Hacking cboot2

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ok i have ran the bat file with modmii and grabbed the IOS's etc . i will persevere trying to somehow sync until the gamecube pad turns up from amazon , could do with one anyways for the other wii. So for now i guess i'm on hold. Will get back with the results of installing the files once i get the pad. Thanks

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
To clarify : is the gamecube controller essentially the same as the clasic controller for the wii , meaning can i get either of these to assist in using BLIND etc.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
To clarify : is the gamecube controller essentially the same as the clasic controller for the wii , meaning can i get either of these to assist in using BLIND etc.
Well it would be except you can't sync your Wii remotes, which the CC depends on.

Btw, I'll go ahead and send you a new version of BLIND with the menu bug fixed. Check your inbox.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thanks for revision that works fine now also with gamecube controller FYI.

Ok i have loaded in all the wads from the batch file you sent , kinda pre empting the next step i did try to run HBC again , it didnt load (black screen) , im really concious of making a wrong move , Wii also doesnt boot to Wii menu either...

I have also invested in a large hammer for when the moment comes to smash the F*@[member='Kin']' thing to bits :)

what dya think ?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for revision that works fine now also with gamecube controller FYI.

Ok i have loaded in all the wads from the batch file you sent , kinda pre empting the next step i did try to run HBC again , it didnt load (black screen) , im really concious of making a wrong move , Wii also doesnt boot to Wii menu either...

I have also invested in a large hammer for when the moment comes to smash the F*@[member='Kin']' thing to bits :)

what dya think ?
Wait, your controllers sync now?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
joostin m8 , read up bud ... i did this. As far as a corrupt NAND goes is this time to use my hammer ?

I cancelled the amazon order , found a whole gamecube system for £15 , second hand.. figured what the hell buy that..

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
joostin m8 , read up bud ... i did this. As far as a corrupt NAND goes is this time to use my hammer ?

I cancelled the amazon order , found a whole gamecube system for £15 , second hand.. figured what the hell buy that..
You said "loaded in" so I wasn't sure if you meant you put them on your SD card, or if you installed them.

Go ahead and make a new NAND backup with bootmii (you'll have to use the bootmii files that worked), then we can make a fresh NAND using pune's tool. It will map around the bad blocks (which are noted in the backup). Once it's created, restore the nand with bootmii.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
sounds ominous , is the a dump of varying bootmii files anywhere , the bootmii that worked originally were from Modmii now that seems to fail. I guess its sounding like if i dont get bootmii up and running im screwed.. ok ill have to play ..

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ok this is beginning to irritate lots , i have tried endless bootmii files from all different sources , i dont get black screen or anything no AV output at all to the TV . When the Wii boots the drive light flashes twice quickly telling me i have Bootmii installed but can i get it to load? can i fluck ! . I can load all versions off cboot2 all day long , BLIND , MMM etc can load wads etc , WAD manager , DOPmii blah blah , but no frikken BOOTMii !!!! arghh.. im probably up to 95% on the "give up and smash the thing to bits" scale . Is there any other possible solutions to accessing bootmii at all , before i demonstate the wii's ability to bio-degrade. ?

I have to say i have a SD card here with everything on it ready to ModMii my virgin wii but god im reluctant after this . At what point along the road of modding the new wii will i hit the point of no return ?

:)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
ok i tried this , basically it writes a simple ini i could edit the ini manually but i used the app .. i created all 4 different video formats , with different boot types and delays . Nothing!

Im assuming theres no other method of NAND backup .

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
okies thanx fella !

Edit : the only thing that bugs me is that i have had bootmii up and running probably half a dozen times at the outset of this , and since then i have tried all these things and now it dont load , kinda suggests something i have tried has somehow stopped bootmii loading , is this possible ?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Maybe a dying bluetooth /wifi module, who knows. I've read a broken wifi module will make the system turn on regardless, unlike bluetooth module.

The real question is:

would you invest more money on in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2