Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Search for gamemasterplc youtube channel, he made a collection of widescreen patches for n64 games. Patch the ROM and proceed to download the moddified files for widescreen on N64 Nintendo Switch online, you can find them on "Rockin´ the Classics #nintendo-vc-cc-nso" discord server. Do a search by user "MacFly", he did those mods and kindly uploaded his files.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t wait till n64 games get added, I think this will be the way to tell what games actually run well on nintendos emulator. As far as I recall I think the games they have right now don’t require over clocking to work well on retroarch on nintendos os. I know nintendo did some time of over clocking I think from firmware 8.0 but I think it was only for when the game loads up.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t wait till n64 games get added, I think this will be the way to tell what games actually run well on nintendos emulator. As far as I recall I think the games they have right now don’t require over clocking to work well on retroarch on nintendos os. I know nintendo did some time of over clocking I think from firmware 8.0 but I think it was only for when the game loads up.
as far as we can tell, nintendo has put specific patches in games to make them run well in their "emulator" hince the reason why the fog is different in Oot

Reactions: bonoboy

poelmans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im hoping that Pokemon stadium 1 and 2 gets added to nintendo switch online or they are able to be added to nintendo switch online once this program is updated (cant wait so excited for when it is)

HighSpeedBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I'm glad Cave Manager is back to the public.

I use Nintendo Switch Online SNES 2.4.0 and Cave Manager 1.2.1.

I can't get "Battletoads in Battlemaniac (USA)" and "Lufia II (USA)" to work. Nintendo Switch Online crashes when I try to open them.

All other games (I have over 100) work well. Only these two games don't work. I use clean No-Intro roms and the SFROM Tool 1.3.

What can I do?

Last edited by HighSpeedBoy,

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm glad Cave Manager is back to the public.

I use Nintendo Switch Online SNES 2.4.0 and Cave Manager 1.2.1.

I can't get "Battletoads in Battlemaniac (USA)" and "Lufia II (USA)" to work. Nintendo Switch Online crashes when I try to open them.

All other games (I have over 100) work well. Only these two games don't work. I use clean No-Intro roms and the SFROM Tool 1.3.

What can I do?

I know of now major issues with those games. I have no answer for you. Sorry.

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into a couple odd things, I'm wondering if anyone can help or has seen something similar.:

1) For SNES, NES, and GEN apps, after editing the database, the little button guides in the main menu have disappeared. Not too big of an issue since I already know what those buttons are, but I don't want the issue to get out of hand in other places I might be missing.

2021110211484100-05DC14F80A13996B94160CD375AFD5062.jpg

2) Some of the stock games for SNES have stopped opening, like Joe and Mac and Claymates, I click on them and they ping like they're going to open, but nothing happens. No crash, no error, just nothing. So far it's only those two stock games and all of my custom games work fine, so I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Recording: https://i.imgur.com/qSKuvnh.mp4

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CaVE Database Manager v1.3.2.0 is officially released now, and available on my website as usual.

You can read my release post there too, to catch up.

---

I'll only add that, please be patient with N64 support. Me and the community will get whatever we can, supported over time. I'm learning as I go, and couldn't get as much as I wanted made compatible asap, but there is a decent enough size list.

My focus is with refining my process, and understanding the settings of the emu to be able to improve how games play over time. After that, getting a wide variety of games to boot and not crash. I haven't written off any game from working yet, but I hit some speed bumps with more than a few. So this wont be instant.

Anyway, enjoy! =)

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When you have been gaming on the hacking scene since 1999 you learn to be patient with new stuff, Im still patiently waiting for the Mod Hack that will let me play Doom 1 on skyrim

Pitou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great! Thanks DarkAkuma for this release. I really appreciate your work. Just so you know to create "empty database" works fine on a non-english Win. Thanks again for that.

@chronoman I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 and still going strong. Just keep up, games are so wonderful!

t1232088

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into a couple odd things, I'm wondering if anyone can help or has seen something similar.:

1) For SNES, NES, and GEN apps, after editing the database, the little button guides in the main menu have disappeared. Not too big of an issue since I already know what those buttons are, but I don't want the issue to get out of hand in other places I might be missing.

View attachment 282840

2) Some of the stock games for SNES have stopped opening, like Joe and Mac and Claymates, I click on them and they ping like they're going to open, but nothing happens. No crash, no error, just nothing. So far it's only those two stock games and all of my custom games work fine, so I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Recording: https://i.imgur.com/qSKuvnh.mp4
  • Original words of DarkAkuma
Button layouts for Move, Details and Start are not showing on Snes Online after adding roms with Cave Manager. Any fix for this?
I answered this in discord, but ill post this here for others.

If you notice that images and text arent displaying in NES/SNES Online since v5.0.0.0/v2.0.0.0, here's a simple fix until the next update.

Open the "strings.lng" that CaVE outputs, press Ctrl+H and replace all "type": "variable" with "type": "TEXT_PART_TYPE_VARIABLE", and all "type": "text" with "type": "TEXT_PART_TYPE_TEXT".
This has been fixed for the next version. The issue is that it was simply too hard to manually track and detect all changes with each version, and my code used to generate my database wasent good enough. I re-wrote that code, and now all additions, removeable and simple changes are all detected and logged.

EDIT:

And here's another manual temporary fix for an issue where the games from v2.4/5.4, and only those, wont boot.

Open the lclassics.titlesdb file that CaVE outputs, press Ctrl+H and replace all instances of "armet_version":null with "armet_version":"off".
Sorry. Both these issues slipped through due to changes on nintendos end, and went uncaught simply because there were too few to notice and report the issues until now. Id simply post an update, but ive worked on the code to much since, and have gotten lazy with my version control.

They are fixed in the upcoming version of CaVE though.

EDIT2:

The release date has been announced (Oct 25th). And with it, the continued insistence on the terrible, overwhelmingly panned price.

I'll just post this here as a reminder. I DO plan to support N64 Online/SEGA Genesis Online in CaVE Database Manager. I think thats a given to work.

But if the new apps will require a unlock patch, and be easily hackable enough for me to do so... is another story. All I can say is, I plan to look into it and try.

Reactions: marcioap1

Detroitguy22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even bother trying to help out

Even tho they said it will be a community effort to get this all working if you ask how to do any of this they either refuse to explain or ignore you, so you can't even try yourself unless you discover the method

Reactions: iiTzSamurai

ruagun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project will mature over time
Especially with the Big N future releases.

Members will see what they did wrong with when they get to examine the changes made to the emulator profile.

ruagun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is really ironic that homebrewers pay nothing for this product and then in turn are getting to have a better experience than the paying customers.

Nintendo has so much work ahead of them and the homebrewers are certainly going to be keeping them on their toes.

Reactions: Ty_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s