Cemu emulator version 1.15.8 now publicly available

LnO2PQJ.png

The one-and-only Nintendo Wii U emulator, Cemu, has received another update. This latest version, 1.15.8, adds the typical bugfixes and graphical tweaks, alongside some changes to the overlay and notification system, and improves the streamout cache. The overlay now shows how many shaders you have active while playing, as well as notifications for your friends list when players go on or offline. Be sure to grab the latest version, found on Cemu's official site, linked below.

# Cemu detailed changelog for 1.15.8
# Patreon release date: 2019-05-31
# Public release date: 2019-06-07

general: Updated language files

overlay: Added an option to scale the text size
overlay: Moved some options into a separate notification overlay
Also added new notification options:
- The amount of shaders compiled while playing (#40)
- Friend list information (friend requests, online/offline notifications) (#72)

debug: Added debug option to dump nlibcurl HTTP/HTTPS requests

GX2: Improved accuracy of streamout cache
This addresses the following known issues:
BotW - Particles drifting/warping to wrong positions
Tekken Tag 2 - Corrupted colors/textures on character models

GX2: Resolved an issue where GX2SurfaceCopy() calculated the wrong destination mip level for GPU-side copies
This fixes corrupted textures in:
Lost Reavers, Devil's Third, Ninja Gaiden and Transformers RotDS

nlibcurl: Fixed a potential crash in curl init methods
nlibcurl: Improved accuracy and behavior of read callbacks
This fixes a crash when uploading levels in Super Mario Maker (#68)

coreinit: Implemented OSConsoleWrite(). Any console output will be printed to log.txt

vpad: Fixed VPADControlMotor using the wrong pattern length (#60)
vpad: Fixed a rare crash caused by rumble

Note:
(#xx) refers to bug tracker issues fixed by this change. See http://bugs.cemu.info/projects/cemu/

:arrow: Source

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
I have some games in whatever format it is that wup installer can install them from. What is the easiest way to convert them to be used with CEMU?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is a 1050ti graphics good enough for cemu?

Yes, I use that model, and for example, I can play BOTW perfectly fine at 1080p 60fps. Note that my processor is an Intel core i7 8700, so of course it relies more on it. I remember that it had frame stuttering between 40~50fps, but starting from 1.15 update now it plays at stable 60fps, and amazingly Mario Kart 8 went to be the only game that can run fine at 4K with no frame drops

D

Deleted User

This is only for people who wanna play botw ve without a switch. The rest of the games are better playable on a regular Wii u

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone knows if paper mario: color splash, works 100% now?
There are still some softlocks late in the game, they are being looked into since the Devs just received a save file for easy access to one of those locations.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does cemu load XCi files?
XCI files are for Nintendo Switch. Cemu is a Wii U emulator.

I have some games in whatever format it is that wup installer can install them from. What is the easiest way to convert them to be used with CEMU?
Cemu supports WUD and WUX format titles, along with Loadiine-format (RPX). WUX is a compressed WUD file. To be more specific, RPX is recommended as you do not have to keep a keys.txt updated with your titlekeys, however you will still require those keys to convert a WUD to RPX.

There are some tools to convert WUD to Loadiine-ready titles. Those same tools will work for Cemu.

Last edited by Serfrost,

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
There are still some softlocks late in the game, they are being looked into since the Devs just received a save file for easy access to one of those locations.

Cemu supports WUD and WUX format titles, along with Loadiine-format (RPX). WUX is a compressed WUD file. To be more specific, RPX is recommended as you do not have to keep a keys.txt updated with your titlekeys, however you will still require those keys to convert a WUD to RPX.

There are some tools to convert WUD to Loadiine-ready titles. Those same tools will work for Cemu.

Yeah it totally is

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The controller in the logo reminds me of the original Gravis Joypad https://ancientelectronics.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/gravcon1.jpg

Wow! Someone else used these for Windows Millennium Edition (A.K.A. the BSOD Edition), I see!

Still, with how many Wii U ports the Switch is getting, that "Sell Your Wii U 2" image couldn't ring truer for the majority of the games that are being remastered or just getting a better supported versions on the Switch. Thing is, I'd hope they'd get the ports like Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime Trilogy (if you want to make the Switch the best system ever), and port some Wii games to the system to maybe remind certain devs (*coughs* Capcom *coughs*) that motion controls and other unique features are supported and appreciated by people if they're given options. You know, I was at work earlier this week, and I saw a co-worker playing Splatoon 2 online while on lunch break and she was aiming the controller using the gyroscope features of the Joy-Cons. If having a full set of what are, individually, better Wiimotes that can work together to form a full controller isn't progress, then I don't know what progress is!

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks, I'll look into it now I know where to start. I'll still probably play things properly on the Wii U itself, but I like messing about with emulators too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over