Homebrew Castlevania ReBirth doesn't work. Please help me!

knighTeen87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

Recently I bought a Wii, softmodded with latest update (hombrew channel, usb loader gx). I can play all Wii and Virtual Console NES, SMD, PCE games without any problem, but I can't get Castlevania ReBirth to work from WiiWare. I used your guide step by step (http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/), even loaded IOS249[56]-d2x9b47.wad file but only a black screen comes after Konami logo. Please, please help me about this situation because one of the reasons that i bought Wii was Castlevania ReBirth. I'm serious.

Thank you already...

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your CVR wad is good? If so, have you tried just using a wad manager to install it right to your Wii instead of going through an emunand/loader/whatever?

knighTeen87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried both PAL and NTSC versions but results were exactly same. But no, I didn't install it with a wad manager. Should i try it? Can you give me a guide or download link please?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some WiiWare don't work on simple cIOS redirection.

Rebirth doesn't work with the Emunand using the cIOS redirection method.
You need the neek method ( Sneek/Uneek/neek2o).

Boot into *neek EmuNAND environment, then launch the channel from here (or the loader from here, but you can launch any channels directly without using a loader).
or use Wiiflow + neek2o.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to bump an old topic, but has anyone got Castlevania ReBirth to work on EmuNand? I'm using WiiFlow's emunand and I get the same black screen after the Konami logo. I tried loading with IOS 249, 250, 251 and 252, none of them work

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Konami Rebirth titles don't work with cIOS EmuNAND. You either have to install them as a real channel or use NEEK.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
using neek is not very hard. you can keep your current emuNAND setup, you only add 2 or 3 files to your SD or USB, and tell the loader to boot emuNAND using neek mode instead of cIOS (Full) mode.

Creating the neek files using modmii
if not working,
Creating neek files manually

I recommend you set modmii to neek2o, as it will allows you to autoboot the game directly from the loader.
if you use the normal neek (sneek or uneek), it will boot into a "emulated/redirected System menu" and from there you will have to select the game channel to launch.

The two guides are using Nswitch or bootmii to launch neek.
But if you use USBLoaderGX (and probably Wiiflow too) you can autoboot the game using neek2o mode.
usbloadergx > settings > emuNAND channel mode : Neek

Note that the two guides are for Wii only (not vWii)

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed all the steps; however I used WiiFlow to dump my NAND.

The problem I'm having is; under EmuNand, when I click a game, it doesn't give me the option to go under settings and enable "launch title with neek2o", the only options are "Play" and "Back".

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it says Back and Start instead of Settings and Start it means the loader's parental control is locked. Click the lock icon first.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
or change the setting globally in the main settings > loader settings > EmuNAND Channel : Full -> Neek
But I think it's best to keep "full" for the global setting, and only use neek for problematic games, as using cIOS mode full is faster to boot and returns automatically to the loader when exiting a game without rebooting the console.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it says Back and Start instead of Settings and Start it means the loader's parental control is locked. Click the lock icon first.
Parental controls are off; I just checked this again. I even enabled them and removed them, and I still only get the options for "Play" and "Back".

Note this only happens under WiiWare games (aka emunand), every other system gives me all the settings.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember there were a way to prevent accessing the settings only for EmuNAND.
maybe you are using an old version of the loader? (but I don't remember any version without emuNAND settings)
or a bad setting in the loader blocking emuNAND only ? (strange, but maybe). you can try to reset it (settings>reset). You can keep a backup first if you want : rename GXGlobal.cfg file in the loader's folder.

Or temporarily until we understand your issue, set the NEEK mode in the global settings.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using NEEK global, but CastleVania still isn't working. Here's a video showing the parental bug and also CV crashing:

I filmed another video showing how the "Play - Back" options only appear under EmuNand, not under Wii games or anything else -

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you are using wiiflow and NOT USBLoaderGX?
of course you didn't have the options I expected.

what I explained was for USBLoaderGX, not wiiflow. you said "you followed all the steps EXCEPT you used wiiflow for the DUMP" (you didn't say you were still using wiiflow for launching games).
I'm sorry, I don't know wiiflow so I can't help with its settings.

Also, on wiiflow settings (in the first video) you displayed that you were using "EmuNAND FULL" not neek.
Castlevania rebirth doesn't work with emuNAND FULL, it works only with EmuNAND NEEK.

emuNAND : OFF <-> partial <-> full <-> neek
if you don't see the neek option, maybe wiiflow is old, or it's in another menu.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are using wiiflow and NOT USBLoaderGX?
of course you didn't have the options I expected.

what I explained was for USBLoaderGX, not wiiflow. you said "you followed all the steps EXCEPT you used wiiflow for the DUMP" (you didn't say you were still using wiiflow for launching games).
I'm sorry, I don't know wiiflow so I can't help with its settings.

Also, on wiiflow settings (in the first video) you displayed that you were using "EmuNAND FULL" not neek.
Castlevania rebirth doesn't work with emuNAND FULL, it works only with EmuNAND NEEK.

emuNAND : OFF <-> partial <-> full <-> neek
if you don't see the neek option, maybe wiiflow is old, or it's in another menu.

fledge68 helped me figure it out; I had to click the top right corner (where the banner usually is) and that got all the settings for EmuNand games to show back up, including launch with neek2o!

My other question, is it possible to return to the loader from games launched with neek2o? Right now it's taking me to the neek2o Wii menu.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's possible, but I don't know if Wiiflow has that option.
You have to install a "NK2O" channel on your emuNAND (it's in fact a Nswitch channel), and tell neek2o to "return to" that channel when exiting a game.
as a result it will reboot the console to go back to realNAND.

wiiflow-> autoboot game on neek2o -> exit to nswitch on neek2o -> reboot -> return to wiiflow at console boot (with priiloder?)

You'll have to search in wiiflow for a menu which lets you choose if you want to enable "return to", and select the channel to return to (located on emuNAND) or it's hardcoded to return to "NK2O" channel on emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality