CD Projekt promises refunds for retail buyers of Cyberpunk 2077, even if it's out of their pocket

4HtNCXG.png

As CD Projekt Red attempts to put out the fires caused by the rocky launch of Cyberpunk 2077, it's time yet again for a special message, that yes, comes in a black text on a bright yellow background format. After PlayStation removed the game from their storefront yesterday night, CD Projekt Red has updated their initial return policy statement and claims that they will be helping any unsatisfied owners of Cyberpunk 2077 that purchased their copy through a third party and cannot currently get a refund. Initially, the company asked for fans to wait for any patches before attempting to refund, but if they wanted to, they could do so by contacting "[email protected]". Now, all you need is a valid proof of purchase, and to send an email to the aforementioned contact, to which CD Projekt Red will refund all willing buyers, even if it's "out of [their] own pocket if necessary". You have until December 21st to get in touch with them, should you want a refund on your physical copy or retail digital copy.

Those that bought the game digitally on PlayStation are being given refunds currently, Microsoft is allowing refunds on digital purchases of Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

:arrow: Source

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
This is crazy. How is it possible to fumble this badly?

Any temp users have the game on a last gen console and care to share the experience? Is it bad enough to warrant a refund.

I've watched videos and it's definitely disappointing - I wonder if it's playable.
I will speak of my experience on PS4 Pro, the game work fine for me until now, but I only played for less than 10 hours and I only encountered minor bugs like I cannot pick some items, it's ok because it's not important and so many big games like skyrim and witcher were worse at launch, skyrim was totally unplayable on ps3 at launch and until now it work like shit.
I stopped playing not because of the bug but because I want to have better experience with the AI and on PS5 when i get one soon I hope.
I heard it work much better on PC.

Reactions: tabzer and x65943

BeastMode6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I think there no need to rush for refund, let's have faith in CD projekt will keep the promise and fix the game.
I played it on PC and I gotta be honest with you, it's just not a very great game period. Forget the bugs, this game is straight up unfinished. There are quite a few actual features that are barebones and just feel lazy or unfinished.

For example, the police in the game. Whenever you get a wanted level, the police will literally spawn in instantly behind you and start shooting you. They don't seem to use vehicles, so all you have to do to escape is get in any vehicle and drive down the road. It is by far the worst police AI I have ever seen in an open world game, which includes games that are nearly two decades old now like GTA 3. I honestly would've rather have had no police system in the game than have the one we do now.

They definitely shouldn't have even attempted to release this in the state it is now. If they would've spent another year working on the open world gameplay aspect of it, this could've rivaled GTA 5. They nailed the look and feel/setting of the game, but gameplay wise it is just not any fun.

Reactions: Bladexdsl
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's the least they could do after the dumpster fire they released. But I've a feeling when they say "out of their pocket", they mean the Dev's pockets, not the ceos or what...

It's a bit fucked limiting this to December 21st when a load of these copies are going to be Xmas gifts.
I take everything I said back, scummy motherfuckers.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When quantity (of sales ofc) becomes more important than quality (of the product), this things happen.

This is another reason why I don't buy consoles/games at launch day, I'd better play a finished product than pay for an unfinished one rushed to the stores, disrespecting the customer.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
cauz I 'm on PC and i experienced none of console players issues,
good for you lol but the refunds are for consoles, so that has nothing to do with anything, if you were on consoles you would say otherwise, its obviously they just made the pc version their main development line and then did a rushed port to consoles on the last few months.

Last edited by pedro702,

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what's all the hype around this game, its nothing special and absolutely nothing new at all, at all. And seriously, you're not able to make the game playable on a console that's 5+ years on the market and in your hands, its just funny, amateurism. I can't stand games with over the top attitude, everyone is angry, swearing all the time, all torn up and modified, eccentric etc. Not gonna even go into gameplay, bet its 60-70% of it actually cut scenes, mid battle animations.

Last edited by drazenm,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I played it on PC and I gotta be honest with you, it's just not a very great game period. Forget the bugs, this game is straight up unfinished. There are quite a few actual features that are barebones and just feel lazy or unfinished.

For example, the police in the game. Whenever you get a wanted level, the police will literally spawn in instantly behind you and start shooting you. They don't seem to use vehicles, so all you have to do to escape is get in any vehicle and drive down the road. It is by far the worst police AI I have ever seen in an open world game, which includes games that are nearly two decades old now like GTA 3. I honestly would've rather have had no police system in the game than have the one we do now.

They definitely shouldn't have even attempted to release this in the state it is now. If they would've spent another year working on the open world gameplay aspect of it, this could've rivaled GTA 5. They nailed the look and feel/setting of the game, but gameplay wise it is just not any fun.
WOW,here's another Pc mustard racer! I played it on pc too,and I love it!maybe I'm just a simple man:

I see Keanu, I bought it.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Was this game this hyped because of how extremely good The Witcher 3 was?
I always thought that the game looked super-boring, is it any good at all?

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember playing Harvest Moon: It's a Wonder Life back in the day on Gamecube and PS2.

It ran great on Gamecube, and comparably PS2 slowed waay down when it had to load larger areas, etc. Still playable, but just super slow and clunky.

I wonder at what point unoptimized, buggy games became such a huge deal that it sets the internet ablaze and warrants companies to issue mass refunds.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I remember playing Harvest Moon: It's a Wonder Life back in the day on Gamecube and PS2.

It ran great on Gamecube, and comparably PS2 slowed waay down when it had to load larger areas, etc. Still playable, but just super slow and clunky.

I wonder at what point unoptimized, buggy games became such a huge deal that it sets the internet ablaze and warrants companies to issue mass refunds.
this is a different matter altogether the game crashes every 90 minutes or so, lots of t poses, teleports, textures that dont load, bugged quests that take forever to finish because they bug out and you cant complete them and etc, they are not simple game bugs like most games, this is basically a beta if you can call it that.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Deleted User

nani17

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm not surprised to be honest that the game has bugs but it's far beyond what anyone expected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1