JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a dying bluetooth /wifi module, who knows. I've read a broken wifi module will make the system turn on regardless, unlike bluetooth module.

The real question is:

would you invest more money on in?
cBoot2 wouldn't load if it was the wifi module, I just worked on a case with that a few weeks ago.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
That's not true. The app has to be programmed to not use an IOS. Comex NAND Formatter and the bootmini installer are the only things I'm aware of that will load through bootmii.
The bootmini hackmii installer still requires there to be at least 2 IOS's installed in the nand for it to work. I've tried it with just IOS58 before and it either just halted at the scam screen or would not load at all. I've also tried it with just IOS36, IOS61 and etc.. and it would not work. Just an FYI.

cBoot2 wouldn't load if it was the wifi module, I just worked on a case with that a few weeks ago.
I dont see why not. Every other homebrew and official software will still work with the wifi completely removed..... well I haven't fully tested it to all extents with games and every single piece of homebrew, but I haven't had anything not work just because the wifi module was removed.

I'll have to take some time and do more testing with it.

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
That's not true. The app has to be programmed to not use an IOS. Comex NAND Formatter and the bootmini installer are the only things I'm aware of that will load through bootmii.
The bootmini hackmii installer still requires there to be at least 2 IOS's installed in the nand for it to work. I've tried it with just IOS58 before and it either just halted at the scam screen or would not load at all. I've also tried it with just IOS36, IOS61 and etc.. and it would not work. Just an FYI.
That makes sense as it would need something for the installer and HBC to use.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
shit man , i been checking shipping prices , essentially more than the damn things worth , i could buy another console 2nd for similar prices to parcel deliveries to the US , can i remove a certain pcb etc ? or dya need all of the brick!

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
shit man , i been checking shipping prices , essentially more than the damn things worth , i could buy another console 2nd for similar prices to parcel deliveries to the US , can i remove a certain pcb etc ? or dya need all of the brick!
Oops, I thought you were from the US. I'll ask Bad_Ad84 because he lives in GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning