Hacking cboot2

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
In an attempt to rescue my wii from impending doom . This is my attempt to run cboot2 . and the resulting screen output . could someone explain the extent of the PANIC!! required lol....and seriously what can i do to help this wii survive.

cboot2 DOL loader v16

IOS Version 36 v16 0x00240010
IOS Successfully loaded.
s_dio_Startup() rv = 1
DIRECTORY LIST
------------------------
[*] APPS
[*] BOOTMII
[*] WAD
BOOT.DOL size:467808 date:2010/5/13 time :13:2:0
BOOT.ELF size:335227 date:2009/10/3 time 9:27;36
STARTUP.ELF size:222656 date:2009/5/22 time: 12:19:28
00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ...................................
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 24 40 ..............................$@
Read 467808 bytes.
Starting DOL.
Exception 0x00000700 occured at 0x819f1794 LR 0x800116e0.
Exception Type: Program
Can't Handle Exception
PANIC!!!

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
im not sure but the file i unzipped was called cboot2_MMM.zip and the app folder within the APP directory is hackmii_installer_v0.8. What should it be , i have been advised to run cboot2 as i didnt have HBC in BOOTMII and bootmii wouldnt run any files.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Use the bootmii files from ModMii, and download http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzazacm15aad28
Rename "bootmii NTSC.ini" to "bootmii.ini" and try loading Bootmii from your SD card. If that doesn't work, repeat the process in the following order:
bootmii PAL60.ini
bootmii PAL50.ini
bootmii PROGRESSIVE.ini

One of those should show you bootmii.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
to cut a long story short the wii was modded around the twilight hack era , then really only since the other post started have i tired anything , at the start of the previous post i had access to bootmii , HBC didnt work but the rest did , i managed from there to see what i was curently running namely 4.2e , i ran modmii for 4.2e but nothing happened at pretty much stage one which is run the miniboot.elf so xflak suggested running modmii again using the hackmii solutions which also didnt seem to work , i couldnt run any files from the sd menu of bootmii , so someone suggested cboot2, and here we are.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
to cut a long story short the wii was modded around the twilight hack era , then really only since the other post started have i tired anything , at the start of the previous post i had access to bootmii , HBC didnt work but the rest did , i managed from there to see what i was curently running namely 4.2e , i ran modmii for 4.2e but nothing happened at pretty much stage one which is run the miniboot.elf so xflak suggested running modmii again using the hackmii solutions which also didnt seem to work , i couldnt run any files from the sd menu of bootmii , so someone suggested cboot2, and here we are.
Oh, do you have your original bootmii files from before you tried cboot2?

I'm sending you the latest beta of BLIND. Extract it to your SD card and see if it will load when you turn on your Wii.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

I've read your user name somewhere else...

Well, you're kinda saved! =P Cboot2 uses ios36 to load apps to memory.

Just grab the same cboot2_MMM.zip, unzip on the root SD card, then replace boot.dol with any recovery app like dop-mii (latest if possible) or hackmii installer 1.0.8 dol installer. (ps: rename the app to boot.dol or it'll fail to load, and USE IOS36 to install things for now. cios236 installer would help you here too, when you have access to HBC)

Since you have a boot1 bugged wii, just grab http://www.mediafire...8535y3069733r9k (bootmii boot2 files), erase your SD card, put them in root directory. Grab hackmii installer 1.0.8 elf, rename it to boot.elf, run bootmii mini screen on Wii, choose the SD icon from bootmii, and run boot.elf in root of SD card. The hackmii installer should pop-up, reinstall bootmii as ios, boot2 AND Homebrew Channel. Then click exit.

You should be on HBC now =)

Grab priiloader (just for now, to skip the bootmii process) install it, and do what you'd like to do.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Just grab the same cboot2_MMM.zip, unzip on the root SD card, then replace boot.dol with any recovery app like dop-mii (latest if possible) or hackmii installer 1.0.8 dol installer. (ps: rename the app to boot.dol or it'll fail to load)

Since you have a boot1 bugged wii, just grab http://www.mediafire...8535y3069733r9k (bootmii boot2 files), erase your SD card, put them in root directory. Grab hackmii installer 1.0.8 elf, rename it to boot.elf, run bootmii mini screen on Wii, choose the SD icon from bootmii, and run boot.elf in root of SD card. The hackmii installer should pop-up, reinstall bootmii as ios, boot2 AND Homebrew Channel. Then click exit.

Grab priiloader (just for now, to skip the bootmii process) install it, and do what you'd like to do.
Dop-Mii reloads the IOS so it won't work. The hackmii installer is an elf file so he can't run it from cboot2. bootmini.elf won't run from the SD menu, and he can no longer access bootmii for some reason.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Just grab the same cboot2_MMM.zip, unzip on the root SD card, then replace boot.dol with any recovery app like dop-mii (latest if possible) or hackmii installer 1.0.8 dol installer. (ps: rename the app to boot.dol or it'll fail to load)

Dop-Mii reloads the IOS so it won't work. The hackmii installer is an elf file so he can't run it from cboot2. bootmini.elf won't run from the SD menu, and he can no longer access bootmii for some reason.

Dop-mii will work because it'll stick with the same IOS36 cboot2 used to access the card. The hackmii installer varies in 2 flavors. pure ppc machine executable (boot.elf) and dolphin app (boot.dol)

HBC runs dols, while bootmii (while in mini) runs elf.

edit: also, cboot2 returns an error when an ios36 is non exploitable/not available

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Dop-mii will work because it'll stick with the same IOS36 cboot2 used to access the card. The hackmii installer varies in 2 flavors. pure ppc machine executable (boot.elf) and dolphin app (boot.dol)

edit: also, cboot2 returns an error when an ios36 is non exploitable/not available
Dop-Mii still forces a reload.

He can't run bootmii/cboot2/HBC, so I don't see how you expect him to run the installer.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Dop-Mii still forces a reload.

He can't run bootmii/cboot2/HBC, so I don't see how you expect him to run the installer.

He can lol, if he couldn't, why is he able to load cboot2? XD

Dop-mii will work because it'll stick with the same IOS36 cboot2 used to access the card. The hackmii installer varies in 2 flavors. pure ppc machine executable (boot.elf) and dolphin app

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It stopped working for some reason (cboot2 never loaded boot.dol). Check the previous posts. Even back when it worked, bootmii wouldn't load bootmini.elf.

Anyway, let's just wait and see if the latest BLIND works. I've added a few things to the beta to improve compatibility with cboot2.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It stopped working for some reason (cboot2 never loaded boot.dol). Check the previous posts. Even back when it worked, bootmii wouldn't load bootmini.elf.

Anyway, let's just wait and see if the latest BLIND works. I've added a few things to the beta to improve compatibility with cboot2.

I own a cboot2 version which will load any dol compatible with IOS36, tested by myself. Also, because i've been in this kind of situation before, if you only have a boot1 bugged wii (blank NAND too), load bootmii as boot2, use the bootmii files I posted before, once you get the bootmii screen (mini) run boot.elf (from hackmii installer 1.0.8). Sometimes it fails to reload, but it sure works.

When you're done reinstalling bootmii as ios, boot2 and HBC, you simply quit through the same hackmii installer, and it should bring you back to HBC.

--

IOS Version 36 v16 0x00240010
IOS Successfully loaded.
s_dio_Startup() rv = 1
DIRECTORY LIST
------------------------
[*] APPS
[*] BOOTMII
[*] WAD
BOOT.DOL size:467808 date:2010/5/13 time :13:2:0
BOOT.ELF size:335227 date:2009/10/3 time 9:27;36
STARTUP.ELF size:222656 date:2009/5/22 time: 12:19:28
00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ...................................
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 24 40 ..............................$@
Read 467808 bytes.
Starting DOL.
Exception 0x00000700 occured at 0x819f1794 LR 0x800116e0.
Exception Type: Program
Can't Handle Exception
PANIC!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The bundled boot.dol gave an exception

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night