Cemu v1.15.16b released

cemulogo2-png.157415

Yep, it's that time again - version 1.15.16b of Cemu, the popular Wii U emulator, is here and it's now available to the general public! This update is all about smaller bug fixes and quality of life improvements: the emulator should no longer freeze on shutdown (a rather well-known issue that would also lock access to the emulator's files and resources until its previous instance would get killed), swapping the TV & GamePad windows will only work when Cemu has focus, game updates' RPX filenames will now be read properly instead of being assumed from the base executable's filename (fixes an issue mainly affecting Wii Sports Club updates) and any previously created controller profiles should be listed again in the input settings window. The anticipated Vulkan renderer is still missing, yet again remaining exclusive to the patron-only v1.16.0 WIP builds for the time being.

Other smaller fixes and improvements have also been included, like better performance when using Wiimotes. You can know more about them by reading the official changelog:
Official changelog said:
# Cemu detailed changelog for 1.15.16b
# Patreon release date: 2019-10-04
# Public release date: 2019-10-11

# New in 1.15.16b:

general: Fixed a bug where previously created controller profiles would not show up in input settings

# New in 1.15.16:

general: Tab and Ctrl+Tab for swapping TV/GamePad screen now only works if Cemu is in focus
general: Fixed an issue where Cemu would freeze on shut down (#175)
general: Improved robustness of Cemu auto-updater
general: Fixed launching games in fullscreen when UI fullscreen option is enabled
general: If a filter is set the graphic pack window will auto-unfold the top node and small subnodes

debugger: If a game ships with debug symbols they should show up in assembly view again

RPL: Retrieve name of update .rpx from cos.xml instead of using the name of the base rpx
Fixes Wii Sports Club update not launching

ErrEula: Fixed message boxes with long button text

Input: Improved performance when using Wiimotes

Note:
(#xx) refers to bug tracker issues resolved by this change. See http://bugs.cemu.info/projects/cemu/

Cemu 1.15.16b can be downloaded by going to its official website (linked below) or, if you are already running version 1.15.10 or later, by using its included auto-updater.

:arrow: Source
:download: Downloads

Naster

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I wonder if can I use Cemu emulating Wii U Gamepad with real Wii U? I need to take screenshots of Wii U Gamepad’s screen without pausing the game.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if can I use Cemu emulating Wii U Gamepad with real Wii U? I need to take screenshots of Wii U Gamepad’s screen without pausing the game.
I need the opposite, I wanna use CEMU with a real Wii U gamepad. (Is that possible yet?)

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone have a link to the WIP builds without having to pay Patreon through their little paywall?
Isn't this the same as asking for links to a pirated game?

If no, how? And more to the point, must you pirate everything? Nintendo won't go broke if you don't buy Zelda, but these dudes don't ever charge for their stable release; you get all their hard work for free... And still you can't be moved to pay $5 and contribute to something great.
:facepalm:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this the same as asking for links to a pirated game?

If no, how? And more to the point, must you pirate everything? Nintendo won't go broke if you don't buy Zelda, but these dudes don't ever charge for their stable release; you get all their hard work for free... And still you can't be moved to pay $5 and contribute to something great.
:facepalm:
I'm just broke and in-between paychecks. :/

homegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's pretty strange. It's super cheap to buy a Wii U now and it's a fun console to play. Well... before the Switch came along that is! I still have my own Wii U hooked up. Granted it never gets used (I wouldn't say it "collects dust" as I clean my house unlike others) but it's a piece of weird Nintendo history.

Just go on eBay and get one. Try local charity shops too. Get out and get some fresh air :) you never know what you might find!

15 years ago I found a fully kitted out Dreamcast (fight stick, 2 official controllers, loads of games) for just £30!!! That was at some tiny charity shop near Huddersfield.

Playing a Wii U emulator on a PC just sounds weird and wrong thanks to the Wii U gamepad existing.

Heh I remember forgetting to cancel my preorder of Breath of the Wild for Wii U. So imagine my surprise on the day I went out to pick my Switch preorder up that when we got back home we ended up with TWO copies of the game for different platforms! (gosh that day changed my life for good. I've always been a dedicated, hardcore gamer but the Switch enabled me to take that on the go. We have a fair sized motorhome and we have big long annual trips around mainland Europe. The Switch has just changed everything for the better. Its just so versatile. We used to try taking a PSOne with us but meh)

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
That's pretty strange. It's super cheap to buy a Wii U now and it's a fun console to play. Well... before the Switch came along that is! I still have my own Wii U hooked up. Granted it never gets used (I wouldn't say it "collects dust" as I clean my house unlike others) but it's a piece of weird Nintendo history.

Just go on eBay and get one. Try local charity shops too. Get out and get some fresh air :) you never know what you might find!

15 years ago I found a fully kitted out Dreamcast (fight stick, 2 official controllers, loads of games) for just £30!!! That was at some tiny charity shop near Huddersfield.

Playing a Wii U emulator on a PC just sounds weird and wrong thanks to the Wii U gamepad existing.

Heh I remember forgetting to cancel my preorder of Breath of the Wild for Wii U. So imagine my surprise on the day I went out to pick my Switch preorder up that when we got back home we ended up with TWO copies of the game for different platforms! (gosh that day changed my life for good. I've always been a dedicated, hardcore gamer but the Switch enabled me to take that on the go. We have a fair sized motorhome and we have big long annual trips around mainland Europe. The Switch has just changed everything for the better. Its just so versatile. We used to try taking a PSOne with us but meh)

I checked ebay out of curiosity, and didn't find any "cheap" used Wii U's, they're all over at least a $100 that includes the gamepad. Doubt it would come to a point like with how cheap you can get a Wii for, as many weren't produced.

EDIT: Actually wait, just found one with the gamepad for about $85. Guess that's decent, but not something I'd pay personally.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Anyone have a link to the WIP builds without having to pay Patreon through their little paywall?

Patreon releases have anti piracy protection. If it detects that it has been obtained w/o a subscription it will not start up and if that is bypassed it does a server check and if it fails limits the emulation speed to 50%. People gave up cracking these a while ago. As for using the Wii U gamepad I don't think that that's possible yet.

Guest_12483

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember using this when it was almost brand new, and games barley ran on my computer at a constant 40fps...Now I can play Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros at 60fps 90% of the time. And my computer is just a bottleneck itself!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c