OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country

Comments said:
"In my other run (which I never finished), this took me among the 150 tries.

But by making sure I had enough PP for Ember and a slightly higher Attack stat and one Poke Ball more, this was easier.

I activate the so-called Mew glitch that makes it possible to trigger ANY Pokemon as long as the last opposing Pokemon has the correct Special stat. I use Growl six times on Shellder. This lowers Mew's level to 1, setting up another glitch."

AWESOME. I know this may be a bit old for some, but I figured a lot of people wouldn't have heard of this. Rest Assured, no cheat device is used. This was actually used in an official speed run for the Speed Demos Archive, and all runs must very specifically not use any cheat devices.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Bought myself a Game Genie adapter when I used to play Red and got Mew that way and I got Celebi the same way as well ^^

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This way I had all 151 Pkmn (152 if you count Missigno) until the battery of my Pkmn Red died.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
I do the fly trick to go to Lavender Town, beat up a Slowpoke and catch a level 7 Mew(as far as I can remember, am not sure if it was Slowpoke, the last time I did it was 2003 I think, lol).
Yah, had 151 for few years and battary ran out...

And had 250 in the Silver edition, and save just dissapeard, it still saves fine but dont know what happend..

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Teej said:
Minox_IX said:
This way I had all 151 Pkmn (152 if you count Missigno) until the battery of my Pkmn Red died.

You do know you can recharge the battery by turning the game on and leaving it, right?
By dead I mean that recharging it isn't working.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
So how comes my Pokemon Red and Yellow doesnt save anymore?

When I start a new game, and save, and turn it off, nothing appears the next time I turn it on...

My japanese version of Blue is still working fine, but I cant trade any pokemon from other version to it...

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
same problem as minox, the battery has completely caked itself. i remember this, i always caught mew at lvl1 i battled misty and then all of a sudden i have a lvl 100 one =). that was cool. i did it the cerulean/bug catcher/nugget bridge way btw.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Kamui said:
So how comes my Pokemon Red and Yellow doesnt save anymore?

When I start a new game, and save, and turn it off, nothing appears the next time I turn it on...

My japanese version of Blue is still working fine, but I cant trade any pokemon from other version to it...

The batteries are designed to be recharged when the unit is on. Of course, sometimes batteries just flat out die, but I think it's just a simple lithium ion battery (which can be bought in most stores). The hardest part however is actually getting the cart open...

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've got no interest atm to change the battery of my Pkmn Red because that wouldn't get my old save back.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, I had no idea this was possible like a lot of other people said. There were so many made up glitches at the time from penises who thought making up cheats would be funny. I just assumed there never really was one, as one was never widely confirmed.
So yeah, I'm one of those who bought a cheat cartridge just for Red and Silver. Red is the first proper video game I owned, I was so crazy about Pokemon lol. Apart from educational PC titles to be run off DOS, which sucked badly.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the cheat device to get my mew, lol. But I did use the glitch to get Missingno. I remember boasting to my friends that I had 152.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh I still remember XD
if I look in a drawer I think i would be able to find red, blue and yellow
biggrin.gif

I still remember though
I quit yellow because missingno destroyed many of my sprites...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds +1