CBHC ! Just installed it.. Wish I did it Sooner..

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SuperDan, Mar 12, 2018.

1. SuperDan
    OP

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Well I'm pretty new to the wii U scene.. Only bought one because It was $50 from a pal at work.. Who Didn't use it. So after a month or so.. I got all the games from using the USB helper tool.. ( wish There was more).. Been Injecting lots of GC / Wii games which gets me to the point
    CBHC.. It works perfectly.. But I've been on the fence for a month... Because of the Brick Story's... I was feeling paranoid about it... So I'm just posting this.. To anyone who might be just like me.... CRapping themselves... As far as I know so far as long as you don't delete your Ds game or format your wii U you are golden...& never touch the Haxchi icon ever again... I'm just curious what happens if the wii U.. Has another update?

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    It's had another update since cbhc became a thing. Nothing happened so alls good. I'll be very surprised if they update it again now that the switch is out and has been for a year

TotalInsanity4 and SuperDan like this.
  3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Also don't delete the NNID that you used to purchase DS game for HaxChi. This will also cause a brick and for heavens sake make a nand backup if you're a CBHC user

SirNapkin1334, KiiWii and SuperDan like this.
  4. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    I reckon so.. Also.. Nintendo has given up on the wii U these days

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How Would I make a nand backup? I have skipped this part

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    https://github.com/koolkdev/wiiu-nanddumper/releases/tag/v0.3

Be sure to backup all 5 storage chips at the same time, and you'll need an SD 2x as big as your internal storage (slc: half a GB, slccmp: half a GB, mlc: 8 or 32 GB, otp and eeprom: very small)

SuperDan likes this.
  6. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    I have a 64 gig in my 32 gig wii U.. So there I'm good... I will see if I can find a video somewhere online to follow & thanks for this info

7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    It's step 3 in the noob guide. Has all the steps

KiiWii and SuperDan like this.
  8. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    ahh haaa i found it !! but im going to do this tomorrow as it takes 3.5 hours to do !!!

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    that sounds about right. I remember reading about someone's system taking over 33 hours. 3.5 hours, though, is about right for a 32GB system. I'm not sure what was going on with that member's system or if he just had an incredibly slow sd card or if it even finished.

SuperDan likes this.
  10. xpoverzion

xpoverzion GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2017
    United States
    Nand backups are really pretty silly anymore when using CBHC. The time and effort that it takes to recover a bricked Wii U from a nand backup is hardly at all worth it when you can just buy another working Wii U console for $50-$60. If the console was $200-$400 to replace, then maybe a nand backup is worth it. Otherwise, in the event of a brick, just buy another console for $60 and save yourself countless hours of time trying to restore from a nand backup.

huma_dawii and SuperDan like this.
  11. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Is it truly essential!?.. I mean all I'm doing now is a few more GC/wii injects.. As I only have about 30 gig of my 1TB Hard drive left.. & all I would be doing is playing & not modding anything At all... Just on / off play...

12. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Its for precaution. Just in case someone deletes your nnid or game that purchased the game

SuperDan likes this.
  13. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    There is no way that would happen in my case. But I must admit that I had my 1st wii u crash tonight... It said something like stack dump & a ton of code.. In the middle of a game of black ops 2 online.. I pooped myself.. But it's all OK since. I remember seeing that kind of crashing on my soft modded wii 1..

14. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    Considering there wasn't a system update to remove all traces of the Miiverse when it went down (like when they had an update remove all traces of TVii in the past), I can't imagine the Wii U will have another system update at all at this point.

SuperDan likes this.
  15. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    I feel the same I highly doubt it

16. SjorsMaster

SjorsMaster Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Enkhuizen, North-Holland.
    lol did you just admit you illegally download games, don't do that mr. before nin10dawg comes knocking at your door.

17. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Jeesssh Really ................ get a grip fella i dont think we all hacked our wii u 's just for shits and giggles ... & i doubt all the time & effort the Dev's put into this site and hacking tools did to buy way over priced Nintendo games ,,, do you ?

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  18. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    After much thought, I finally uninstalled CBHC today. It's been working great for the past year, but I'm worried about the future. Someday I might sell the system or give it to a friend or family member, and likely forget to tell them that CBHC is installed. Then that person may unknowingly reformat the sysnand and brick. It's just not worth the risk, when regular Haxchi is such a simple step.

SuperDan likes this.
  19. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    i kind of agree on that Haxchi is safer of course !! ... CBHC is a risk BUT ONLY IF YOU COMPLETELY IGNORE THE RULES OF USING IT .. or so they say .. i never sell my consoles ....nor do i see myself formatting it .... im a geek who collects these Consoles .... and hack them i have every one there is even oldskool systems like Dreamcast N64 Ect Ect .. somewhere along the line i became a GAME Hoarder ..( most probably because i simply couldn't afford this stuff asa kid in the 80/90's .... ) ... its just some fun & if you know i completely fuck up my wii U id just grab another cheap

Last edited by SuperDan, Mar 13, 2018
    digipimp75 likes this.
  20. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    33 hours? He probably had a crap SD.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I HACKED IT TO PLAY GAME MODS, NOT TO PIRATE GAMES!!!
    I use emulators!

SuperDan likes this.