CD Projekt Announces Cyberpunk 2077

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CD Projekt, the developers behind The Witcher franchise, have announced and released the teaser trailer for their new game, Cyberpunk 2077.​
The game follows the Maximum Force Tactical Division (MAX-TC), nicknamed the "Psycho Squad", a special law enforcement division tasked with taking down those who have overused implants and substances. These psychos have augmented themselves to the point of rebeling against their own organic self, as well as all organic beings around them.​
The trailer shows off the police firing on a woman psycho after her rampage, and the Psycho Squad coming in to finish her off. Later, it appears, she actually joins the Psycho Squad. CD Projekt has also stated that the game will be released in 2015 the earliest, as well as hinting a 2014 release date for The Witcher 3. More info can be found at the source.​
No consoles were announced for the title, but presumably it will be for the next generation.​
:arrow: Source

Reactions: koimayeul and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hory Sheet Batman, my cyberpunk-loving heart just had a nerdgasm - this looks incredibly appealing. Hunting rogue androids may be a tried-and-true concept that's been used a hundred times already, but hell, it never gets boring... plus, it's CD Project - it's close to my heart as it is.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was it an actual trailer or just CGI? I mean it was great CGI and the concept alone has me quite interested (especially if it is from the witcher people) but without gameplay I can only marvel at fireworks.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think so.

Well that's too bad.

Anyway, I really liked the trailer after a second viewing. I wasn't too fond of The Witcher but this looks quite interesting and I look forward to it. Unfortunately you probably won't see much as it's got a ways to go until a possible release. 2015 is the earliest, it could be 2016 or 2017... or 2077.

Reactions: Daemauroa

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well that's too bad.

Anyway, I really liked the trailer after a second viewing. I wasn't too fond of The Witcher but this looks quite interesting and I look forward to it. Unfortunately you probably won't see much as it's got a ways to go until a possible release. 2015 is the earliest, it could be 2016 or 2017... or 2077.

No, i think the trailer is awesome too but its not so important to be set on the home page.
It's like posting the announcement of Pokemon X/Y.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, i think the trailer is awesome too but its not so important to be set on the home page.
It's like posting the announcement of Pokemon X/Y.

Well too bad, it's not your decision. I thought it looked cool to see a promising new IP come from a respected dev with a really interesting teaser. So I posted it.

End of discussion.

Reactions: ProtoKun7

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is this really so important that it needs to be on the home page?
Yes, and especially because it's from the very good folks at CD Projekt!

I can't wait for Witcher 3 honestly, very glad to see they are working on it. Hopefully 2014, hopefully same trend as with Witcher 1 & 2!
Seeing they announce new projects, I guess they have some good financial results if we see such new titles announced. 2015 though, such a long time for that Cyberpunk game.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks cool. I never heard of this particular game franchise before, but the fact that it's an RPG gets my attention right away. Tried watching the video in HD on YouTube but it was jerky no matter what the resolution was. On GBATemp HD looks very much not HD on my computer, not really sure why.

Hory Sheet Batman, my cyberpunk-loving heart just had a nerdgasm - this looks incredibly appealing. Hunting rouge androids may be a tried-and-true concept that's been used a hundred times already, but hell, it never gets boring... plus, it's CD Project - it's close to my heart as it is.
Rouge androids aren't so bad. It's the rogue ones you have to worry about ;)

Reactions: chyyran

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Imagine that. Leo is still active on site.