Cell Phones

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by CheatingSoi, Apr 25, 2008.

Apr 25, 2008

Cell Phones by CheatingSoi at 6:12 PM (954 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    So I've had the same old cell phone for 4 years and it is very boring and out of date. ll my friends have these nice new phones and I would love to get one but dont know where to start. I dont care what the service is right now. I just want to know what some good phones are. I'm looking for phones like these.

Click
    Click Again

Pretty much I, want one that has a slideout keyboard. I dont really know if I like the flip open one as much (Bottom Link) but I have no idea if these are good cell phones. Keep in mind These are just examples, I just googled them for the purpose of showing what I wanted. I want the phone for texting, music, possible internet (wifi?) being able to go on aim and of course, calling (somthing noone actually seems to use cell phones for these days)

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    One of my phones is a Samsung F700 ... I like it a lot ...

3. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    maybe buy some spv, latest ones have slided keyboard.

4. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    get the verizon one
    that flips up like a regular
    but if you turn it around, you can flip it the other way
    its called the envy i think

5. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Ok, I problly should have asked to list price too. Not looking to spend to much $

6. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
  7. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
  8. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Yes! I found it! This is the phone my friend has (I think). This is pretty much exactly what I am looking for but I've heard bad things about it. Does anyone know what ist called, where I can get it, if its any good and how much?

9. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    That phone you posted above is the LG rumor. Costs 40$ (fail-mart price) and I'm sure thats with a contract.
    Well, my brother works in the cellular section of the local Fail-mart so I've got to play around with most of the phones that are there. I can tell you now the LG rumor by Sprint, which is what the first link is, is a great phone for TXT and does what most normal phones do. If you want unlimited TXT on sprint its 10$ a month. the keyboard is comfy and you get used to it quick. It has micro SD expansion. I'll tell you one thing it sucks at. Pictures. BLOWS AT PICTURES. Its 1.3 megapixels of Dark blocky sludge. soo I wouldn't get it if you care about that. I know this because my brothers wife owns one. and don't try to find extra software (like emulators) to put on it. Its...just not there.

My brother on the other hand has a Treo 755p running Palm OS 5.4.9 on sprint service. This is a smart phone with a touchscreen and full keypad as well. Think it cost around 150$ with a service plan. But I can't be too sure. Treo
    It has a Mini SD expansion slot and plenty plenty features. My brother has the unlimited data plan (15$ a month on sprint) and so he enjoys the webbrowsing, instant messanging, this that and the other thing you can do with this. Even with 1-2 bars of service we can get google up in acouple seconds. You can download files straight to the phone and fun stuff like that. PLus...the best part...EMULATORS. NES, SNES, Gamegear, amiga, Etc etc. and lots of extra applications that can be found on the net, not preloaded of course. It also will play mp3s fine, and Divx + lots of other video types with the right applications. Remote desktop...streaming video...etc etc. and the phone takes digital camera quality pictures. My brother came home with printed out pictures from his phone and I couldn't tell the damn difference at all. But on the downside its not a mini-cutesy phone...if you like that hipster ultra slim crap with crappy hinges then don't go for this.

Anyway...choose wisely.