Gaming Celeste is 50% off and chapter 9 DLC is available for free

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some Indie games get big. Some fly under the radar. Others, get huge. Nominated for Game of the Year 2018, Celeste has left an impact on gaming culture with it's tight, frustrating gameplay and relatable messages about anxiety, all with an incredible soundtrack to boot. I'm not usually one to like a game just because there's hype around it, but Celeste struck a chord with me that few games can.

As of right now, it is available on the eshop for $10 (50% off it's normal price) and it has been updated with it's 9th and final chapter. Use those gold points you have lying around and buy this game if you haven't already. It's doubtful you'll regret it.

Reactions: p1w1x

User199x

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Already got it. It's one of the few games I played that instead of laughing at your failure, encourages you to keep going, no matter how frustrating it can be at times. Definitely one of the best I have played yet.

Reactions: Nerdtendo

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might buy it, since it's on sale. I really liked how guacamelee did things, but I fear I might get frustrated with constant deaths.

D

Deleted User

Probably only in North America. It's not on sale in Australia, so it probably isn't on sale in Europe either.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hate games like that, games that are just hard for the sake of being hard. I like a challenge, but Super Meat Boy is just annoying after a while.
The main story mode of Celeste isn't super hard, gets a decent challenge toward the end but nothing masochistic. It's all the extra levels where the real difficulty lies, so if that's not your jam you can still enjoy a great game with a great story.

Can confirm it's not on sale on the UK store, sadly.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main story mode of Celeste isn't super hard, gets a decent challenge toward the end but nothing masochistic. It's all the extra levels where the real difficulty lies, so if that's not your jam you can still enjoy a great game with a great story.

Can confirm it's not on sale on the UK store, sadly.
Remember the switch is region free so you can get the sale from an American account

Reactions: hippy dave

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with that is that you need to make a new account. that one option to autoselect your account when booting up a game is almost perfect. ys 8 I believe is the only game I own that still asks for your account. however, with a second account, I think it will ask which account when booting anything, which is irritating.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.