Castlevania ReBirth Coming to WiiWare

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by GeekyGuy, Sep 13, 2009.

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Yeah, it had been rumored, but now it seems it's been confirmed via...the ESRB.

"...This is a side-scrolling action game in which players battle against monsters in Dracula's castle. Players use a chained whip to fight their way through halls and dungeons filled with zombies, skeletons, flying eyeballs, and bats...."

Source

All I can say is, "Cha-ching!" [​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Well it was to be expected really, they seem to be digging into their old titles. I expected them to mix together the early NES games but judging by the title "Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth" it'll be a remake of the first Gameboy title. Could be wrong because Grafius & Contra ReBirth titles were remixed of various levels and situations.

It was quite a difficult game too. Ok this particular one wasn't a classic but it was enjoyable enough and Konami could improve it for the WiiWare version. I kinda miss these old style linear Castlevania games.

Hoping there'll be a Metal Gear ReBirth title one day, MSX2 version that is. Even Hideo Kojima thinks the NES version was crap. I wonder when we'll see anything of Salamander ReBirth.

3. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Gradius and Contra's Rebirth titles were both rather mediocre, so hopefully they'll put a bit more effort into this one.

4. GeekyGuy
    OP

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    I loved Contra ReBirth. It was a bit on the easy side and offered only about half the levels of Contra 4, but it was still some good Contra action.

5. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    never played it but love the series so definately gonna be a good game on the wii which lacks the influx of castlevania games

6. SpaceJump

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    Why a remake of Castlevania Adventure? It's one of the worst CV games [​IMG]

7. Uzumakijl

Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2008
    Mexico
    Nobody is 100% sure that is gonna be a Castlevania Adventure remake....

Anyways i hope it is not, It would be nice to see a new game with either Rondo of Blood or Symphony of the Night elements [​IMG]

8. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    I'm guessing it's going to be more like the NES Castlevania games. Though I was kind of hoping it'll be more like Rondo or the SNES version of Dracula X.