Hacking CBHC , Haxchi, and rednand

aevans0001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I installed Haxchi, CDHC, etc. everything was working fine, until I tried to move the Haxchi app on my rednand. I understood from a previous tutorial that i could actually uninstall the app on the rednand as it didnt really need.

Regardless Wiiu still works, but there is an icon with nothing on it and no title anymore. I imagine it is haxchi when it failed to move, but now my Homebrew channel is also messed up.

I would also like to update my cbhc so that i can boot into vwii more easily. Do I need rednand? If i dont how would i go about getting rid of it. I originally put it on there because my kids play the wiiu and no telling what they might do to it.

Please let me know if you can help!

Last edited by aevans0001,

olimar718

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try to uninstall cold boot (by using the homebrew in homebrew chanel) and then reinstall it maybe. Why the homebrew chanel is messed ?

recgame77

Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
it seems that the icon problem can be solved by unlinking nand . I have this issue too. However atm i don't know if i can reinstall my dsvc title after unlining and/or if a permanent popup will appear requesting me to format the disk

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I installed Haxchi, CDHC, etc. everything was working fine, until I tried to move the Haxchi app on my rednand. I understood from a previous tutorial that i could actually uninstall the app on the rednand as it didnt really need.

Regardless Wiiu still works, but there is an icon with nothing on it and no title anymore. I imagine it is haxchi when it failed to move, but now my Homebrew channel is also messed up.

I would also like to update my cbhc so that i can boot into vwii more easily. Do I need rednand? If i dont how would i go about getting rid of it. I originally put it on there because my kids play the wiiu and no telling what they might do to it.

Please let me know if you can help!
No you don't need rednand if you have CBHC. Here are the exact steps id take

1. Uninstall CBHC using the CBHC installer in HBL
2. Once you are 100% sure that CBHC is gone uninstall HaxChi by deleting the game that HaxChi is installed over in data management. Don't skip step one. If you delete or move Haxchi before removing Haxchi you'll perma-brick.
3. Put your SD in your PC and copy all data to your desktop that the PC can see on SD.
4. Use a third party format tool to reformat your FULL SD to fat32. Rednand is now gone.
5. Copy your SD data on your PC desktop back to your SD.
6. Unplug all USB drives.
7. Reboot Wii U and go to eshop
8. Re download the DS game that you bought for HaxChi
9. Install latest HaxChi over the top and test to make sure it works.
10. Install CBHC. (Leave USB unplugged)
11. Set up CBHC to autoboot to system menu.
12. Boot and test to make sure you see "autobooting" text on gamepad.
13. Turn off Wii U
14. Plug in USB.
15. Boot up.

You're now in a sigpatched sysNAND and all USB games and your vWii will work.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs