Hacking CBHC running titles from home screen Sig patch question

tortugarosado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question - i have CBHC on my WiiU and installed WiiU, Wii, and Gamecube games to my home screen using WiiU USB Helper and WiiVC Injector, and before i run each title i go into Homebrew launcher in my home menu to run the Signature patcher, i do it to be safe but i was just wondering if i really need to do that before i run each game, or just once each time i boot the console, or if at all, as in does CBHC patch signatures itself? thanks for any help

tortugarosado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to do that. just run the games after booting the system, they'll work.
oh awesome, honestly i figured but i was just being extra cautious. CBHC is supposed to be so risky but i followed the guide exactly and i don’t mess with the DS game at all, and it works amazing so far. thanks!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can move or physically delete the cbhc game anymore. the only things to watch out for are formatting the system or deleting the nnid that purchased the content. I've been using cbhc for about five years, and I've never had a problem (playing the system right now in fact. :P).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you need to do either, uninstall cbhc first with the installer. I've done that before when I switched from yoshi's island ds to brain age, and I had no problems.

Reactions: tortugarosado

tortugarosado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can move or physically delete the cbhc game anymore. the only things to watch out for are formatting the system or deleting the nnid that purchased the content. I've been using cbhc for about five years, and I've never had a problem (playing the system right now in fact. :P).

if you need to do either, uninstall cbhc first with the installer. I've done that before when I switched from yoshi's island ds to brain age, and I had no problems.
haha yeah i’m playing Mario Party 7 on my WiiU rn, and i’ve uninstalled and reinstalled CBHC out of curiosity, but it’s so convenient i don’t think i’ll ever get rid of it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I wish someone would send me the meta.xml from brain age. I have the one from yoshi's island that I tried to change to brain age, but I don't know if it's correct. the one I have on my system has been altered by rednand.

tortugarosado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I wish someone would send me the meta.xml from brain age. I have the one from yoshi's island that I tried to change to brain age, but I don't know if it's correct. the one I have on my system has been altered by rednand.
not sure where to find that tbh. i have a hacked 3DS so i play and emulate all portable games and consoles on there. good luck finding that file you need

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could get it by uninstalling cbhc, deleting the game, then redownloading it from the eshop, but I don't want to do that at this time. looks like I didn't save it:

upload_2021-9-4_15-21-33.png

it's haxchi/rednand though, but I think the rest is correct:

upload_2021-9-4_15-23-51.png

tortugarosado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could get it by uninstalling cbhc, deleting the game, then redownloading it from the eshop, but I don't want to do that at this time. looks like I didn't save it:

View attachment 274879

it's haxchi/rednand though, but I think the rest is correct:

View attachment 274880
maybe you could inject Brain Age to your homescreen through another game/app you won’t want later? like how CBHC is on the homescreen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I just need the meta.xml. I think you can play the game you use with cbhc if you copy the game instead of move it. I just haven't tested it as of yet. mine is haxchi anyway. the usb drive seems to be given priority in this case, so you can have two of the same game installed.

do not install the same cbhc game with usb helper or else a brick is highly likely, because the fake ticket will likely be above the normal one after installation. with no sig patches, the system will give infinite loading, I think.

tortugarosado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I just need the meta.xml. I think you can play the game you use with cbhc if you copy the game instead of move it. I just haven't tested it as of yet. mine is haxchi anyway. the usb drive seems to be given priority in this case, so you can have two of the same game installed.

do not install the same cbhc game with usb helper or else a brick is highly likely, because the fake ticket will likely be above the normal one after installation. with no sig patches, the system will give infinite loading, I think.
phew, sounds risky. be careful!

tortugarosado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already copied my game over. I did that years ago. it still shows rednand, which is why I think that it works in this way.
well, i do hope it works. if not, document it so people don’t make the same mistake in the future but you sound like you know what you’re doing, so i think you’ll be alright

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome