Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How i test haxchi?
The console reboots after installing Haxchi or CBHC; just try to open the DS game (which will have been replaced by a custom icon, if you downloaded the Haxchi/CBHC installer from github and not the on-console homebrew appstore)

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
The console reboots after installing Haxchi or CBHC; just try to open the DS game (which will have been replaced by a custom icon, if you downloaded the Haxchi/CBHC installer from github and not the on-console homebrew appstore)

Okay, my game is Kirby mass attack; i need both installers (cbhc and haxchi)? or just the cbhc?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u'll want both. haxchi will be to test the game. also, make sure ur not running any cfw at the time or that could shoot a false positive.

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I think the original haxchi installer boots the homebrew channel by default, so just click on the game to open it. u won't need the gamepad unless u use other buttons btw. see if the homebrew channel opens up from there.

Okay, thanks, I'm doing it right now, one sec please...

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I think u need to hold it. it can be with any controller as well. just hold it while the console is booting up.

Yes, im holding the home button but the menu doesnt appear...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, im holding the home button but the menu doesnt appear...

Only appear some letters saying autobooting...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it should be right then that u hold or press the button. it's been a while since I've done it, so maybe I'm remembering wrong. I'm pretty sure it's the home button though.

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
it should be right then that u hold or press the button. it's been a while since I've done it, so maybe I'm remembering wrong. I'm pretty sure it's the home button though.

Yes it was that: u have to press the button right at the moment that the word autobooting appears, anyways, now everything is perfect (no more fw.img loading... YAY!) thank you so much bud.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no problem. I've been using cbhc for several months, and I've never found a need to go back into the menu, but it's there if u need it. there's also a cbhc mod that has more options, but it's not really needed unless u want to say get into ftpii everywhere at boot.

spotfek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Weird thing occurred, I have cbhc installed and working fine for ages, I decided to run wuphax to get homebrew channel on vWii and this worked fine etc, but I have now noticed that since doing so my Haxchi (Dont touch) icon has gone, it has been replaced with mii maker and it runs the WiiU mii maker, the cbhc still works and on boot says it is running on the DS game etc and I can press home and get the cbhc menu etc, but I no longer can run it from the main screen and have to reboot if I want to run homebrew launcher etc.

Anyone seen this before? Wondering what the best way to recover from this is and get the Haxchi icon back?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my advice is to uninstall, then reinstall. I think homebrew would use an exploit with mii maker to run. that's y if u try loadiine, for example, then exit out, u can get back to the homebrew launcher through mii maker. I've personally never heard of this issue though. I never used wuphax to install the homebrew channel. I used smash stack to install it on my system, and this was way before cbhc.

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I installed haxchi and cbhc, the system starts fine and i can play my backups normally but when i enter the haxchi chanel to open the hbl i gt a black screen...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install a forwarder channel. I've never tried opening haxchi while in cbhc, but I know the config.txt will no longer work after switching. u can find a forwarder on these forums somewhere. install with wup installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm