Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by FIX94, Dec 10, 2016.

Dec 10, 2016
  1. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    VC game already in NAND, already have Haxchi set up, I just need to update it and then install CBHC. But what FW image do I load? I used one compiled from Fix94's guide (DImok), do I use that one? I load CFW first, then install Haxchi via the app? Not sure if CBHC is for me.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Dec 10, 2016

2. Reecey

Member Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

United Kingdom
    You need to compile Dimoks Coldboot fw.img from here and put it on the route of your sd card your using with cbhc> https://github.com/dimok789/iosuhax
    Type in CMD> make cfw-coldboot

3. FIX94
    OP

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    alright - CHBC is now in v1.1! the USB bug is now fixed, it was caused by the DS title disabling the USB check flag and since its never re-enabled and its the first title that launches it threw that error, now I manually re-enable that flag before launching the system menu which fixes it :D

4. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Yup, I used that one to install Haxchi initially, but I load CFW first, then update Haxchi, have the console reboot then CBHC? Ugh, IDK if I should risk it right now, IDK if I truly need this, part of me wants to, the other isn't sure. :P

5. Powerful

Member Powerful GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anyone know how to turn off auto boot? And also how do I update to v1.1 I just put 1.0 on, just want to be safe

6. Txustra

Member Txustra GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    All we have to do is overwrite the old one by installing this one?

7. Reecey

United Kingdom
    Its all a big risk tbh and I know how you feel, part of you just makes you want to do it and the sensible part is saying no cause if it goes wrong you would be really upset! I say if you feel confident do it, if you really not sure leave it.

the_randomizer likes this.
  8. FIX94
    OP

Germany
    So if you are on v1.0 and you want to be really safe, run the v1.0 installer first, uninstall coldboothax and after making sure your console boots fine again and all you can then install CBHC v1.1. Though in all honesty, it probably also is fine to just overwrite your current installation, I'm personally just trying to be 1000% safe about it when installing it :P

looseless, VinsCool, peteruk and 2 others like this.
  9. Reecey

United Kingdom
    There is nothing to overwrite, the fix is only on initial install without usb fitted. Whats different about v1.1 @FIX94?

Last edited by Reecey, Dec 10, 2016
  10. Powerful

Member Powerful GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay I ran the installer and uninstalled coldboot but when I reboot and luanch the app it's still in the auto boot, I need help disabling the auto boot. Also if you uninstall coldboot can you reinstall the old haxchi exploit for hbl?

11. ShadowOne333

Member ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    Okay got one question:
    • I'm using Hachi 1.7 (I think) with HBL 1.4. Do I have to update to the latest Haxchi version before attempting CBHC?

12. nikeymikey

Member nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

United Kingdom
    Im really tempted by this.... My 9 year old daughter has mastered holding down a when launching haxchi when she plays minecraft (for texture pack dlc). I know this would eliminate that whole process but the whole coldboothax brick thing scares me lol

13. Hadobedo

Newcomer Hadobedo Member

Canada
    Is it safe to use the HaxChi app after installing to launch HB? As long as I don't move it, its fine right?

14. Cylent1

Member Cylent1 Community Smart Ass!

United States
    The real question that should be asked but isn't is... WHY THE HELL CAN'T WE MOVE IT? AND WHAT CAUSES THIS?
    This sounds like a whole bunch of unstable and BRICKS!

15. sadpandajurrin

Newcomer sadpandajurrin Newbie

United States
    can we really not move the channel on the menu?

16. ShadowOne333

Mexico
    Easy.
    If you move the channel around the main menu, it should be good.
    BUT if you move it inside a folder or to USB, it doesn't work because it changes the directory in which the DS VC is stored, and haxchi/CBHC is not able to locate it anymore with the path it previously had.

17. Reecey

United Kingdom
    @FIX94 I have a slight issue can you help, after you have installed CBHC can you go back into Haxchi and install your original correct configuration file of choice cause I have noticed that running cbhc resets your config.txt so when you boot HBL in CFW-Coldboot it autos to the cbhc menu instead of your button configuration of choice. I didn't want to test it out in case I cannot get back into the cbhc menu on boot up. I was going to just put my original config.txt in cbhc and run it from there or yes just run Haxchi straight after it but I am worried about not getting into the chbc menu on bootup, it might take a way the original cbhc configuration and brick it somehow.

Last edited by Reecey, Dec 10, 2016
  18. ShadowOne333

Mexico
    Actually, @FIX94 could there be like some sort of path finder integrated into CBHC to avoid bricks by moving the DS VC title around?
    Like some sort of combination between 'locate' to find the current directory of the DS VC Haxchi title ID and 'echo >> config.txt' so that the path to said title ID is updated?

19. FIX94
    OP

Germany
    Just so you know, config.txt files are NOT used for this anymore, I only allow the options you can set in that menu and its all for safety, the autoboot option is saved within the save folder of that ds vc game. Also, there are no hardcoded paths in CBHC, its all gotten from the system so moving-related bricks probably happen because of the system not being able to properly locate files before even loading our payload. Overall this is all very generic so I cant do more than I already do.

zeldaism, KiiWii, looseless and 2 others like this.
  20. pietempgba

Member pietempgba Debug Tester

United States
    -snip-

Last edited by pietempgba, Dec 10, 2016