Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!
I've been searching for an answer for hours and now I seek your wisdom =)
I have fw 13.2.1 and atmosphere 1.2.6. Latest sigpatches and the latest versions of NES 6.0, SNES 3.0 and N64 2.0.
I have followed the guide on all 3 and can't see the new games in any of them. Everything else works perfectly on the switch.
I've transferred the ips for Snes, and fixed arts for every game, and moved the completed folders to the contents directory inside the atmosphere directory on the SD card. I can't understand why the games doens't show up.
I transferred the files with Tinfoil, but shouldn't be a problem, right?
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!
I've been searching for an answer for hours and now I seek your wisdom =)
I have fw 13.2.1 and atmosphere 1.2.6. Latest sigpatches and the latest versions of NES 6.0, SNES 3.0 and N64 2.0.
I have followed the guide on all 3 and can't see the new games in any of them. Everything else works perfectly on the switch.
I've transferred the ips for Snes, and fixed arts for every game, and moved the completed folders to the contents directory inside the atmosphere directory on the SD card. I can't understand why the games doens't show up.
I transferred the files with Tinfoil, but shouldn't be a problem, right?
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

If you have followed the installation guide correctly... The only time I have seen a issue like that, is when a simple restart of your switch is needed. That happens sometimes with the first install of these. But if that's not it, I don't know.

nowpearl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello I did a test of editing the description of the game and it was not correct.

I tested it on N64 and SNES. games have worked flawlessly on the SNES. only the description that didn't work.
1646358250937.png

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have double checked the green titles on the Compatibility List, they are okay. Also, I have noticed a very alarming lag on the evolution of the DTZs :( Is there any way we could help? I'm mostly waiting for Castlevania 1 & Legacy of Darkness and WWF No Mercy.

Thank you again for this great work and keep it going!! Very thankful indeed.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have double checked the green titles on the Compatibility List, they are okay. Also, I have noticed a very alarming lag on the evolution of the DTZs :( Is there any way we could help? I'm mostly waiting for Castlevania 1 & Legacy of Darkness and WWF No Mercy.

Thank you again for this great work and keep it going!! Very thankful indeed.

Everyone else obsessed over creating them to the point that I lost interest and fun in them, decided to leave it all to those others and move on to work on something I was allowed to have fun with (CaVE v2.0). Almost instantly after I left it all to everyone else... they all disappeared, and DTZ work ground to a halt.

So... no one is working on them at the moment. I'll probably have to get interested again at some point and do it myself, but... it took a lot to make the decision to abandon my desire to work on them and move on... So its going to be hard to reverse that, and may take a while if ever.

I check a few games here and there with each update is all. LoD is one. I tried every setting I could to fix its issues, and I've only been able to make semi-improvements over what dtz is posted.

As for other games, well. Its best put as the games having tiers of difficulty to get working and/or find idle addresses for. Everyone else scrambled to get all the easy tier games working, but no one but me was interested in putting in the effort for the harder ones. For me, I wanted to learn everything I could from the easy games to better prepare me for the step up in difficulty. But since all those easy games are done... I have bigger jump up to the harder ones ahead if I was to try and get them working.

That said, the harder ones tend to be hard because... they require too many things to boot. 2+ very specific idle addresses, and very specific settings. Change something, copy over, boot, repeat based on result. That gets... a lot harder when there are several settings factoring in. Others don't have the stomach or patience thats needed to deal with that. And that carries over to testing known settings to try and improve already booting games too. That was what I meant when I said this would need to be a community effort. But people took that the wrong way.

Anyway. As for what you can do, or can be done in general... Not much. You could try different settings to try and improve things with known booting games. I did what I could to try and note what the different settings did, or might do in theory. For games that dont boot... its a different issue. There's no one fix that applies to all the remaining games. Some wont boot because the proper settings havent been found, some wont boot because we lack the tools and understanding for some settings, some wont boot because the emu would just need to be recoded to support them.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,
  • Sad
Reactions: sley and nWo

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I understand, you are right. Sadly I wish I could do more for you.

Your work is amazing and I for one will be waiting for more updates and wish you all the best, hope in the future you find the interest to bring back more DTZs and games to life on the Nintendo Switch!!!

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have followed the installation guide correctly... The only time I have seen a issue like that, is when a simple restart of your switch is needed. That happens sometimes with the first install of these. But if that's not it, I don't know.
Thanks for replying =)
I’ve followed the guides, and Nes and N64 should be easy to follow. A long time ago you needed patches for it to work, now I guess they are not needed anymore? Except for the ips file on Snes? And there is an IPSbehead that I haven't used, the tool is up on your guide, but I can't see it actually beeing used in the guide.
Thanks again for all the work and support you give here!

Edit:
Could it have something to do with the way I launch Atmosphere? I don't use Hekate, and I use the fusee directly from tegrasmashgui. It works for all games and everything else, just can't get these roms to work...

Edit again...
It works now! Problem must have been old files on the SD card. I have deleted the atmosphere folder every time, but some other folders must have been the problem. Everything works now!
Thanks alot =)

Last edited by 4nders,
Reactions: DarkAkuma

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thx for the quick reply, I've had a lot of crashes with Starcraft on Mupen, it seems like the game just starts to get overloaded after about 10min of gameplay and locks up.

I'm on the latest RetroArch build as well.
I wonder if anyone has tried to get it to run under Cave manager, I tested some profiles but didn't have any luck.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there now a option to play in fullscreen (stretch)? I hate Borders so much.

Not officially, but there is a mod.

Anyway. Seems there already going to be another release soon. F-Zero X, on Friday.

As normal I'll post a update as soon as I can. But that game seems to work fairly well already, so I doubt there's much interest in it.

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Anyway. Seems there already going to be another release soon. F-Zero X, on Friday.

As normal I'll post a update as soon as I can. But that game seems to work fairly well already, so I doubt there's much interest in it.
Apparently there will be button remapping in the new update, but yeah Fzero X on cave manager already runs great.

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Could you please me the mod ?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans