Cave Story v0.6.0 Update, Sega Genesis

Cave-Story-MD (WIP).010.png

The popular and rather amazing Sega Genesis port of the platforming Homebrew game Cave Story, has received an update. This update, officially titled the 'stuck at home edition', most notably offers improvements to the music! Please see the change log and project page link below for more information!

Change Log:
• All music tracks completed
• The music won't slow down when the game does anymore
• No more OOM when loading a level, for real this time
• Nicer effects for polar star, fireball, snake, and bubbler
• A whole lot of other stuff fixed

icon11.gif
Project Page

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprise that there wasn't a genesis made ost for this game sooner. Finally FM chips like the Yamaha 2612 get recognized for being good instead of being weird with fart sounds and weird noises for sound effects, :)

You can thank people discovering tracker gods like this guy here:

This is music he made for an unreleased game based on the Time Trax TV show/movie/IDK for the Genesis:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can thank people discovering tracker gods like this guy here:
Don't know much about trackers... But I know famitracker, that's used to create NES or should I say Famicom style music (Cause famicom apparently more advanced than the nes with better music cause more sound channels or something.)

Still Listening to people try and make snes remixes sound like genesis is fun. And even some original music too. :)

Reactions: ILuvGames

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
How come there's a Genesis version but not a SNES version?
Lol...
Is it the Genesis superior CPU?
Simple question, simple answer.
It's because of the Genesis' blast processing.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I will give it a try, definitely easier to run on Linux that other versions I have. Just use a Sega Genesis emulator and be done.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really hope they can finish the project, being able to play one of the best indies ever made on an original Mega Drive with Everdrive must be incredible.

Reactions: Another World

sprong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if somebody would this made into a homebrew cart ive been thinking of getting back into the scene, hmu.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I really hope they can finish the project, being able to play one of the best indies ever made on an original Mega Drive with Everdrive must be incredible.
why? the game wasnt made origiginal for the mega drive nor was it based on any mega drive game, so i dont see how playing it on a genesis makes it anything special since its just a lower resolution port, would porting any game to an older system with worse resolution/graphics make it better?

one thing is if it was inspired by genesis games and it wasnt even that, acording to the dev he was inspired by castlevania and metroid nes so meh i really dont see what would make this special at all imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...