Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Switch was banned after switching from SXOS to Atmosphere, I hope that N64 and Megadrive work in the current active account, remembering that there was an online NES/SNES update that stopped working with an active account by homebrew.

Reactions: ravj17

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's some poor arguments there. A companies lawyers overly trying to justify their continued paycheck with frivolous DMCAs that hurt channels and creators that are simply trying to survive while also giving them free promotion. That is not a good comparison to a hobby fan developer who has no power but to simply "ask", because he selflessly spent a lot of time on projects he had no personal interest in, only release them to silence because he didn't realize until now that he was catering to entitled pirates.

I don't know much nor care much about libretro, but that too sounds like a bad attempt at a comparison. I imagine the people working on those did it for the same reason I work on other projects. Because their own personal interest. They also do so for open source projects which are by their nature, pure community driven in development. My canceled projects were not any of that. I had no personal interest, simply creating them for others. And I am the sole developer and, did not make the decision to submitted to a open community project. Devs are free to have their own stances on enabling piracy. Ive seen many over the years. There's nothing wrong with that. Whatever they need to do to survive and enjoy!

There were people who showed appreciation over the life of the projects, and there are a few people left. And I genuinely appreciate that. But thats too few. It was never my intent to selflessly give to a majority of entitled pirates. As with anything emulation, you know there are some. But I was blind to realize the ratio was this bad until now.

Now can we please get this locked already! I submitted the request a while ago! I just want this ended so I can move on already...

EDIT (10/05/21):

Going to just leave this here instead of creating a new post...

Thanks to several kind, considerate and even generous people over on the discord, I kept CaVE on life support this past year for them alone. Now, thanks to the some of their generosity... I'm a man of my word. I have an invested interest in maintaining the project now! So CaVE and the Full Unlock are back, and available on my website again.

This is in time for me to also declare that yes, I do intend to add support for N64 and Genesis Online. I have even already laid the groundwork for them in the application.

I cant promise that I will be able to create an unlock hack for either of them, if such a hack is needed. Just that I intend to try. In v2.4 of SNES Online the code was changed to not need as much of the hack anymore, so it could be an indication that those wont need it too...

Anyway, I had this thread opened again simply because the project is no longer dead, and it should remain updated as needed. But there will be some changes.

This will no longer be the home for discussion of the project. If you have questions or issues, use my website or the discord. I will now be making the project for at least myself, and thus not require any feedback or "appreciation"... but its still very welcome and encouraged. Just do it over there.

This thread ended off poorly, so lets just move on, ignore it and hype up about N64/Genesis!
I’m glad this project has been revived, it was a very neat way to organise ROMs.

Thankfully I kept my old databases and they’ve slotted into the new database tool just fine - got everything up and running.

One question though, I want to migrate this to my emuNAND, where all of my other emulators live. It’s never had an online account anywhere near it so when I try to launch I get a request to sign in and link a Nintendo account. Any way around this or will I have to settle with a SysNAND install?

Djangit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see this is back! This project is a godsend. Being able to add selected roms to Nintendo's own emulator helps keep me focused on actually playing games rather than building a huge library with Retroarch.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m glad this project has been revived, it was a very neat way to organise ROMs.

Thankfully I kept my old databases and they’ve slotted into the new database tool just fine - got everything up and running.

One question though, I want to migrate this to my emuNAND, where all of my other emulators live. It’s never had an online account anywhere near it so when I try to launch I get a request to sign in and link a Nintendo account. Any way around this or will I have to settle with a SysNAND install?
There's a tool called linkalho, thread shouldn't be too far down this forum, to fake a linked account, I don't know if that still works with the latest versions of these apps. If not, you could try to find out which files to copy from sys to emu to copy the real linked account, someone is bound to know, or as a last resort you could make a new emunand from your sysnand that has the account already linked.

Reactions: The_Chaotician

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a tool called linkalho, thread shouldn't be too far down this forum, to fake a linked account, I don't know if that still works with the latest versions of these apps. If not, you could try to find out which files to copy from sys to emu to copy the real linked account, someone is bound to know, or as a last resort you could make a new emunand from your sysnand that has the account already linked.
Yep, another user let me know about Linkalho via DM just before your reply.

Works just fine on OFW 13.0.0 / AMS 1.1.1 :yay::yay::yay:

Reactions: hippy dave

emilio99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short question: Where to put FullUnlock.pchtxt and the cheats "01008D300C50C000\cheats\646d451ee64296d6.txt" on Atmosphere? Do not see anything in the setup guide?

emilio99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short question: Where to put FullUnlock.pchtxt and the cheats "01008D300C50C000\cheats\646d451ee64296d6.txt" on Atmosphere? Do not see anything in the setup guide?

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not in the setup guide because the IPS is the recommended way. I'm not even sure what supports pchtxt besides Yuzu. The cheats file would be placed where you place other cheats, but as I don't use them I wouldn't know. It had something to do with Edizon I think.

But the important thing is, you only need 1 of the patches. It's a choice. You don't need all 3. Just use the IPS.

Reactions: Tumbleweed

emilio99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not in the setup guide because the IPS is the recommended way. I'm not even sure what supports pchtxt besides Yuzu. The cheats file would be placed where you place other cheats, but as I don't use them I wouldn't know. It had something to do with Edizon I think.

But the important thing is, you only need 1 of the patches. It's a choice. You don't need all 3. Just use the IPS.
Ah okay, thanks.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting just like everyone else.

I should say, don't expect it to be lightning fast. It should be easy to change CaVE to support N64/Genesis regarding the basic stuff, like the titlesdb and strings.lng. But I suspect there will be extra hurdles for me to work through. Like managing config files, patching RSA checks, or patching any artificial blocks for custom games.

I'll post here as I can, but I'll be more talkative about my progress over in the Discord.

bibliomon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You dont need it to be in xtx.z format anymore. Normal image formats are converted automatically by CaVE. So either way, adding images would take the same effort.
Thats really great! I believe the guy is asking for xtx.z because the guide on the website says "only xtx.z support atm". Perhaps an update to this line would make people aware of the auto-conversion the tool comes with.

Reactions: Tumbleweed

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need sleep for now, so... ill just leave word of what I have done so far in the short time ive had my hands on the files.

I got CaVE to open the N64/Genesis databases. There's only 4 new settings between the 2, and a couple things removed.

I mostly spent my time on getting into the .bnz and .dtz files. I succeeded.

I didn't want to end the day without at least trying to boot a game. I didnt succeed, but I was able to find out that I the ROM does not need to be compressed.

New N64 titlesdb options:
"GPU384MHz": false,
"cold_reset": false,
"controller_position": "right",

New Genesis titlesdb options:
"machine_country": "us",
"z80c": 0.992

N64 doesnt use xtx.z for images, but Genesis does.

IDK its not the greatest info, but its all I have right now until i get some sleep.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr