Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
p1Ovq.jpg

Nicalis have released a teaser trailer for Cave Story 3DS, featuring 3D models of Quote and Balrog.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-te...ve-story/710540
The visuals remind me of Megaman Powered Up, chibi will overly large heads and very cartoonish.

I have to be honest here, I'm a bit worried about this project though, the models aren't terribly great and the interpretation of how they behave seems... off.
Just how involved is Daisuke Amaya (Pixel) in this?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is going to be the style for the 3DS version then this is just fucking terrible.

The models are just bad looking and really average. For a game with as much style as the original I thought they'd at least try to bring something new to the table.

Don't bother with this remake honestly. You're better off getting the DSiWare or PSP version of the original if you want a portable Cave Story experience, not this.

At least they kept the music...

EDIT: If you're wondering how Pixel is involved, he signs his game off, gets a big slab of cash, and then says "Hey guys, this version of this awesome game is awesome!" People think "Since Pixel said it and he made the game it must be true!" Then they buy the game and say "What the fuck, this isn't Cave Story!" and go back to playing it on the DSi/PSP/Wii/PC.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ugh . . .
although i've only played the game for a few days , this game does look terrible . those early screenshots of the maps looked great , they touched it up , made em look nicer . but this character design looks atrocious , reminds me of those MySims games on the DS . what kind of improvement is that . . . ?

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that it will look a lot better on the 3DS with everything else in its place, this seems more or less like a tech demo like "Hey, look we made them 3D Models!" Once some gameplay comes out I'm sure it will all be better....I hope

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Am I the only one who doesn't actually mind this? As long as the core of the gameplay remains intact, we're good. And these models are pretty early (the most recent demo build used sprites.) They'll probably be improved, and even then will not be so blown up.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is way too early in development to judge based off this footage. Anyone remember what Okami was gonna look like? I'm sure we'll see major changes by the time it releases.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Am I the only one who doesn't actually mind this? As long as the core of the gameplay remains intact, we're good. And these models are pretty early (the most recent demo build used sprites.) They'll probably be improved, and even then will not be so blown up.

I agree...I dont mind the models at all and the trailer was cute

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Vigilante said:
What the hell is with quote he looks like he came form an n64 game and this is already 3ds
Two reasons:
1: These are early and possibly unfinished
2: They're blown up to a size way bigger then they would appear on screen

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Why does Quote looks like Ulquiorra, from Bleach?

I hope these are just pre models, because they are ugly as hell.
Besides, one of Cave Story's charm is the retro graphics... Ok, the upgraded one looks good, but these 3D models, urgh. They should try making models look like the concept art...

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If I had not read the description in the video's page, I would have always thought the title of this topic was a typo, and it was "Cave Story 3 DS".

For some moments, I wondered where Cave Story 1 and 2 were.

So there is a new Nintendo DS coming out? I had no idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE