Hacking ** CAUTION ** - Nintendo Now Banning Physical Game Carts

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
:ninja::mellow::sleep::huh::blink::wacko::wtf::(:sad::cry:

:hateit:

Sorry I can't find words to express myself right now.

230164262339739651.png

I know your feeling, bro.

Sadly, that's the price that we pay for easy hacking stuff like this.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is bad news there are a ton of people who buy used games if it were up to gamestop it'd be everyone now you have to check every single used game to make sure it works online hopefully before paying for it.

Pretty much what I'm thinking. What if someone buys a used game, after some guy dumped the cert, and they both play online at the same time?

Was there ever a problem of it happening with 3DS headers? I don't think it will be a widespread issue. And an email to Nintendo with a picture of the game and the sales receipt should be enough to have it sorted out.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You do realize that a lof people are not concerned by the Switch hacking scene at all (they probably even ignore it exists) and won't try to mess up with their console just to give you a dump (not to mention that you could scam them and go away with the dump, if you can start it...) ?

I know that have people that don't know and/or ignore the hacking existence/possibility, but, as i wrote here before, that's the price we pay for existence of such easy hacking stuff.

Last edited by Perfect One,

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh this is better for devs and Nintendo
They only get money from new copies sales
It's total bullshit, though.
No longer will you be able to pick up a hard-to-find, discontinued game from your local used game seller.
Nintendo is making game collecting nearly impossible.
Again, total bullshit.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there ever a problem of it happening with 3DS headers? I don't think it will be a widespread issue. And an email to Nintendo with a picture of the game and the sales receipt should be enough to have it sorted out.
What if I just show them my old receipt and rebought the game for the pic, after getting banned, and returned it after?

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's total bullshit, though.
No longer will you be able to pick up a hard-to-find, discontinued game from your local used game seller.
Nintendo is making game collecting nearly impossible.
Again, total bullshit.

This only applies for who dump the cart and sell it after that (which is illegal, since backups are only allowed for physical copy of the game you own while you are using the digital backup copy).

So, this is well done by Ninty' side.

At least they are just banning the cartridge and not the entire switch.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Pretty much what I'm thinking. What if someone buys a used game, after some guy dumped the cert, and they both play online at the same time?

I don't think shopkeepers will accept the cards being returned after the issue becomes known.
What I'd like to know is if I dump my legit game card and use it to go online will also qualify as a ban?

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think shopkeepers will accept the cards being returned after the issue becomes known.
What I'd like to know is if I dump my legit game card and use it to go online will also qualify as a ban?

I believe that only applies to who use pirated copies of games.

If you dump the cart and only you own it, Ninty will never see two of your cartridge online, so, no ban for ya.

Phoenixx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This only applies for who dump the cart and sell it after that (which is illegal, since backups are only allowed for physical copy of the game you own while you are using the digital backup copy).

So, this is well done by Ninty' side.

At least they are just banning the cartridge and not the entire switch.
It's not well done, it's quite the opposite, because sure it hits the person who backed up and sold the cart, but it also hits the person/s who then buy it. Who more likely then not have not and do not actively pirate Switch games, otherwise why even buy said cart?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
If you dump the cart and only you own it, Ninty will never see two of your cartridge online, so, no ban for ya.

I'd really like this to be true!
However considering the system will be in modified state when you do this, there is no guarantee you're safe.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not well done, it's quite the opposite, because sure it hits the person who backed up and sold the cart, but it also hits the person/s who then buy it. Who more likely then not have not and do not actively pirate Switch games, otherwise why even buy said cart?

That's why i wrote both here and on SciresM's twitter message to test game's online feature(s) before buying an used cartridge.

But, at same time, a load of people will be affected negatively by that.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
However considering the system will be in modified state when you do this, there is no guarantee you're safe.
You are modifying your switch
Who cares about getting banned
Only stupid people hack their switch and are afraid of getting banned...
It’s like making love without condoms and pray that the girl don’t become pregnant lmao

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I beg to differ?
This banning policy looks quite well thought if you think about it: banning the entire console would be unjust for someone who got scammed without knowing. So they can demand a refund and still be able to enjoy online play.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

When you unlock/hack a device, you're always in ban danger alert.

If you search a lot before hacking a device and know the best steps and pratices to avoid a ban, you'll be much more safe.

CelestiaLudenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I have a question... What if I play Zelda breath of the wild(Cartridge) with a modified save?Will my console get banned EVEN IF THE GAME HAS NO MULTIPLAYER MODE?!?(Just asking)
:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT