CD Projekt Red apologizes for Cyberpunk's poor performance and reveals plans for the game's future

72844286b7f6556a3374df207f5d606ebed63a87.jpg

Despite having already been released, Cyberpunk 2077 is still seeing more delays. In a statement, both as a video with CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwiński and as a text Q&A, released on their website today, developer CD Projekt Red addressed the technical issues that has plagued the game since launch and laid out their plans for how to handle things in the future. A large patch will be coming in the next ten days, with another large patch to follow "in the weeks after," along with more regular updates and improvements. The studio had originally planned to release free DLC in early 2021, but have shifted their priority to fixing bugs, so those DLCs have been delayed and will be released afterwards. More details on the DLCs can be expected in the following months. Similarly, the next-gen updates for Xbox Series X|S and Playstation 5 have also been delayed to the second half of 2021, originally slated for release in Q1 2021.

Also in the statement are details on the technical issues that led to the game's poor performance and multiple delays. He explains that Cyberpunk 2077 featured a multitude of custom objects and interacting systems, and having the game take place in a large city, in a "relatively loading-free environment," taxed older consoles' "streaming" systems. "Streaming is responsible for 'feeding' the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics," reads the statement. "Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us." It also explains that they prioritized graphical fidelity on the PC version and then tried to adjust it for consoles, which caused more issues.

While the Q&A is more or less a transcript of the video for the most part, there are a few points in the Q&A not mentioned in the video. Namely, on the topic of crunch, CD Projekt claims that avoiding crunch will be a top priority for them in the future. This language is notably less definitive than their previous promises to stop crunch altogether, which they were not able to keep during Cyberpunk 2077's development. They also re-affirm that they are continuing the refund program, and that they are still working to get the game back on the Playstation Store.

:arrow: Source

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
That's not the point I'm making. While everything you said is true, what I'm talking about is when people complain about a game they we're not interested in the first place but hating on it is fun so they do that anyway.

It's like if I started complaining about the new Fortinite Battle pass season not having the cosmetics I'd want despite never touching that game.
And how would you know they don't own the game? Have you ever caught anyone doing that? Or did you assume that there must be someone out there that exists that does that, but you never actually caught one doing that in person.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And how would you know they don't own the game? Have you ever caught anyone doing that?
I did actually. You'd be surprised.
One of them was my Ex boyfriend. prior to release he was like "I'm not interested in this game" when i mentioned it and post release he was hating on it like crazy.

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got a full refund for my collector's edition on PS4... And they didn't want to pay for return so told me to keep it... Talk about a disaster though. To think only a few months extra and they could have put out a perfect game. I mean people were excited to play this game so a few months to have a perfect launch would have been fine. I waited for 5 years for this game. Lol

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I took a weird path. I did the Stadia pre-order, but during that time I didn't expect to land a PS5, but I did. If I wouldn't have did that I probably would have just got the PS4 version and hope that it played well on my PS5. As for the Stadia version other then maybe a few graphical glitches, the gun stick bug which happened to me once, and the shootout with panam in that I kept flatlining because I had to use a shotgun instead of a rifle or something, it's been a rather good experience. Finished all the quests before end game so I made a bit of money and got most of the legendarys I wanted and got legendary crafting so thats cool. I don't know if I want to try for the other endings. Def looking forward to some free dlc and even paid if it looks dope. I would have no problem getting the next gen version when it comes out to play it on my PS5 if the price is right. I'm just hoping that when that releases maybe it's a little less then $59.99-$49.99. Like maybe it will be a $29.99 release since it's already actually been out and not going to be a PS5 exclusive you know. I'd def would grab the next gen version at that. Don't really feel like paying $50+ or more for a game I already have. My computer with its 1060 prob couldn't handle it or prob only on real low settings so it was def Stadia or Next Gen for me. I'm a Geforce now head and didn't think about getting that so I could play it on my Nvidia Shield Android TV. So maybe choices. lol!! After playing this though my anticipation for GTA VI is really high. Like I'm def day one on that. I'm just waiting for that one you know.

Last edited by freestile,

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I took a weird path. I did the Stadia pre-order, but during that time I didn't expect to land a PS5, but I did. If I wouldn't have did that I probably would have just got the PS4 version and hope that it played well on my PS5. As for the Stadia version other then maybe a few graphical glitches, the gun stick bug which happened to me once, and the shootout with panam in that I kept flatlining because I had to use a shotgun instead of a rifle or something, it's been a rather good experience. Finished all the quests before end game so I made a bit of money and got most of the legendarys I wanted and got legendary crafting so thats cool. I don't know if I want to try for the other endings. Def looking forward to some free dlc and even paid if it looks dope. I would have no problem getting the next gen version when it comes out to play it on my PS5 if the price is right. I'm just hoping that when that releases maybe it's a little less then $59.99-$49.99. Like maybe it will be a $29.99 release since it's already actually been out and not going to be a PS5 exclusive you know. I'd def would grab the next gen version at that. Don't really feel like paying $50+ or more for a game I already have. My computer with its 1060 prob couldn't handle it or prob only on real low settings so it was def Stadia or Next Gen for me. I'm a Geforce now head and didn't think about getting that so I could play it on my Nvidia Shield Android TV. So maybe choices. lol!! After playing this though my anticipation for GTA VI is really high. Like I'm def day one on that. I'm just waiting for that one you know.

Cyberpunk 2077 is already out for PS5... It's an included upgrade that comes free with the ps4 version. I actually had tons of problems on my Ps5. For one, the game kept crashing about ever 30 minutes for no apparent reason giving me a different error code almost every time. I had graphical glitches where nobody had a face it was all blurry, there's also a few places that you can interact with the "breaching puzzles" that I would fall below the map when trying to log into those puzzles causing me to have to load a previous save. There also seems to be some delay when driving... It's a few milliseconds but enough to make it very hard to drive accurately at high speeds.
I also have the game on my pc, and it works flawlessly with my 2080TI on 4K screen. It seems like it was ment for PC. I don't think they put much time to make it good for consoles... At least it doesn't look like it.
All and all, I think it's a great game and I can't wait for more content and more updates. Games like this will get better over time.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Cyberpunk 2077 is already out for PS5... It's an included upgrade that comes free with the ps4 version. I actually had tons of problems on my Ps5. For one, the game kept crashing about ever 30 minutes for no apparent reason giving me a different error code almost every time. I had graphical glitches where nobody had a face it was all blurry, there's also a few places that you can interact with the "breaching puzzles" that I would fall below the map when trying to log into those puzzles causing me to have to load a previous save. There also seems to be some delay when driving... It's a few milliseconds but enough to make it very hard to drive accurately at high speeds.
I also have the game on my pc, and it works flawlessly with my 2080TI on 4K screen. It seems like it was ment for PC. I don't think they put much time to make it good for consoles... At least it doesn't look like it.
All and all, I think it's a great game and I can't wait for more content and more updates. Games like this will get better over time.

I know that. I meant an actual PS5 disc release. My bad I didnt make that more clear. I'm not even sure if they'll release that in line with the next gen update. They probably wont since there's already the PS4 Disc version. Me myself I would just want the PS5 disc version to add to my disc collection I guess to say. I'm wondering if they'll bring it back to PSN?? Yeah Stadia really delivered. I only had the gun stick bug like twice. So far other then like 2 other minor graphical glitches and a weapon floating around somewhere here and there after killing a mob everythings been rather good so far. I do play it on 600MB ethernet connection which is all mine so I have no issues with any of that. All in all looking forward to more from this in the future.

Last edited by freestile,
Reactions: White_Raven_X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol