Catching Mesprite

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by -KangaRod-, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Guys,
    I feel like I am losing my mind. I:ve got the other two legendaries and I just need to get Mesprite, but as I am sure most of you know he runs away immediately.
    I checked around and some places said I needed mean look to stop him from running away. Makes sense, so I ran around creeping on wild pokemon to get my lvl 10 golbat to a lvl 33 (took me about an hour), only to find out that Mesprite runs away before Golbat gets a chance to attack.
    I feel like I am taking crazy pills.
    What should I do?

PS I foolishly used my Master Ball on Dialga. Is there a way I can get another one?

2. lblk32

lblk32 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    you could always use pokesav

or

start a new game

3. A-Negative

A-Negative Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2007
    United States
    There is indeed another way, but it's pretty difficult. In Jubilife City, the TV station has a lottery drawing everyday. If all your numbers match, you get a Master Ball.

4. AeroScap

AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2006
    Oxford
    Catch a higher level Golbat 45 ish, the one I caught is faster than mespirit and it can use mean look which prevents it from running away.

5. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    aww christ. I guess thats the only way. I'll check the GTS for high level golbats right away too. fucking bull shat

6. Knab

Knab GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2006
    United States
    i didnt bother with mean look, i raised a sneasle to 50 ish with false swipe and stood between route 203/Jubilife City and kept running back and forth causing the pokemon to change position on the map till they landed on route 203, then false swiped his ass down to 1 hp then threw a duskball and caught him in one try. yeah mean look mite have been alittle easier but it really didnt take long at all to do it like i did, maybe 10 minutes.

7. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I found a level 44 Golbat that the bastard made me trade my Azelf for; which still wasn't fast enough. I also didn't know that their health would drop everytime, if I damaged them.
    Where did you get the false swipe, I can't remember where I saw it at this point, but its probably what I am going to do.

BTW my Golbat is at lvl 46 and still not fast enough. Does anyone know what speed Mesprit is?

8. Fieryshadowz

Fieryshadowz GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    United States
    i used a Wobbuffet i Pal Parked from Ruby... also my mesprit had 84 speed at lvl 50
    also.. Azelf is a MUCH better pokemon than Mesprit in terms of Attack and Sp Attack Stats... so you got f***ed =/

9. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    k- beat the elite four, caught mespirit.
    Now I just need to find Cherrim, Drifloon, and Riolu and I've spotted them all. Any idea where I can see them?

10. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Drifloon at the Valley Windworks on Friday afternoon, only one, beat it or catch it [​IMG] (good pokemon IMO)

11. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    how do I hatch that bastard out of his egg? Riolu - only one I need now.

12. Xenophobe

Xenophobe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2007
    get a magcargo and run around for a bit

13. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    woo hoo. Got it all done. Now, I'm waiting on my legit copies of Emerald and Fire Red to come in the mail. Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer my saved backup games onto a legit cart?
    I have an EZ Flash V + 3-1, R4DS, Ezflash IV lite deluxe, and Ezflash IV

14. Migugu

Migugu GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2007
    Belgium
    Behind my screen
    you can clone pkmn on emerald (watch youtube for guide) and when you clone, put your master ball on the pkmn and voila : 2 masters, 4, 8 ...

remember : keep at least 1 master ball on emerald, otherwise : bye bye clone ball

15. carlpk

carlpk Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2009
    United States
    so all u do is try to catch it.i always just go to a city then ride my bike to a route and go back to the city until it come nears me then i tried to catch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.