Hacking CECHC02 Downgrade Clarity

discunbah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Now I know what you're thinking - here we go, another noob thread - where's the admin!?

Please, I just need some clarity on a specific Australian console model.

I just recently spent $170 on a fat ps3 console, one of the old 60GB versions and yes it has backwards compatibility for PS1 and PS2, yes I'm replacing the thermal paste and cleaning all vents, no it does not suffer from YLOD (not yet anyway, touch wood), yes I will be installing a WD10JPVX 1TB 2.5" 9.5mm 5400rpm hard drive (PREFERABLY BEFORE INSTALLING CFW IF POSSIBLE, because I have no idea if I can even safely update the hdd after downgrade and cfw).

It's model number is CECHC02 and it's on 4.60 version firmware - now the question is; can I downgrade this to be able to install cfw and run backup ROMs off the internal hard drive, if so, how do I go about doing so, where do I start and what tutorials/tools will be useful.

I have searched for hours on end and simply do not have enough time after work or on weekends to be trawling the internet for info that I'm not sure is legit or even the info I need.

Thank you kindly,
D

discunbah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for your swift reply, I will get onto that asap and let you know how it goes, I'll have to wait for parts to arrive though.

How difficult is flashing it?

D

Edit: Quote: "The Latest Firmware You Can Downgrade From Is 4.53" - won't this affect me as my console is on 4.60???

Last edited by discunbah,
D

Deleted User

No, that was just as it was when the article was written. The program used to patch or byte-reverse your dumps obviously is the key component.

discunbah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, I'm going to have to get my head around all the lingo used as I have never patched a console, dumped, backed up whatever, the furthest I've gone in console modding is an R4 card with a DS and custom multi platform emulators...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way, is cfw this model ps3 going to in any way inhibit my backwards-compatibility? I just want to be able to run my backups from the 1tb internal hdd, but still play ps1, ps2 and ps3 discs like normal use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...