Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

D

Deleted User

got a bootloop when i exited a game, realized i had to enable sysnand.xml in mocha.
Use CBHC CFW, not Mocha.
Mocha adds additional boot time and can create bootloop problems... [Mocha CFW is useless when you have CBHC]

Choquette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do I change the buttons mapping? I'd like to boot the wii homebrew channel by pressing Y on startup. I don't know where to do that!

D

Deleted User

Installed CBHC just fine.
Although i had blackscreen for 2 minutes first time [Had to manually bring up CBHC Menu by pressing Home button] everything is fine now.

Now i need to install Homebrew Launcher Channel and i'm done with setting up my Wii U.
[Atleast those rumours about bricking weren't 100% true]

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all thanks to all people who made it possible to hack the WiiU! :bow:
I followed this guide and I even created a redNAND with Mocha CFW. Everything works great, except the long boot time :(

Now I read the first page and there is this part:
"For pretty much anyone the system menu setting (which uses the included CBHC CFW) is enough, on top of that using Mocha or fw.img for sysnand can lead to bootup problems and takes far longer to boot so please just dont do it, I dont know how often I can repeat that point anymore."

That's exactly my complaint. So I turned my Wii U on and changed the Autoboot Option to: System Menu
Now my WiiU boots very fast and I can play my WUP installed games.
But here is one big problem: All my games don't support any DLCs which worked on redNAND with Mocha CFW. But the statement on the first page stated clearly, that "the included CBHC CFW is enough for pretty much anyone".

What should I do now? :unsure:

Last edited by fenomeno0chris,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First of all thanks to all people who made it possible to hack the WiiU! :bow:
I followed this guide and I even created a redNAND with Mocha CFW. Everything works great, except the long boot time :(

Now I read the first page and there is this part:
"For pretty much anyone the system menu setting (which uses the included CBHC CFW) is enough, on top of that using Mocha or fw.img for sysnand can lead to bootup problems and takes far longer to boot so please just dont do it, I dont know how often I can repeat that point anymore."

That's exactly my complaint. So I turned my Wii U on and changed the Autoboot Option to: System Menu
Now my WiiU boots very fast and I can play my WUP installed games.
But here is one big problem: All my games don't support any DLCs which worked on redNAND with Mocha CFW. But the statement on the first page stated clearly, that "the included CBHC CFW is enough for pretty much anyone".

What should I do now? :unsure:
if you isntaled the dlc on rednand then it isnt on sysnand?

Reactions: fenomeno0chris

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@pedro702 Thank you for your fast answer!

I will try to install my DLCs on sysNAND (CBHC) later. Since I use an external hard-drive, I thought all DLCs and Games are stored there. :mellow:

EDIT:
Now it works perfectly!
I just had to install all DLCs again on CBHC - sysNAND.

Last edited by fenomeno0chris,
D

Deleted User

Um... I used HIDtoVPAD and mapped my keyboard as Wii U Pro Controller.
I keep getting Wii U lags & Gamepad desyncs in Taiko no Tatsujin.
My Wii U freezes for 5s after launching app.
Is this CBHC issue? It's pretty annoying.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Um... I used HIDtoVPAD and mapped my keyboard as Wii U Pro Controller.
I keep getting Wii U lags & Gamepad desyncs in Taiko no Tatsujin.
My Wii U freezes for 5s after launching app.
Is this CBHC issue? It's pretty annoying.
why would it be a cbhc issue? why isnt an hid to vpad issue? lol cbhc only patches the sigs and lets the console be region free that is it anything else isnt cbhc doing.

D

Deleted User

why would it be a cbhc issue? why isnt an hid to vpad issue? lol cbhc only patches the sigs and lets the console be region free that is it anything else isnt cbhc doing.
Yup, CBHC desyncs my Gamepad for some reason.
Wii U plugged to TV works like it should.
Aw man.

Last edited by ,

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I recently updated to 1.6 from a stable 1.5x and now experience frequent freezes on the CBHC menu or in System menu after some idle time.. I just formatted and installed a USB drive for the first time.. Can this affect things at all? Thanks!

D

Deleted User

Hi I recently updated to 1.6 from a stable 1.5x and now experience frequent freezes on the CBHC menu or in System menu after some idle time.. I just formatted and installed a USB drive for the first time.. Can this affect things at all? Thanks!
Nope. These freezes seem to pass after some time. [My Wii U finally stopped doing that after what, 2 weeks?]

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I am experiencing freezing almost every time where as never had with a previous version, is it possible to roll back? I cant understand what has happened otherwise.

note: it will now very often hang on the Wii U Menu splash right after the CBHC menu, other times I can get 15 minutes into a game. Odd?

Last edited by LuigiXL,

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I lost the sd card that had my setup on it (don't ask how) so I put the necessary files including the HBL .elf file and now whenever I try to enter the HBL I get a -4 error, any help?

EDIT: So I realized my SD card was NTFS instead of fat32, which is why it failed to mount.

Last edited by pokemoner2500,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1