Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by FIX94, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Profoundemonium

Profoundemonium Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I installed CBHC a few months ago and everything was working great, but after turning on the console today it will no longer autoboot. I can run the DS game from the menu, but have no idea why it stopped autobooting or how to fix it. I have checked that Autoboot is set to System Menu, but it doesn't work. :/

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You updated to 5.5.3?
    Just re-run the installer again (taking care to select the original DS game again if you later installed more)

3. Profoundemonium

Profoundemonium Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    That worked, thank you!

4. Peninsula

Peninsula GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2014
    United States
  5. Flump

Flump Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    comokepa, BIFFTAZ, Nomelas and 2 others like this.
  6. sp3off

sp3off One male shadow

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
  7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    @Flump, a way to autoboot into any vWii channel would be nice :)
    someone wanted to autoboot into USBLoaderGX forwarder https://gbatemp.net/threads/auto-boot-into-usb-loader-gx.519423/

maybe read a config file on SD (like hbl2hbc), so you don't have to recompile the cbhc sources every time to add a new channel ID.
    or simply add a "WiiU hbl2hbc" entry, and let it manage the autobooting to another channel?
    I guess it's already possible by using the custom.elf method.

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 29, 2018
  8. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    It would be nice if there was a little static graphic somewhere on the main menu to let us know if we're on real fw or haxchi cfw.

With all the freezing I experienced after mistakingly booting up homebrew on improper firmware, it's an inconvenience that both environments look exactly the same. Is there any other way of knowing which fw you're on without having to load up settings and checking the number?

Last edited by portugeek, Oct 1, 2018
  9. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    This is the CBHC thread. Basically you should always be in cfw when using CBHC, that's the point of CBHC

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    yeah like he said cbhc gets you cfw on boot every time, you cannot be without cfw basically if cbhc is installed and autoboot is set to sysmenu.

11. ixishortyliciousixi

ixishortyliciousixi Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2018
    United States

I have WiiU console, i had CBHC autobooting and it went to wii mode automactially. I try to go to WiiU mode from wii mode but went striaght back to wii mode. is there any way can be fix. im trying to figure it out. please help me thanks .

12. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Check the autoboot section of the OP. There are options, like home, for canceling autoboot.

13. PsychoticDust

PsychoticDust GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    England, UK
    Hi folks, I am using CBHC and I am trying to install a game, it's update and DLC via Wii U USB Helper. Whenever I use a WUP installer, I get the following message: "Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-Shop require Sig Patch"

I have looked around online to try and find the answer, from various forums, to YouTube videos and I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by PsychoticDust, Nov 21, 2018
  14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    probably a bad download, delete it and download it again.

15. PsychoticDust

Jan 10, 2010
    England, UK
    Thanks for the reply. I decided to do that a few minutes ago. I'll post the results.

16. PsychoticDust

Jan 10, 2010
    England, UK
    Thanks for the assist! It was a bad download and my console didn't like my HDD, so I switched to one with an adaptor. Thanks again! :-D

17. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Both Haxchi Installers give me a black screen. All other homebrew is working fine. I've reformated, tried different cards, and redonloaded files. Currently trying to uninstall cfw.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Alright so I backup up my sd again, copied to a new card and now I try to turn the system on and it says autobooting title then it loads the wii u a little bit then bam black screen with a -3. Kinda freaking out since I have to return this by in about 12 hours. Got it to load properly again. Still can't load CBHC or Haxchi though

Last edited by MythicalData, Nov 26, 2018
  18. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Is the game you installed cbhc over purchased from eshop?

19. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Yes I bought the usa spirit tracks version. I haven't had an issues up until now either :/

20. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    when you power on your wii u press home when you see the autobooting cfw on the screen, make sure to autoboot sysmenu