Hacking CD player broke on 360, What are my options of hacking?

skiptpawa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i got an old 360 (Falcon motherboard version) and the cd player as giving problems for a long time.
I decided to hack it so i can play copyed games, what are my options cince the cdplayer does not work?

ps: the all console works just fine exept the cd player --' and... i got all the latest updates... :/

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can always change out the DVD drive (it's not a CD player) for a new one.

Or you could install an Xkey (which is more expensive but it does takes advantage of an external HDD.

Anyway you'll need to dump your DVD keys so you'll need an X360 USBPro v2 and Jungleflasher to do that.
Flash the DVD keys back to the new DVD drive (or place them on the microSD of the Xkey) and reassemble everything.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can also Reset Glitch Hack the console, to boot unsigned software and boot without a dvd drive attached

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need the x360 USBPro unless you only have a laptop to work with. If you have a desktop with SATA, you can just run a cable from 360 drive to PC and use 360 as power. This will allow you to get your drive key and either A) replace the drive with a working drive, patching in hacked firmware and your old drive key, or B) like stated above use the drive key with the Xkey.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can also Reset Glitch Hack the console, to boot unsigned software and boot without a dvd drive attached

Only possible with the DGX for Phat which isn't released right now.
If it was released, he'll lose XBLive access if he kept it in RGH mode.

how does he do this when he has stated hes on the latest updates?
i believe you had to be on a lower kernel to RGH a console

That's only valid for Phatty boxes atm.

DGX 1.0 for Phat is coming soon.

You don't need the x360 USBPro unless you only have a laptop to work with. If you have a desktop with SATA, you can just run a cable from 360 drive to PC and use 360 as power. This will allow you to get your drive key and either A) replace the drive with a working drive, patching in hacked firmware and your old drive key, or B) like stated above use the drive key with the Xkey.

That's not recommended.
A lot of things can go wrong, and if they do go wrong they go wrong badly.

Best is to just fork out some cash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1