XXLANCEXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Is Why I dont Trust The News Anymore :/

QUOTE said:
Are you prepared for the impending zombie invasion?

That's the question posed by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention in a Monday blog posting gruesomely titled, "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse." And while it's no joke, CDC officials say it's all about emergency preparation.

"There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for," the posting reads. "Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That's right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency."

The post, written by Assistant Surgeon General Ali Khan, instructs readers how to prepare for "flesh-eating zombies" much like how they appeared in Hollywood hits like "Night of the Living Dead" and video games like Resident Evil. Perhaps surprisingly, the same steps you'd take in preparation for an onslaught of ravenous monsters are similar to those suggested in advance of a hurricane or pandemic.

"First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house," the posting continues. "This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp (or in the event of a natural disaster, it will buy you some time until you are able to make your way to an evacuation shelter or utility lines are restored)."

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/c.../#ixzz1MmX5OxZJ
BTW Please Fix The Title.... The URL Replaced over this "CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'"

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was a mock drill oniy if the T-virus is real better practice flesh eating (sarcasim) but it reminds me in my state someone hacked A molble alert sign (used to alert drives of traffic issues and road work to say "warning....Zombies ahead"

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The article tells you to deal with Zombies in the same way you'd deal with a natural disaster.

Yeah because I'd fight off a hurricane with a pick axe and a sawed-off shot gun.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awww shit, I knew this day would come.

Luckily, I have a shelter for just such an occasion and Resident Evil has taught me many Zombie-fighting skills.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Very shrewd play there CDC. Notice how all the precautions add "could also be applied to a earthquake". This is a joke article title to get people to read info about preapring for real natural disasters.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:
Even the CDC has succumbed to the age of Idiocy. When will it end.

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ May 20 2011, 11:19 AM) Very shrewd play there CDC. Notice how all the precautions add "could also be applied to a earthquake". This is a joke article title to get people to read info about preapring for real natural disasters.

It is clearly a play to force you to prepare for real emergencies by using something many people will read and pay attention to.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's another news submission thing, dumbasses. Fox News is just fishing for more bullshit stories. Saw this on /x/ the other day, damn this spread fast.
Wait, holy shit. It WAS.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys may think this is stupid, but I'm praying this is real. I would LOVE a Zombie Apocalypse. As long as they're not the Zombies from 28 days/weeks later. They're too fast. Zombieland Zombies... uhh yeah sure, they stumble while they run.

I would love it if I got to at least see one real zombie before I died.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lemme at 'em!! I'll whack those shizzes to orbit with ma Wiimote.

Oh wait, it's a troll news..... -_- Just when I got my hopes up for seeing real Zombies...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

It's getting your attention, isn't it?

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards