Hacking cboot2

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
was around that i guess, should i keep trying ? or not?

Edit : ok inbetween attemps to get BLIND loaded i now cannot load HBC its either a black screen or some sort of code Dump across the screen , its really frustrating feels like one step forward two steps back lol. But progress is progress and i feel im much further on than this morning.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
was around that i guess, should i keep trying ? or not?

Edit : ok inbetween attemps to get BLIND loaded i now cannot load HBC its either a black screen or some sort of code Dump across the screen , its really frustrating feels like one step forward two steps back lol. But progress is progress and i feel im much further on than this morning.
Download 4.2E, install that, then load the HBC and try the installer.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
The first time i got the H&S screen but without the option to "Press A" then everytime after that just black screen. Seems to me (the layman) that theres other files missing/corrupt , but i am not familiar at all with what that should be , im kinda reliant on these guys having the experience and knowledge to progress this.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why don't you try downloading a fresh install of 4.2e (or 4.3e) for that matter including all IOS files and system menu wads. that would be my first step. just do not update boot2 as you will lose access to bootmii. all the wads you get from modmii, barring the patched system menu ios files, will be officially signed so you can install them with any IOS and it should work fine.

from there it should boot the system menu and you can rehack or do what you please. if it doesn't boot back to the system menu, the Wii may be a paperweight.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
well , im blind at whats the best solution and if its just a matter of re-installing those files i would be surprised as to why it hadnt already been mentioned and also i wouldnt know what the correct bunch of files are. But having received a few different scenarios of solutions and am not sure of which is the best way i can really only follow one procedure at a time or im sure i would make matters worse . But i am always open to suggestions should the steps i am currently taking fail. Thanks.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
We already tried this , with no success .

Current status : can load BLIND . From there we loaded wads 58 and 70 no problem. Have occasionally gained access to HBC and from there have tried to load the hackmii installer , there the screen goes black , have left it in that state for a good 5-10 mins with no sucess , generally then any further attempts to access HBC result in a black screen. It seems it being powered down overnight allowed me to gain access to HBC again but im sure thats not the case.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK that's bad... I suppose it's some NAND issue. You could check out comex nand formatter, but some other person should say something about this idea first.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ah ffs , kids used the wiimotes on other wii and i cannot now sync them to the brick , god knows how i managed to do this yesterday. wtf
If they synced them to the other Wii, then you just hold the sync button on both your Wii and the Wii Remotes at the same time.

If they used the 1+2 method, then you don't have to do anything at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM