Cave Story remake announced for 3DS

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH.......My.......NeRdGasM!!!! That first image is amazing!! Cave Story is one of the best indie games ever, I've played it soo many times, I freaking love it.

And a sequel!! HOLY! Pixel

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hunter291 said:
he means the game of the picture
biggrin.gif
its prinney or something like that. there are 2 games of it on the psp
biggrin.gif
Yeah, that's right, Prinny 1 and 2. A platformer game.

But this image is only to say that NIS America will publish the game on NA.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
the graphical changes are perfect... as raul said, it definitely seems like 2.5d, very shining and lively (in a cave)
must have put a great effort, and a great choice of console to release it on (NGP would have been good but initial sales would be problematic)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope they actually mean 3D, like Mario Bros ==> Mario 64
If its still the same old platformer just with that little bit of stereoscopy effect, I wont be buying it...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If Pixel makes a sequel and sells it, either for 3DS or any other console, I won't be happy.

(If it's multi-platform though and is on XBL, of course I'll still be getting it, I just won't be happy.)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just feel it really loses a bit of its charm when they bring it into 3D environments. The artwork was really well done the way it was, and if they redo the music then this will easily be the worst version of it.

I'm still quite content on playing it on my PSP. Works really damn well on it plus it's homebrew so it's legal.

I kinda feel like this game is getting whored out though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I just feel it really loses a bit of its charm when they bring it into 3D environments. The artwork was really well done the way it was, and if they redo the music then this will easily be the worst version of it.
That.

Expecting a 6/10 game.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'll like the visual style as much as the pc/wii/dsi versions of Cave Story (Considering the fact this is all beta artwork), but I'm definitely gonna pick this up, just to support Pixel and his efforts.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
heartgold said:
Hope it gets released in Europe
wink.gif

+1 Before making new remakes, they should consider releasing their games worldwide (Case Story in euro DSiware FFS!
hate2.gif
).

Anyway still a good news and I will obviously buy it as soon as it's out (if they ever release it in europe since they don't want our money...).

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Not a Joke: Cave Story Being Remade for 3DS

Wait just a minute. NIS America is publishing (and Nicalis is developing) a remake of Cave Story, and it's going to have 3D graphics presented on a 2D plane with the 3DS' depth-of-field wizardry in mind? That sounds like too incredible a thing to happen. But let me assure you, it most certainly is on the way.

GamesRadar has the news, and an interview with Cave Story creator Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya and producer/music director Tyrone Rodriguez. There are two major quotes I want to point out.

The first, from Rodriguez: "We've added a couple of things that Daisuke and I have gone over, as far as some secrets and some Easter eggs that are going to make some of the original fans really happy, and it'll also add some longevity for the game for anybody who's playing it, and sees these grand new areas that we're adding, as well."

And, here's the one we've all been waiting for. "It's now been 10 years since the original Cave Story came out, so I'm now thinking that maybe it's time to start thinking about a sequel for Cave Story," says Pixel. "There's a very, very good chance we'll see a sequel."

source: Destructoid

I don't know how he'll do a sequel given the circumstances of how the game ended, but whatever. If the sequel is like the 1st one with more weapons, harder/better challenges, longer gameplay, and new playable characters (mayber a co-op) then I'm all for it. I think the gameplay of Cave Story is prefect the way it is so if it isn't broke don't break it.

But that Quote-Prinny picture became my desktop picture the moment I saw it cause it screamed awesome.

Clydefrosch said:
I hope they actually mean 3D, like Mario Bros ==> Mario 64
If its still the same old platformer just with that little bit of stereoscopy effect, I wont be buying it...

Ew...I hope for the opposite. I'll buy either way, but I hope its not Mario 64 3D

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they are taking a game intentionally designed to look and feel retro... a classic 2D platforming game... and remaking it with NEW graphics in 3D?... Someone please explain to me why this is good.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters