SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
https://events.ccc.d...Console_Hacking

Site is down at time of writing it starts today but I can't find when they will be doing the talk.

Hopefuly will be up soon if anyone has streaming links and info to when they will be doing the talk please do let us know, thanks.

What exactly is this all about?
CCC is an annual hacking conference. This particular talk is presumably about hacking video game consoles. Last year, fail0verflow had a talk about the PS3's terrible security, which essentially started the PS3 homebrew "scene". (There was already PSJailbreak, but the fail0verflow stuff was so much bigger). This year, who knows? I think I remember reading last year that if there was time at the fail0verflow talk, they were going to talk about the DSi a bit, but they didn't have time. Perhaps they had something then that could be useful for the 3DS and they'll talk about that?

EDIT: Looks like they'll be talking about DSi, Xbox 360, Wii and iDevices. Seems they'll be talking about the twiizer attack, wiimote extensions (e.g. nunchuck etc.), Sony's random number fail.

michael18

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so its event with all video games hackers over the world?and now they are talking about how to hack 3ds?lol iu am confusd

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
https://events.ccc.d...Console_Hacking

Site is down at time of writing it starts today but I can't find when they will be doing the talk.

Hopefuly will be up soon if anyone has streaming links and info to when they will be doing the talk please do let us know, thanks.

What exactly is this all about?
CCC is an annual hacking conference. This particular talk is presumably about hacking video game consoles. Last year, fail0verflow had a talk about the PS3's terrible security, which essentially started the PS3 homebrew "scene". (There was already PSJailbreak, but the fail0verflow stuff was so much bigger). This year, who knows? I think I remember reading last year that if there was time at the fail0verflow talk, they were going to talk about the DSi a bit, but they didn't have time. Perhaps they had something then that could be useful for the 3DS and they'll talk about that?
It was probably SudokuHax they were alluding to as they released it the next month (Jan '11).

Here's hoping they still have some 3DS news, though. :)

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Article said:
We've pretty much conquered the Wii since last year and are currently looking on to the Nintendo DSi and the 3DS

well, thats certainly good news that we have confirmation that these guys are at least looking at the 3ds. even if they don't have anything immediately, i'm sure they will come up with something. that is quite the impressive list of hackers on that page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water