Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it possible to replace the original Super Mario 64 game for any other one? (a hack or a completely new rom)

Also, any luck with WWF No Mercy? Only black screen and haven´t had any luck since.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to replace the original Super Mario 64 game for any other one? (a hack or a completely new rom)

Also, any luck with WWF No Mercy? Only black screen and haven´t had any luck since.
I haven't had any luck with replacing SM64 with romhacks hey but I also have no idea what I'm doing

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I haven't had any luck with replacing SM64 with romhacks hey but I also have no idea what I'm doing

It should be perfectly possible. Just not dont easily and automatically with CaVE at the moment.

the gist is...

Go to the database folder you made with CaVE and navigate down to the titles directory.
In that, add a folder called "N-3031_e".
In that folder place your hacked rom, and name it "N-3031_e.bin" after making sure its in BigEndian format.

Copy your database to your card however you normally do it, and when you boot SM64 the rom hack should be loaded. This would be using the stock SM64 dtz though. If your hack needs a custom dtz, then you need to copy that to the folder too and name it "N-3031_e.dtz".

This is a feature I havent prioritize for having CaVE support it naturally, as I didnt see the point. But I can see a point now with N64 games like SM64 and OoT, where the stock versions are the ones with glitches fixed, and using v1.0's would be nice. Adding support for selecting a new rom for a game is already on my list, so this would go well right along with that.

ChoChoCup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'd like to apologize for my actions that occurred 2 weeks ago....

I released an early build of cave on the website so that people could try it, and it was just an asshole move

I have no excuse and it just wasnt right of me to do something like that

i appreciate your work darkakuma and everyone who has helped bring cave to where it is now

ruagun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I released an early build of cave on the website so that people could try it, and it was just an asshole move

i appreciate your work darkakuma and everyone who has helped bring cave to where it is now
Now go back under your rock.
You almost cost us this great project.

Last edited by ruagun,
Reactions: Kazesama

ChoChoCup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now go back under your rock.
You almost cost us this great project.
I dont think the project was ever in any danger, but I still apologize

took 2 weeks too... personally I think the damage is done, should have apologized on the spot.
I was not able to apologize for 2 weeks, if I was I would have done it sooner

Might not have been allowed to post in the meantime.
This is the reason, I was put on suspension

Wait, what exactly happened 2 weeks ago?
Read my post here -

Reactions: Ty_

Megamanx1979

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm new at this so curious do I need to jailbreak my switch to run the case manager or do I need to run Homebrew or install Homebrew I'm pretty new at this stuff please let me know

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new at this so curious do I need to jailbreak my switch to run the case manager or do I need to run Homebrew or install Homebrew I'm pretty new at this stuff please let me know
Yes. The manager runs on your computer, not the Switch, but in order for the NES/etc Online apps on your Switch to pay attention to the modified database and load your extra games, your Switch has to be hacked and running CFW (Atmosphere)

burrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
any luck on goemon's great adventure mod? i'm playing mystical ninja but it's not the same :sad: and i have no idea how to do all of this

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi All.

first of all, thank you DarkAkuma for this wonderful tools. It's awesome indeed.

so, I have a simple questions guys. what is the best way to update the games metadata and also add cover art & details screen? is there a metadata file or I have to update each game one by one? sorry if this has been discussed before. I'm still very new to this tool.

thank you all!

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi All.

first of all, thank you DarkAkuma for this wonderful tools. It's awesome indeed.

so, I have a simple questions guys. what is the best way to update the games metadata and also add cover art & details screen? is there a metadata file or I have to update each game one by one? sorry if this has been discussed before. I'm still very new to this tool.

thank you all!
Each game needs its meta. Cover art and details and adding metas is all done inside CaveManager.

Reactions: arabtm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: