Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SpaceJump said:
Any chance for a GeeXBox channel?

I don't know how many times I said that the GeexBox doesn't work as a channel right now!

I tried it a lot of times, with a lot of different settings and things, but I only get a code error always. So I think that is not possible to make one.

If it's possible then me or other channel creators would do it!

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
callmebob said:
@ Arm the Homeless,

Just not true. I have my Wii set to PAL region, but if I want to play NTSC (especially GC) games I switch the video mode to NTSC. Want to play PAL games again, use Starfall to switch the video mode back to PAL. Just the video modes, region stays as is. Perfect. Nothing works better.

So as you can see, at least one person, uses it regularly, all the time. I highly suggest it for anyone having similar problems. Just make sure your t.v. supports multi.

Back on topic, I second the Starfall channel suggestion, but I just don´t have a banner!
Wouldn't a MenuLoader channel be safer for your needs? It sure beats patching/re-patching/patching your Wii all the time.

Cyber-T

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
UPDATE!

GeckoOS V.1.07 with Rebooter

ChangeLog
Gecko OS 1.07 Â Nuke / Kenobi
-------------------------------

Whats New:

1. USB Gecko Rebooter with Master hook!
2. Universal System Menu rebooter options!

WiiEngine V.1.04

ChangeLog
Version 1.4 (the new)
--------------------
- Added ADPC support and some emulated BIOS CD functions
- Savestate upgraded

Version 1.2
-----------
- Added one option to exit to the loader from the ROM selector screen (Press MINUS and confirm)

- Now you can use MINUS button as SELECT button (remember you also can use PLUS button for the same function)
- Added one option to swap RUN and SELECT buttons (CONFIGURATION menu)
- Nunchuck is supported now: Use the stick, A -> I , B -> II, PLUS & MINUS -> SELECT, 1 -> RUN (remember you can swap RUN & SELECT from CONFIGURATION)
- Some games as Street Fighter 2 or Strip Fighter works now without graphics corruption.
- Some sound problems corrected

The new Versions can be found at the first post!

Cyber-T

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
UPDATE

GeckoOS V1.07a

ChangeLog
Gecko OS 1.07a
--------------

Whats New:

Added:

1. Added a new No Copy Flag code patch, now removes all types of save game to SD copy protection, so now works with games such as GH3 and Virtual console game saves with save states etc. (Patch by Kenobi & Brkirch)
2. Can move DVD channel! (Patch by Pizzaboy)

new in 1.07

3. USB Gecko Rebooter with Master hook!
7. Universal System Menu rebooter options!

What is Rebooter?

This is pure USB Gecko awesomeness, What this does is reboots the console but with a 'Master Hook' enabled. Which means you can use WiiRD just about anywhere, including the system menu itself for remote debugging, downloading, testing patches or in any games.

If you are a cheat code hacker, master hook will stay alive when your game is loaded so you can remote debug any game that wasn't possible with GeckoOS normal loader. We have even created a silent loader which will also boot all Multi DOL games like Red Steal and house of the dead 2/3 which was not possible before!.

Exta Rebooter Options: (Can be used even if no USB Gecko)

1. Boot into Recovery Diagnostics mode (Boots Nintendo Diagnostic DVD's)
2. Boot all Import Games (Wii & Gamecube) (no modchip required!) As an added bonus our patch detects the game inserted and will patch the correct TV mode. All DVD update checks will be removed when this is selected.
3. Skip Button check - Just skips the A button check.
4. No Copy flag. With this enabled, you can now copy your protected Wii save games (SSBB etc) to SD card in the system menu as you would any other save!

As an added bonus for None USB Gecko users i've added ocarina to work with rebooter. Just make sure its enabled in the 'config' menu like before

Rebooter uses progressive scan patching so will work on all regions and versions System Menu 3.2 and 3.3

Some Gargon:
-----------

All patches, multi dol loader, rebooter and game detection / TV Mode stub is all original code written by myself (Nuke) and kenobi in pure PPC asm, the USB Gecko master hook is the same USB Gecko server used in GeckoOS, so WiiRD, Cheats etc work with rebooter without modifications.

No IOS or other NAND hacks are used in the program

For developers - Our detection code and stub is locatated at 81700000 with the server at 80001800 which will be activated when a Game is inserted and Game ID read, TV Mode is switched in this code also. The Multi DOl loader is at 80001000 and this patches the menu to keep Hooks alive when Game Dol's are reloaded, i.e main.dol is overwritten by redsteel.dol etc.

The system menu is located in memory at 0x81330000, you can dump this in WiiRD.

One final note, I noticed sometimes the patches are not fully wiped from memory even when hard reset, if this happens just eject the game and power off for a few minutes.

As usual for support visit www.usbgecko.com/forums

Disclaimer.

Rebooter doesn't patch anything in the NAND, and is tested very safe. However as you have full control with USB Gecko over the system menu and have full root privileges, please only upload and poke around with the system menu if you know what you are doing. We are not responsible if you cause your console to brick.

Some Greets:
-----------

Big greets to - kenobi, Link, XT5, Y.S, Foxx, James0x57, SMK, Bushing, Dhewg, Marcan, Segher, svpe, tmbic, Costis.

Downloads at the first post!

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say I just love the new design for the gecko-os/ocarina channel. I have to say the new image doesn't make me think I'm watching a geico commercial. I almost wish one of these channel topics were stickied. I looked all throughout to find this one for the gecko-os channel.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to the official GeexBox Wii forum version 0.1alpha3 was released yesterday.

CBT, can you try to insert this new version into a channel to see if it works? Thanks
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heres a wad for SNES 9X GX 004.

because for some apparent reason, 005 and 006 just give a black screen on load.

im pretty sure im not the only one in the world with this problem so heres the 004 wad.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/137537059/Snes9x_GX_004.rar.html
password : 4gulli

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to install the GeckoOS Wad? The last time I tried I bricked my Wii and had to send it in XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end