelau
  7. VinsCool

VinsCool Persona Secretiva Felineus

Canada
    Thing is, that kind of "joke" is never good idea to make.
    Fair advice, no one is upset over it, but teasing a new project as something obviously impossible/fake will only make people call it out immediately.
    If this has to be done again it MUST be aware of being a joke.

Imagine if everyone teased their projects in every homebrew subforums using this method? This won't go well for the simple reason that everyone had seen things being fake and passed out as real.

1 very good example of such a thing was when some guy teased a n64 emulator for 3ds.
    It was very blatantly fake, but he pushed incredibly hard to "prove" it was "real".
    Turns out it was fake, as thought by everyone.
    And the best part? It was a joke, but it clearly missed the eof. In this subforum at least we know it's bullshit when these are shown.

On the other hand, a fake project desguised into something that is not, in the actual homebrew development subforum, will be called out, and it's only the OP's fault for it.

I hope this makes sense :)

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

but of course its real. the 3ds can emulate anything and everything.

9. Rail Fighter

Rail Fighter GBAtemp Fan

Angola
    There's two screens, so it can be emulated.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

How about: Gameboy Advance: GBATemp emulator for GBATemp?

Stealphie likes this.
  11. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp's Favorite Hat Kid

Brazil
    I've seen an HTML5 gba emulator in a certain rom site, so technically if the site allowed it, you could run gba roms on gbatemp.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  12. LaytonesqueActivity

Newcomer

Luxembourg
    Next you'll say "I was only pretending to be-"

Stealphie likes this.
  13. Rail Fighter

Rail Fighter GBAtemp Fan

Angola
    Make one for the regular DS.

Stealphie likes this.
  14. PawsofHorror

PawsofHorror Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    I didn't expect Wii U to be so weak, makes me wonder why there's still no emulator on Android for this console when we just got Switch emulation just now

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

nevermind

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Emulator, Cemu3DS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.