Homebrew Cave Story DS port (based on CSE2 Decompilation)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Just tested the latest v0.3a, and the DS version works amazingly well on my Gameboy Macro (DS Lite) but I had to use my regular DS Lite to change the game to play on the bottom screen, as well as remap the next weapon button to the Select button because my Gameboy Macro's R button doesn't work, and X & Y buttons are non-existent.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I finally got around to trying this, played to the end of the Egg Corridor. It worked beautifully and performed about as well as the DSiWare version, nearly indistinguishable aside from the use of both screens.
I would have liked to play multiplayer, but unfortunately I have no one nearby to play with :(
Hopefully it'll support online at some point, if that's even feasible to keep in sync.

Reactions: Coto and RocketRobz

rain9

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rave story.jpg

Tonight's CSDS version comes with modding support, bug fixes + additions, and source code on GitHub!
Github: tilderain/CaveStoryNDS (until i can post links, this is all you can get)
Grab it while it's hot :) The sample mod of the year is Rave Story, by PolarStarGames. Enjoy 2014 shitpost content on the go! or not...

Next patch wen?? Online multiplayer, MP3/XM playback support? Who knows...

Attachments

• CaveStoryDS-0.4.7z
    6.8 MB · Views: 98
  • RAVESTORYDS.7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 77

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't play this game on my emulator for some reason. It just gets stuck on the loading screen with the bar not moving at all.
The accuracy of your emulator may not be at a level to be able to play this. melonDS requires BIOS and firmware, to help with accuracy. You could, likewise, include this in your emulator.

Kitsune_sempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to run Cave Story 3D2D+ on twilight menu++ on my 3ds and apparently it is built from this DS port but the game never seem to be able to load the requested assets.
It's looking for them but I have to idea where to put the cs3d2d folder that comes with the mod (in which the assets are)
Anyone ever managed to make it work?

HK$

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I tryed booting CaveStoryDSi-v0.4EN-NitroFS.nds with TWiLight Menu++, but it doesn't boot.

cassiechai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to run Cave Story 3D2D+ on twilight menu++ on my 3ds and apparently it is built from this DS port but the game never seem to be able to load the requested assets.
It's looking for them but I have to idea where to put the cs3d2d folder that comes with the mod (in which the assets are)
Anyone ever managed to make it work?
The DS version works, but not the DSi version.
(I've put the folder and config file on the SD card root, running on 3DS with TWiLight Menu++ v26.0.1 hotfix.)

Last edited by cassiechai,

Kitsune_sempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DS version works, but not the DSi version.
(I've put the folder and config file on the SD card root, running on 3DS with TWiLight Menu++ v26.0.1 hotfix.)
thank for taking the time to reply, I have moved the config file along with the CS3D2D folder to the root of the sdcard like you said but no luck, I still get the same errors. I am running TM++ 26.3 but what is this hotfix you mention?

cassiechai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thank for taking the time to reply, I have moved the config file along with the CS3D2D folder to the root of the sdcard like you said but no luck, I still get the same errors. I am running TM++ 26.3 but what is this hotfix you mention?
https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu/releases/tag/v26.0.1
This is the one I am using, don't know if that makes any difference though, and on the sd card:
sd:/cs3d2d/
sd:/Config.dat
sd:/roms/nds/Cave Story 3D2D+(DS).nds

Attachments

• 3d2d.jpg
    3d2d.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Kitsune_sempai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users