Cemu Wii U emulator version 1.27.0 publically released, new progress on native Linux port

LnO2PQJ.png

Usually, Cemu updates tend to be frequent, but for the last few months, there haven't been any new major build releases. Recently though, the Cemu update drought since February 2022 is over, with the release of the experimental version 1.27.0. There's been some tweaks and overall improvements, bringing support for .wua files, a new audio backend, and auto-detection for update and DLC files, meaning you no longer have to install them. Library scanning has also been revamped, taking much less time than before, for those with large Wii U game libraries.

In addition, the Cemu team provided an update on how the Linux port has been coming along. As of this month, the developers have managed to get Cemu booting fully on Linux, including on the Steam Deck. However, there's still a lot to continue working on, including getting sound working, networking features, and general UI fixes. According to the team, the Linux release should take another 1-3 months before it's ready for the public.

• Reworked title management from the ground up
    • Scanning for titles should be a lot faster. Very noticable if you have a large library
    • Updates and DLC no longer need to be installed. Cemu can now detect and load them directly from the game path folders
    • The title manager window no longer is restricted to showing only one entry per title id, making it easier to manage duplicates
  • Introducing support for a new file format for games which we dubbed Wii U archive (.wua):
    • Supports multiple titles in a single file (e.g. a game combined with it's update and DLC)
    • Cemu can play them directly and display them in the game list
    • Uses compression, resulting in a smaller size than WUX or extracted folder format
    • Lossless, can be converted back to the original files
    • You can easily convert any of your games into .wua format via the Title Manager
    • A standalone tool, including source code, for packing/unpacking is available here
  • Added Cubeb audio backend (see our roadmap for details)
  • Added a workaround for sampler rounding behavior differences between Wii U and OpenGL/Vulkan. This fixes invisible effects in some Wayforward games
  • Opening the GamePad view will no longer blank out the main window on OpenGL
  • Fixed Ctrl + Tab hotkey not toggling between TV and GamePad view
  • General debugger improvements. Added breakpoints will now be remembered across sessions
  • Reworked PDM (Play Diary Manager) service to be a bit more accurate. If you use a full mlc dump, Cemu will show the playtime stats from your console in the game list.
  • Implemented nn_ac API GetAssignedAddress() and GetAssignedSubnet()
  • Improved texture cache heuristics. Should save a bit of VRAM and avoid some unnecessary texture copies
  • Reworked GX2R API and fixed some bugs in the process. Transformers Prime should no longer crash on boot
  • Fixed an issue in the RPL loader where it would generate the wrong branch type. Fixes Your Shape: Fitness Evolved crashing on boot
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when a game tried to access the GamePad camera
  • Added a way to specify IP and port before selecting a DSU controller
  • Tons of under the hood changes. Including:
    • Almost fully migrated to CMake
    • Upgraded from C++17 to C++20
    • Reworked internal string handling to use UTF8 almost everywhere
    • Reworked path handling to be more robust. Relative paths and network storage locations should work now.
    • Reworked emulated system libraries: coreinit atomic, coreinit FS, nn_aoc

Wondering about the state of the Linux port? We posted an update here.

If you want to update to the new 1.27.0 experimental build, you can do so by going to the official Cemu site.

:arrow: Source
:download: Download

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As of this month, the developers have managed to get Cemu booting fully on Linux, including on the Steam Deck.
Progress report:

February -> April 26th: gaming on the steam deck
April 27 and 28th: working on getting cemu to boot from the steam deck

I can't blame them. If I were a team member, the next patch wouldn't be out until 2025. :P

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
  • Fixed Ctrl + Tab hotkey not toggling between TV and GamePad view
Haha nice, I actually waited for this. Now I can play Windwaker with a Nintendo Switch Gamepage with Gyro ... without losing easy Access to the Map and Inventory :D

Thanks Team Cemu for your great work and dedication with the Emulator. It really has come a long way!

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cemu team is always doing great things. If only the WiiU had more games b/c Xenoblade X looks really damn good on this emulator.

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lower audio latency sounds good but it seems to be buggy, I'm waiting for the stable release.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess I have to pull my Wii U out of storage and remember how to dump games again. This new version of CEMU fails to detect my update-merged version of BotW :( When CEMU was still in early development I had an issue that was solved by simply merging the update-data with the game-files and despite the warnings that never caused any issues for me

But now 1.27.0 fails to detect the game and if I try to run the .rpx directly it errors out :/

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried v1.27.0 by playing Super Mario 3D World after making my previous comment. It runs ok, nothing noticeably impactful compared to v1.26.0d. Although, I do prefer playing the ported version of Wii U games on YuZu instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM