Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

D

Deleted User

No it doesnt the only way to restore NAnD is via hardware right now.

That's because if you fuck up your NAND you're not going to be able to turn your console on to restore it.

Any solution to get around this would more then likely always require hardmod.

Not to mention on coldboot it would make the situation even worse then it was, if you turned it on with a fucked NAND that can't read it.

Last edited by ,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because if you fuck up your NAND you're not going to be able to turn your console on to restore it.

Any solution to get around this would more then likely always require hardmod.

Not to mention on coldboot it would make the situation even worse then it was, if you turned it on with a fucked NAND that can't read it.

That's not how it works in Wii, or Switch. So yeah. There's got to be a way to do it before the whole system boots.

D

Deleted User

That's not how it works in Wii, or Switch. So yeah. There's got to be a way to do it before the whole system boots.

Assuming issues are not at the point where you cannot safely turn on your Wii U without CB failing to load and bricking the console as a result.

I can't claim to know how fw.img's work but if we can load Linux through it, I don't see why we could not get a recovery tool, but it would require a means of uninstalling CB before performing the restore.

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
fw.img are loaded from a fw loader, or haxchi, or cbhc (not sure if it can load the browser at boot, which could load hbl, and firmware loader).
so you need a way to boot into the system menu first to be able to restore with software if it's system bricked.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
I have heard about lots of bricks because of incorrect use of cbhc.
Have anyone wonder if it is possible to "hide" the DS game icon where cbhc is installed, so no one will try to move or delete it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have anyone wonder if it is possible to "hide" the DS game icon where cbhc is installed, so no one will try to move or delete it?

never heard of that. you can place cbhc in a folder off to the side. however, I believe apps are listed in date created order with newest being first (just like with the 3ds), so even if you were to do that, it wouldn't affect its order in data management.

afaik, the only way to brick with cbhc is to format/system restore or delete the account its associated with. I don't believe it will allow you to delete it anymore.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I mean the ability to hide cbhc on the screen. games on the wii u are indexed, so trying to hide the game might cause the game not to boot. the wii u is far more sensitive to this than say the ps3, which also uses an indexer. even if something is wrong with the icon on the wii u, the game would not boot and it would likely cause a brick.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
All user errors ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Read this paper ;)

Yes, I know... but maybe we can improve cbhc...
Maybe there's some way of hiding a channel from the main menu without deleting it.
The WiiU have system titles that does not create an icon on the menu.
Maybe we can give cbhc DS game the same hidden "attributes".

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I know... but maybe we can improve cbhc...
Maybe there's some way of hiding a channel from the main menu without deleting it.
The WiiU have system titles that does not create an icon on the menu.
Maybe we can make cbhc DS game with the same "attributes".
I'm not sure if that works. But if an application (which is not used anyway, because it's useless) would have exploited a mistake, that would certainly have been possible. However, since this does not seem to be the case, Haxchi is the only option for NDS games. However, I see no problems with the use of Haxchi or CBHC. Just move the icon to a folder and leave it there. If kids are on the console, set up Pin for Data Management

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never heard of that. you can place cbhc in a folder off to the side. however, I believe apps are listed in date created order with newest being first (just like with the 3ds), so even if you were to do that, it wouldn't affect its order in data management.

afaik, the only way to brick with cbhc is to format/system restore or delete the account its associated with. I don't believe it will allow you to delete it anymore.
It won't allow you to delete it. I've tested myself. iirc it just restarts the console leaving it intact

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
99% of the bricks is people installing cbhc over a fake ds VC title, newest cbhc doesnt let you delete it or move to usb or from nand, moving it on the home menu if it doesnt go from nand to usb doesnt do any harm, moving from nand to usb does but that is blocked also.

So there is only two ways to brick once cbhc is installed and working, formating system menu and unlinking you nnid from your wiiu.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
there was a time, after a system update, my DS game stopped working because an issue with the linking account.
I was so lucky I had only haxchi... and not cbhc.

I think we should find another way of running it... also because when the WiiU store is closed we will not be able to buy a DS game.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was a time, after a system update, my DS game stopped working because an issue with the linking account.
I was so lucky I had only haxchi... and not cbhc.

I think we should find another way of running it... also because when the WiiU store is closed we will not be able to buy a DS game.
Mocha will always work with the web browser. In addition, the boot1 exploit outlined here could lead to a CBHC-style exploit that doesn't require a DS game.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks, I didn't knew about that new exploit. I will study it.

let me ask, could it be possible to boot a non-legit DS title with a legit ticket but for another title? by changing the title ID or something...
I don't know how the tickets are tied to their titles...

What I mean is, could we replace a system app (like health&safety) for a non legit DS game with haxchi?
we need to tie the system app ticket to the DS game. maybe changing the DS game's title ID

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me ask, could it be possible to boot a non-legit DS title with a legit ticket but for another title? by changing the title ID or something...

What I mean is, could we replace a system app (like health&safety) for a non legit DS game with haxchi?
we need to tie the system app ticket to the DS game. maybe changing the DS game's title ID
No, that's not possible. Titles are digitally signed, and apps like Health&safety are not exploitable. Until someone implements the exploit I linked to above, there are only two ways to initially exploit the Wii U for CFW:
  1. The internet browser
  2. A legitimately purchased DS game
There's no way around that.

Last edited by Lacius,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks, I didn't knew about that new exploit. I will study it.

no you cant use another ticket ... and yes there are exploits but everyone deserted the wiiu long time ago so dont expect anyone working on wiiu boot exploits ever lol be lucky that haxchi and cbhc even exist, people who buy wiius after wiiu e shop closes it will rare lol, they might as well buy them hacked already or use bowser exploit.

never heard anyone have linking nnid issues lol once you link it that is it, the wiiu will be hardcoded to that and to unlink you need to go through settings and do it yourself with lots of steps involved, its not something you can do accidentaly at all.

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Please only connect or disconnect USB" blah blah blah when cbhc is installed and USB drive connected. Any solution? Everything is back to normal without cbhc installed.

Reactions: OzKenny1983

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello