Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I do something wrong? I already had Haxchi installed. I downloaded CBHC and launched it in the Homebrew Channel, then installed it. Rebooted and the Haxachii icon still comes up in the main menu and whenever I click on it, it brings me to my CFW. But it isn't auto booting or giving me any boot options when I turn the system on.

I once got a boot menu to show up twice (not sure how) and both times, no matter what I selected (I once chose MochaCFW and the other time I chose vWii and both times it just hardlocked my console). Did I do something wrong? Should I just install Haxachi again?

it said "default title ID not set to system menu" when I installed it if that matters?

Last edited by Hammyface,

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@FIX94 is it possible to add vwii autoboot menu to several popular titles like CTGP channel, usb loader gx channel, wiixplorer channel, wiimc channel or a config about that?

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh so it only works with rednand and not sysnand
the recommended system menu option as he said boots sysnand without any double looping or anything and only takes a couple seconds longer compared to not doing coldboothax...
also I did make a video just demonstrating that not too long ago.

Last edited by FIX94,

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
I use Mario kart for cbhc/haxchi What if Mario kart updates?
Then it be best to have updates blocked by dns & you manually download all updates for your games (minus mario kart ds/cbhc) & install the updates with wupinstaller. Best being safe than sorry... I prefer doing it this way because I'm in full control of what gets installed to my wiiu.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 Am I the only one, or does hbl2hbc or CBHC's vWii Homebrew Channel option not work? When I load it, it reboots the system and shows the wii logo. Then it reboots back to Wii U mode. Is it because I installed Homebrew Channel 1.1.3, the newer one that you had to compile yourself and not included in hackmii installer, the one most people aren't using? Someone made a USB Loader GX version of hbl2hbc and that one works just fine.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that one isnt any "newer", just open-source; thats why I decided that option loads the official hackmii installer homebrew channel 1.1.2 (title id LULZ).

xenaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm having an issue where my hard drive isn't being read properly on boot. I get the following error "Please only connect or disconnect USB storage devices while the console is powered off." The system will then reboot and I'll continue this loop until I unplug the Wii U. Anyone know what's causing that?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally took the leap as it looks pretty damn stable now - @FIX94 this is truly impressive and i am appreciative of you doing this for all of us.

i found one issue after installing cbhc 1.6.

i installed and everything worked fine. i went to my internet settings and changed my DNS as i have it set up locally now to block updates. it worked ok the first 2-3 times when i connected online to my exploit hosted site. i couldn't get wupinstaller to run so i thought i needed to run 5.5.1 kexploit but turns out i just needed to update wupinstaller. anyway wupinstaller worked fine after updating.

i noticed though that after i did the kernel exploit my internet would no longer connect on the wii u. i figured maybe its my router, but no dice, worked fine on my phone. the funny part is that the wii u won't even authenticate with the router. i uninstalled cbhc and it worked with no issues.

im going to try to install cbhc again and see if my wifi works again. is it possible that the kernel exploit jacked up cbhc patches somehow?? i don't know if this is a cbhc issue or the kernel exploit that is the problem. either way i now know that i shouldnt need the kernel exploit with cbhc :)

edit: re-installed, internet still good for the moment.

Last edited by VashTS,

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
all cbhc does when set to autoboot system menu is do the iosu exploit and do its patches, then boot the system menu, it only needs to do kernel exploit when launching things like hbl or mocha which isnt suggested as default setting anyways. Why would you need to do kernel exploit anyways?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all cbhc does when set to autoboot system menu is do the iosu exploit and do its patches, then boot the system menu, it only needs to do kernel exploit when launching things like hbl or mocha which isnt suggested as default setting anyways. Why would you need to do kernel exploit anyways?

wupinstaller y mod was failing to load with an MCP error. i was using an older version which worked fine with the kernel exploit from web browser. once updated, worked fine but i figured if i used the old process it would work - it didn't and for some reason it borked the internet connection.

i'm thinking the kernel exploit is what caused the issue, but only after haxchi is loaded first. but idk, all i know now is that my internet works again and cbhc working fine.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well who knows what was going wrong, the hbl channel and browser kernel exploits are different so you cant launch one after the other and who knows if it also messed with other things like internet; though I know from experience it can just happen that the wiiu internet wont properly work until you restart regardless of cbhc or not just with bad enough luck.
But its good to hear its all good now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things