Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I just got a new wifi board and soon I'll try to fix it :D

I hope you can, my friend. whenever a wii u has issues (especially if it gets bricked), I die a little inside. :P I'm playing vwii right now (my favorite game dkc returns and usb loader gx) with the gamepad screen showing the video as well. I love that! I can see it out of the corner of my eye, since it's a few feet away from the tv.

Reactions: stefanoteco

stefanoteco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Brazil
In the end the issue was not being able to sync the gamepad, and since there's no gamepad the CBHC could not start since it's like a DS virtual console.
I ended up switching the WIFI module, synched the gamepad and with that all started to work properly. Thank you all the appeared trying to help :D

KingSquidZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure if this thread is dead by now, but can I safely install the newest version of ColdBootHaxChi to Wii U 5.5.5E (I will obviously be installing it to a legit DS VC game on my NAND over an already installed HaxChi installation and will be removing USB devices)?

EDIT: My question was already answered in a Discord server. So for people who are looking for an answer to this question: Yes, CBHC does work with 5.5.5E.

Last edited by KingSquidZ,
Reactions: ca032769

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
You
I hate to necro-bump, but will there ever be some kind of .elf autoboot option that also allows for the sysnand CFW to be applied? e.g. so I can have Bloopair start on its own, so I can use my Dualshock, and also have the cfw to play out of region games.
Not an autoboot option, but you can use the channel. Works fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to necro-bump, but will there ever be some kind of .elf autoboot option that also allows for the sysnand CFW to be applied? e.g. so I can have Bloopair start on its own, so I can use my Dualshock, and also have the cfw to play out of region games.
you technically have two options that I can think of. you can rename the elf and folder to the homebrew_launcher, then autoboot the homebrew_launcher or you can try using the cbhc fork, which may be the better option. I've never used it, but I know there's an autoboot any elf function as well as many other autoboot selections than normal cbhc.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing this necro-bump is reminding me that CBHC was released exactly 5 years ago today. :toot: It was a neat idea, but it contributed to so many bricked Wii U, it's not even funny! As a community, would we have been better off if it had never been released, thus saving a bunch of consoles, but forcing people to click on their Haxchi icons when booting?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing this necro-bump is reminding me that CBHC was released exactly 5 years ago today. :toot: It was a neat idea, but it contributed to so many bricked Wii U, it's not even funny! As a community, would we have been better off if it had never been released, thus saving a bunch of consoles, but forcing people to click on their Haxchi icons when booting?
it's not so bad if you're careful. most of those bricks are user error. I've been using cbhc for years, and I've never had a problem, even uninstalled, reinstalled it several times to check things without it. I play my wii u daily. :D

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hell not i was the firt person to get cbhc i was fix94 tester and have it since day one, the reason people brick their consoles is bacause they want it to be free, it should be stated on any guide that cbhc cant be free, you have to pay for a ds original game on eshop.

99% of the bricks are dumb people that download a hacked ds title and then install cbhc on top off it.

Also i got it since day one and never had a single issue and i wouldn't trade it for anything.

you can brick any console if you dont follow the instructions correctly, dumb people shouldnt hack consoles if they dont know how to do it correctly in the first place.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
99% of the bricks are dumb people that download a hacked ds title and then install cbhc on top off it.
I agree with that statement. But...to call all the people "dumb" is a bit harsh imho. A few of them didn't knew it better because they followed YouTube tutorials or outdated guides which doesn't warn the people that they have to buy the ds game.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree with that statement. But...to call all the people "dumb" is a bit harsh imho. A few of them didn't knew it better because they followed YouTube tutorials or outdated guides which doesn't warn the people that they have to buy the ds game.
I think we should still be aloud to have nice things, regardless of others irresponsibility. I hate to say it but ppl that don’t put in the time to research and follow some low subscribers outdated YouTube video deserve the results they achieve. How else will these ppl learn?

Last edited by Haymose,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the people who made those guides or tutorials are the ones that are dumb then and should be called out.

also there is no outdated guides here since from day one cbhc always needed a legit VC game so even a day one guide should mention this, heck on this page the second paragraph states clearly to not download any title and must be bought from eshop.

Do you blame people who sell a modchips (any console) because some user went to try and solder it and broke their console? are they to blame or the user? same deal here, you need to know what you are doing or dont do it at all.

Reactions: WesMods and Haymose

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too bad there's not a check if the game is legit or not. fake tickets look nothing like real ones, so it would probably be possible. however, I do agree that people should read as much as possible before doing any hack or exploit, regardless of console.

Reactions: WesMods

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you technically have two options that I can think of. you can rename the elf and folder to the homebrew_launcher, then autoboot the homebrew_launcher or you can try using the cbhc fork, which may be the better option. I've never used it, but I know there's an autoboot any elf function as well as many other autoboot selections than normal cbhc.
Bloopair is a RPX not a ELF, you cant autoboot a RPX with CBHC, I tried converting the RPX ton ELF file but that doesn't work either :P
The only way to autoboot Bloopair would be if it were built in to an ELF from source. Gary said you'd have to replace wut with dynamic_libs.... I have to clue how to do that lol

Reactions: AQS

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
And replacing that hbl folder with Bloopair won't affect the Homebrew Launcher channel on my Wii U menu, right?

AQS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And replacing that hbl folder with Bloopair won't affect the Homebrew Launcher channel on my Wii U menu, right?

This will not work. You can't just rename an RPX to ELF .. CBHC will give you an error "-2" regardless if you use a custom CBHC fork (custom.elf) or the HBL method that was suggested above.

As @ploggy mentioned a few posts above, the actual Bloopair would need to be built as a real elf file and perhaps only then it will be possible to play around with renaming existing apps available in the CBHC menu to try and launch it.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche