• Thread starter Zorua
  • Start date
  • Views 3,065
  • Replies 32
Z

Zorua

OP
packageartmockupnotfinalized.jpg
NIS America delayed Cave Story 3D two months, which pushes the game ever so slightly out of the Nintendo 3DS launch window. Cave Story 3D will debut on August 9 in North America with a PAL release following in September.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Go to the source for pictures.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wha...Wha...WHAT? This is being published by Nippon Ichi? Why? Seriously, what affiliation do they even have with Cave Story or Studio Pixel? Don't get me wrong, I love NIS (especially Disgaea and Phantom Brave, my favorite Strategy game), it's just kind of random.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
When I read the title, I thought something totally different. Probably should have been more like "Cave Story 3DS Release Date Confirmed"

Regardless, I don't know how to feel about this. I need to get Cave Story on my PSP so I can have an opinion.

Z

Zorua

OP
Nathan Drake said:
When I read the title, I thought something totally different. Probably should have been more like "Cave Story 3DS Release Date Confirmed"
Why? The title's perfectly fine IMHO.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Nathan Drake said:
Why? The title's perfectly fine IMHO.

When I hear something is dated, people usually mean that it isn't up to today's standards in some way, shape, or form. I dunno, just how I see it.

Z

Zorua

OP

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
The art style is pretty ugly, but in the end it's the gameplay that matters... Though the art style could be better. And August 9... 2 days before my birthday... *hopes for 3DS and Cave Story to be birthday present, though it's extremely unlikely*

;A;

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Most likely not going to get this. The 3D graphics look awful, and it pretty much makes me turn away from the game completely. The original, retro, 2D style of Cave Story would have been sooooooooooo much better, and it would have looked infinitely better than this.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
TDWP FTW said:
Most likely not going to get this. The 3D graphics look awful, and it pretty much makes me turn away from the game completely. The original, retro, 2D style of Cave Story would have been sooooooooooo much better, and it would have looked infinitely better than this.
Get the DSi version then.

I'll be getting this, I wouldn't however get it if it was the same as Wii/DSi as it's had enough ports.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sop said:
Awesome :yaycavestory: one of the best indie platformers.
Hello Mr.Famous

On-topic:- I don't get it why people are bashing it's gfx, these days people are double-minded lol, first they want a game with great or good gfx, when they get it, they want the art style to be the same as the old game?? C'mon people, with time everything changes, nothing stays the same FOREVER, if you do like the retro style then you can easily go back to Wii, DS or w/e other console this game is on.

To live in this era:- Learn to adapt the changes and move on.

EDIT:- And about the title being misleading to some, it is to me too, but I don't care lol, the point was to give us all the news. Thats that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
On-topic:- I don't get it why people are bashing it's gfx, these days people are double-minded lol, first they want a game with great or good gfx, when they get it, they want the art style to be the same as the old game?? C'mon people, with time everything changes, nothing stays the same FOREVER, if you do like the retro style then you can easily go back to Wii, DS or w/e other console this game is on.

The issue is that it never had bad graphics. It's art style in the original release was actually great and it had some great pixel art. It's just ruining the essence and charm of the game. Odds are it'll play the same, but it'll lack a lot of the graphical appeal the original had.

I'm still saying this is the worst version of Cave Story yet. I'll stick to my PSP for portable Cave Story, thank you very much.

(The DSiWare one is probably pretty good too).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The whole point of the transition to the 3D screen is that the graphics should warrant it, but if they're not faithful to the original art style then it's not worth it.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
It seems they delayed the game a few months back.

Oh well.

Personally, I like the graphical style of Cave Story 3D. It may not be the best but it is doable.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Snailface said:
Neogaf is absolutely trashing this game based on the art style of the revamped 3d graphics. I reluctantly agree with them.

NKw2m.jpg
Well, this just pwns my expectations, I was expecting it to be some kind of shitty 3D platformer that doesn't have a damn to do with the original Cave Story. Still, this isn't the same..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse