CD Projekt Red shares new details about next-gen 'Cyberpunk 2077' and 'The Witcher 3' versions

cdpr.jpg

In a recent earnings report, CD Projekt Red provided new details about the next-gen versions of its popular games. They are targeting a Q1 2022 release for the next-gen Cyberpunk 2077 version and a Q2 2022 for The Witcher 3. CDPR says that those versions are "on track" to meet their target dates. Those who purchased Cyberpunk 2077 on the PS4 and Xbox One can reportedly expect a free next-gen version upgrade.

Adam Kiciński, the company's CEO, also said that they are working on "another major update" for Cyberpunk 2077 on all platforms. In addition, a Cyberpunk expansion is also in the works.

CD Projekt Red also mentioned that they are conducting "exploratory work" on new projects which are at "an early stage of development".

:arrow: SOURCE

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Here we go again, after the upgrade for me it's going to be:

Witcher 3: 5th playthrough.
Cyberpunk 2077: 3rd playthrough.

Can't wait.

Reactions: tabzer

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully the 'next-gen upgrade' includes more than just graphical enhancements to bring PS5/XBSX on par with the PC version. Game still needs two boatloads of bug fixes, not to mention some core mechanics changed.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Cyberpunk is an "exploratory work" in "an early stage of development" lol

Why don't they shut up and focus on fixing that dumpster fire first
I was literally coming in to say that.

I guess everyone thinks the same thing about Cyberpunk.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought the game's physical media recently for R$50 ($8.89 in current conversion) and I'm playing on PS4 (more specifically on PS4 Slim)

I have to say, the game is far from being as bad as many were saying, to be honest I'm having a lot of fun with the game and really enjoying the story and side-quests.

god they better fix 2k77 for the current gen and last gen god what a train wreck

The PS4 version is currently very good, they fixed several of the problems that this version had (possibly due to the pressure to get the game back to Playstation Store as soon as possible)

However, if you play the game installed on a hard drive or installed on the PS4's internal hard drive, you will still face some pop-in or sluggishness issues (especially if you answer the phone while driving a car), however these issues will be corrected if you play. on an SSD.

The Xbox One version on the other hand is still quite problematic, the game suffers from serious performance issues and runs at a much lower resolution than the PS4 version, but let's face it... just because they tried to run this game on a hardware that wasn't good even by 2013 standards is amazing, it's a miracle they were able to run this game on a console with 8GB DDR3 RAM and an extremely slow Jaguar CPU.

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least in this case, the upgrade to the next gen version is free, while Rockstar wants you to buy GTA V, over and over again.
I still remember when Rockstar told everyone "there isn't going to be a next gen version" so PS3 and Xbox 360 owners didn't wait to buy. Every mention of this was completely memory holed too.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious