1. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    Imagine delaying a game multiple times for almost a decade with empty promises of being released, just to miss an entire console generation and release the game (STILL INCOMPLETE, MIND YOU) at the end of the console's life when the next gen comes out. And to top it all off, you still get a buggy, unoptimized piece of shit, making all those delays feel unnecessary and like a slap to the face. Sorry, but CDPR deserves the backlash they get for fucking over people that bought it, and they have a lot of sucking up to do. Even the Witcher 3 launch wasn't this bad.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. relauby

OP relauby Idiot Child
    Reviewer

Canada
    Not really. If it was normally easy to get refunds, the fact that CDPR was offering them wouldn’t be big news. Most stores won’t take opened discs. Steam only offers two weeks or 2 hours played for a refund. PSN gives you two weeks, but only if you haven’t downloaded it. Getting a refund on a game is hard.

Scott_pilgrim and shaunj66 like this.
  3. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    I've never seen a studio offer refunds for a title on a scale like this before. Correct me if I'm wrong?

4. K3mpst0n

K3mpst0n Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Here's an idea. Realise a game isn't ready for release and instead of releasing it anyway, delay until it is ready.

Radical, I know.

5. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    No you're right, but the ability to get a refund from the platform selling the game is fairly commonplace, on PC at least. Consumer protection laws are much stronger outside the US as well, so going that route is always an option for other platforms, though it's surely more of a PITA. Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 starts a conversation about Playstation/Xbox refund policies too, as draconian as those continue to be.

6. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    well, it's a way to fix things, I guess. many publishers/devs wouldn't do the same.

7. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    sigh...

Yeah, not even 10% of this roadmap will actually be adhered to, if triple ayyyyyyyy game development history has taught us anything. Then again, I'm not some CDPR apologist of any sort. They don't typically make the kind of games I give a crap about enough to play.

Up until this hot mess, all I knew of CD Projekt Red was, that they also made the Witcher series. And that the first one's review on Zero Punctuation is where Yahtzee Croshaw initially coined the phrase PC Gaming Master Race... as a derogatory slur. Why? because the game was such a goddamned hot mess, that it seemed the only people openly defending it were the kind of people that can't enjoy a game, unless they spend at minimum, 1.5x time troubleshooting it than actually playing the game. And then of course, idiots on reddit took the insult and spun it to be some kind of grand compliment; because of course they would.

If there was to be any justice in this world, any good will CDPR had built up to this point would have instantly vanished with everything that they've done to make this game's release this effing terrible. Like, seriously...
    • How on earth did they swindle both Sony and Microsoft simultaneously to get the game to pass certification on the consoles and release as badly as it did?!
    • How is this game so buggy? did they just absorb a bunch of people from Bethesda? did todd howard start working there, now?
    • How the F*ck can CDPR sit there with a straight face and tell us that a 3090 (which initially MSRP'd for $1500 USD), is somehow not enough to run the game at 4K? That's egregious garbage this side of Crytek's entitlement syndrome
    Which, is a shame, because, at least from when I was able to catch a few twitch streams... when the game isn't bugging out like a bastard, it actually looks fine, and tells a decent enough narrative. But as intolerant as I am to game and immersion-breaking bugs, there's simply no way I could feasibly tolerate playing it in the condition it's presently in, even on PC.

8. Bajortski

Bajortski Member
    Newcomer

United States
    People: notice all the things CD projeckt put in themselves they claim are glitches
    CD projeckt:

6adget likes this.
  9. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Can't wait to pick this game up in 2023 and have much fun with it!

Scott_pilgrim and 64bitmodels like this.
  10. CPG

CPG haggis!

Canada
    [​IMG]
    cyberpunk do be going down a downward spiral

11. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    I swear, I’m going to need a content warning when i see that shade of yellow

64bitmodels and CPG like this.
  12. Payne

Payne Member
    Newcomer

Georgia
    Want to play this game, but don't have pc that can run it, but then again I may get around buying gaming pc before major patches come out for this, lol

13. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  14. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    I was going to post that, dang.
    Basically how any apology from any corporation feels.

And don't forget actually lying about the ps4 and xbox... x? one? version, saying that they "worked surprisingly well", when... well, no.

15. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    It's all PR bull crap and they know it

DarkCoffe64 likes this.
  16. Paralel

Paralel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    They tried this, and still managed to put out a steaming pile of CDPR

When things are this bad, for a Dev this large, if they tried to not do this, they literally would have been burned alive while their corporate headquarters was reduced to cinders by unbelievably angry people frothing at the mouth. Governments have been toppled for less.

Last edited by Paralel, Jan 15, 2021
  17. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    they never started working on this till 2016. so that's practically 4 years they had and they still fucked it up!!

18. SG854

SG854 I Will Show You Paradise

Comoros
    This video is damning on CD Project Red. They flat out lied. I can't accept their apology when they lied. A mistake is like leaving the stove too long and burning your food. But they lied, and purposely put on embargoes knowing the condition of the game. They lied in the apology too to not say anything that could damn themselves since they are getting sued. And they made it seem like the pc version is ok. Its not. Its riddled with bugs.

The over promised, and underdelivered. Its not just the bugs either. The main core needs lots of work. Police system sucks. Physics suck. Games need more then just big fixes.

I only feel bad for the developers, they only wanted a good game. The people in charge that thought it was ok to release in the condition it was in should get all the hate.

Last edited by SG854, Jan 19, 2021
    Dartz150 and Daggot like this.
  19. SG854

SG854 I Will Show You Paradise

Comoros
    I own the game. And why would anyone buy the game in the condition it is in. Just to earn complaining rights? Thats bad thinking. No one should support the game its in and give project red money for lying about its condition. Just to have complaining rights made with ridiculous argument logic is not worth giving them money. You don't need to own the game to know its current condition. There's enough videos and people talking about it to know this game sucks in the state its in right now.

Complaining about this game and not giving them money to own it, saying you won't support it is more effective. It says they won't get money from you because of what they did or didn't do unless they do better.

20. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Germany
    That's not the point I'm making. While everything you said is true, what I'm talking about is when people complain about a game they we're not interested in the first place but hating on it is fun so they do that anyway.

It's like if I started complaining about the new Fortinite Battle pass season not having the cosmetics I'd want despite never touching that game.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - performance, apologizes, Cyberpunks