CDS Evo the ultimate card or not?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Sokonomi, Mar 18, 2008.

Mar 18, 2008
  1. Sokonomi
    OP

Newcomer Sokonomi Member

Netherlands
    Hi Folks,

Yeah, Yet another n00p with an R4 im afraid. [​IMG]

Ive been eyeballing the Cyclo for a while now, reading up on its pros and cons,
    and I still have some questions that keep me from just getting one. [​IMG]

Q: The cyclo supposedly loads games alot slower then the R4.
    Does it really noticably load slower? Or is it all a matter of how fast your memorycard is?

Q: They say theres a "crappy batch" being sold. Is there a way to tell if its the new batch?
    Ive seen white ones and black ones sofar. One site even lets me choose.

Q: I saw several reviews speaking of graphic glitches in games when calling the ingame menu.
    Has that been fixed?

Q: Does a bigger (SDHC, say 8Gb) card make it slower? And does it truely run without hiccups?

Q: How does this card handle the EZflash 3.in.1 Slot2 card?
    Like rumble, browser cache, GBA game flashing.

Sorry for probably asking wich way the sky is, but quite frankly im a lazy bastard. [​IMG]

Game on,
    Sven

2. amemoryoncelost

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    games load faster than my ds-x did, this seems like a non issue when we're talking about seconds of your life
    this was months ago, if you can find someone still selling these, I'd love for you to point them out, the 4th batch has been out for at least a couple of months now and it seems like those are almost gone too...
    I haven't noticed the glitches myself, but I think I remember this being fixed in the final 1.3 update
    no idea about the sdhc and if it runs slower
    I've heard it handles the 3n1 well if you're using gbaexploader
    just buy the cyclo, you'll be happy

3. Tetram

Member Tetram GBAtemp Regular

France
    I've got a small experience about linkers. I had a M3 Lite with passcard, then a EZflash-V with 3-in-1, and finally Cyclo DS. Here is the answers of your questions :

It's just perfect, even better than with Ezflash-V. When it is plugged in your DS, you will be able to configure CycloDS to use the rumble function, and it works like a charm.
    Besides, no problem with Opera too, and with GBAexploader it's perfect for the GBA games.

You can go and buy it with your eyes blinded : it's definitely the best linker I've ever tested, and the recent problem with Final Fantasy Cristal Chronicle and the so-called anti piracy protection proved to me that I made the good choice (Cyclo DS was one of the sole linkers able to play it)