Hacking castlevania portrait of ruins with edge card

saiken122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone tried running the castlevania PoR with edge card? where you able to play the game without encountering a single game freeze ? what are the chances of and instances that you've observe that will freeze the game? and which firmware is better for the castlevania portrait of ruin? version 1.41 or 1.42?

as of now im playing the portrait of ruin, before the time when i still havent reformated my micro SD to FAT with 64k cluster, im having roubles with the Wind Bug, right now i've changed my microSD's partition to FAT and 64k Cluster, somehow it was able to fix the Wind bug. but now when ever i go to the character menu (pressing start button during the game [Jonathan and Charlotte]) there are areas in the game when i pressed the start button the game wont freeze up, from what i've observe mostly its in the save point areas. havent tried using a warp portals.

violent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mine froze at first save. how do you avoid that? im using 1.41 the misses wants to play viva pinata and so yeah i wont be upgrading to 1.42 till she beats that lol.

saiken122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm i duno about avoiding the first save? and thats quiet weird, from my first experience when i was not using a FAT 64k cluster the game will hang after i completing the quest for the slide ability. now all has been changed it became a start menu freeze, but im still testing the game til now and i think the game will not hang up if my chracter is in a save point area (still not sure). the game will not hang up when my chracter is in Wind's area or they are in the item shop.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Castlevania PoR is known to have a bug in the US version that cases this freezes.

I heard it should be fixed in the EU Version.

Anyway it was not near as good as DoS.

violent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the Europe release fixes it sweet

edit: yup it works
smile.gif

Edit2: still locks up when accessing the menu at a save point
frown.gif

saiken122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh, so meaning playing the european version will have less chances of freezing? and DSAndi what do you mean by castlevania PoR is known to have a bug? do you mean that even when buying the original catridge itself the game has a possibility to freeze up ?

saiken122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i tested the Castlevania PoR European version, somehow the US version works better for me im using a v1.41 EDGE OS, formated my PQI 1GB microsD to Fat with 64k Cluster with the US version i only encounter the start menu freeze bug, with the european version i get the warp bug and wind bug not sure about the start menu freeze bug.

hmmm right now im planning to get a new microSD memory card with bigger space, what brand can you guys recommend ? i looking for a micro SD can run the castlevania PoR wothou any freeze problem, ive read other threads they say a japan made kingston micro SD works well, are there any other brands? here in the philippines i doubt the kingston brand its either made in china or a class A.

Ahua_Keren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Both region are freeze randomly.

Some says EUR version is better than US version, i dunno, because i'm testing at first teleport, if you use two character at the same time and push up button in that floating stone, both are freeze identically!
But this was not happens when you push it with one he/she character.

My opinion is to save at every save point.

saiken122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah save every save point you encounter and lessen the times of pressing the start button. the bad thing about lowering the number of times pressing the start button is you will not be able to use the items like potions etc anywhere, so its either be killed or let your game freeze unless you got lucky and when you pressed the start button you game did not froze. hehe

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
saiken122 said:
oh, so meaning playing the european version will have less chances of freezing? and DSAndi what do you mean by castlevania PoR is known to have a bug? do you mean that even when buying the original catridge itself the game has a possibility to freeze up ?

Yes thats what i mean. However i used the US version also and it froze a few times but not that much.
Thought it was the edge but its the game.
It froze often when i was half through the game not at the biginning or end. I had like 10 freezed in the whole game before i fininished it.

saiken122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
encountering for just 10 freeze is good enough for me lolz. well i've tested the portrait of ruins some how my PQI micro SD 1gb can handle the game, but there is a slight chance for it to freeze up when i use the warp portal and probably when pressing the start button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.