Homebrew Cave Story Engine 2 for Nintendo Wii U

dekgear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
No, I'm using it's own channel from the Wii U menu to access the HBL. I deleted the file that makes you enter the HBL from the Mii Maker with Tiramisu (sd:/wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup/50_hbl_installer.rpx), as it messed with the Retroarch Launcher.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm using it's own channel from the Wii U menu to access the HBL. I deleted the file that makes you enter the HBL from the Mii Maker with Tiramisu (sd:/wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup/50_hbl_installer.rpx), as it messed with the Retroarch Launcher.
I can't for the life of me get it to work on tiramius, black screen if loading through the channel or it returns to the hbl if loading it from there. don't know what else to try. I don't even know if mine works or if that's the problem with it.

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cave Story is working for me on Tiramisu with the original CSE2 Enhanced rpx from Github. Was able to find the rpx on archive.org.

Then I launched CSE2 Enhanced from the Homebrew Channel through Mii Maker though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cave Story is working for me on Tiramisu with the original CSE2 Enhanced rpx from Github. Was able to find the rpx on archive.org.

Then I launched CSE2 Enhanced from the Homebrew Channel through Mii Maker though.
Could you see if mine works? Is it even the right size?

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you see if mine works? Is it even the right size?
Do you mean this one? https://gbatemp.net/posts/9915487?

If so, I'll give it a shot and let you know.

EDIT: The filesizes are different. Your ZIP is 1.02MB, while the original ZIP is 5.75MB. The original ZIP contains all the assets.

Your RPX is 1,082,381 bytes. While the original RPX is 1,204,373 bytes.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's what I was doing wrong. I didn't have the assets folder. going to test if it freezes upon exit (the new build).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original ZIP contains all the assets in the sd:\CSE2-enhanced-en\ folder.

While your ZIP is just the RPX. Your RPX is 1,082,381 bytes and the original RPX is 1,204,373 bytes.
okay, I just tested it. it works, but it seems to have infinite loading when exiting the forwarder above. seems to exit fine from within the hbl.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the size difference is from compression or better elf2rpl. The elf is somewhere around that size. I used linux, and the latest of everything. Versions could also impact file size.

Reactions: tehtemp

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Should be okay as the dmca relates to the cave story engine 2 specifically. There is a grey area regarding Nicalis' claim that they own the copyright but were rather only licensing it.

I'll give it a test just now, let me boot up my pc lol.... Be ten mins!

Edit....

Works fine mate.

I have a forwarder that points to the folder if anyone wants.
the path it points to is........ SD\wiiu\apps\CSE2 Enhanced\CSE2.rpx
Just a heads up, it hangs on a blue screen with Tiramisu. HBL launching works as usual.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I made a .wuhb version of this for the aroma environment I packaged up the entire game into the .wuhb but may make a version that just requires all the files also but on aroma .rpx version freezes when exiting from game via the game haven't tried from home button

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it with aroma, the game freezes at the loading screen.
works fine for me, but there's an oversight with the code that allows exiting to the homebrew launcher back to the wiiu menu works, but not exiting from a forwarder or back to the wiiu menu. you can use the homebrew rpx from tiramisu, but it will remove the rpx files from the wiiu/apps folder from your menu. it's infinite loading otherwise. tested my super mario 64 build, and it had no problem exiting on aroma, so I think it's the code problem rather than anything I did. this is my build:

6S9VTS5h.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be okay as the dmca relates to the cave story engine 2 specifically. There is a grey area regarding Nicalis' claim that they own the copyright but were rather only licensing it.

I'll give it a test just now, let me boot up my pc lol.... Be ten mins!

Edit....

Works fine mate.

I have a forwarder that points to the folder if anyone wants.
the path it points to is........ SD\wiiu\apps\CSE2 Enhanced\CSE2.rpx
could you give me the meta stuff icon, tv, and gamepad images? I'm going to make a wuhb of it for aroma.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned it into a wuhb, but it still has the same issue. I think the code is designed to send it back to the homebrew channel, so it will not exit properly on tiramisu or aroma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse