Hacking Castlevania PoR randomly freezes on DS Simply

bennyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a normal Sandisk and experiencing freezes much the same as everyone else. Was thinking of swapping it for the Sandisk Ultra II - has anyone used this card and had issues with it?

Also, does the Taiwan Kingston actually lock up the game? - I know a few people have said there is some stuttering and such.. but if I ended up with the Taiwan one is the game actually playable??

cheers,

Ben

rezen

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a normal Sandisk and experiencing freezes much the same as everyone else. Was thinking of swapping it for the Sandisk Ultra II - has anyone used this card and had issues with it?

Also, does the Taiwan Kingston actually lock up the game? -Â I know a few people have said there is some stuttering and such.. but if I ended up with the Taiwan one is the game actually playable??

cheers,

Ben

I have both a Sandisk Ultra II and a Taiwan Kingston.

Crashed on both. Sorry.

bennyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a normal Sandisk and experiencing freezes much the same as everyone else.  Was thinking of swapping it for the Sandisk Ultra II - has anyone used this card and had issues with it?

Also, does the Taiwan Kingston actually lock up the game? -  I know a few people have said there is some stuttering and such.. but if I ended up with the Taiwan one is the game actually playable??

cheers,

Ben

I have both a Sandisk Ultra II and a Taiwan Kingston.

Crashed on both. Sorry.

damn.. - ok - cheers rezen.. - maybe I'll just give up and wait for it to come out in Europe.. or import.. I don't want to order a Kingston on the off chance that i'll get a Taiwan one..

tw8e60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello friend, I had problems with he sandisk micro SD, I bought a Kingstone from Japan, and only using FAT 32 and 8192 cluster it is freez free. Hope this helps.

dodly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I got my M3 Simply today and Tried castlevania... people who reported slow downs in the intro, I need to ask... WHAT INTRO? when i run the game it shows the KNOMI LOG then goes to the start screen... Am I missing something? what INTRO video?

btw I played for 30m no freeze of lag
Using a Kingston 1gb made in Taiwan

ryuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I got my M3 Simply today and Tried castlevania... people who reported slow downs in the intro, I need to ask... WHAT INTRO? when i run the game it shows the KNOMI LOG then goes to the start screen... Am I missing something? what INTRO video?

just wait, it'll happen. I have the same card and i formatted with Fat and 64k cluster, so i thought it wouldn't crash. But it still does but just less. there's no lag tho. I'm still wondering if a firmware update can fix this problem,

krdvmus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Intro lagging test for CV: DoR is pontless now in terms of card compatibility with new slot-1 devices.

The thing is CV: PoR discriminates some micro SD that are just fine with other games.

Just playing does not always catch the random freeze in CV: PoR

Spam at teleportation tombs, room of Wind, etc... pushing 'start' button repeatedly to menu then you'll know...

dodly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have a M3 Simply and a Kingston 1gb (MADE IN TAIWAN)

Castlevania DoS doesn't lag Or crash

I've tried the following
Spam start button
Use Warp rooms

no crashes

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using a Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB and I was playing PoR just fine for like 10 minutes - Beat Brauner with Richter/Maria with no problems.

A bit later - I'm just running through a room normally when it crashes...

I didn't hit start, I wasn't talking to Wind... None of that, just crashed, for whatever reason.

Methinks that crashes on PoR are just random on the M3 DSS... It's just something that the M3 team has to fix down the line.

All other games have worked flawlessly with no noticeable lag or glitches - Same with the PoR and the DoS intros... I can't really complain too much
biggrin.gif

Just "simply" (hehe) hit the B button, and the intro will run
smile.gif

DkInc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it weren't for one of my other pals who has an M3, I wouldn't have even noticed.

I've played the game through and through 20+ hours on my old M3 miniSD and it hasn't crashed randomly once. The only time I've had it crash on me was when I had Charlotte cast a spell, then go into the Menu too fast...

Yes, it is a Kingston 1 GB miniSD made in Taiwan for those who are curious. Appears to be FAT32/16k clusters (factory formatted).

m3wiki suggests defragging the card, though I usually move the entire contents of the card to my HDD (ie: card blank after the move) and move it back to make sure that it's all contiguous (ie: no defrag needed, usually much faster and you're pretty much sure that it will be done, Windows defrag doesn't always do it properly).

For my M3 Simply, I haven't had it crash either, but I've only been fiddling with it for about an hour...

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would like to warn to be careful with defragging, at least with diskeeper. m3s froze at the menu. apparently it corrupted the firmware files. didn't have that many games in the card so i wasn't sure what else it would've corrupted. well maybe it also has to do with that piece of crap card reader that came included. i haven't used it ever since...

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Heh, I don't recommend using that either, unless you're really lazy... I'm using the SD adapter along with a USB Sandisk SD reader.

It's much faster and more reliable transfer speeds than the dongle for sure.

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
personnaly, the game does not start at all...well...when I launch it, on the screen, at the right bottom, there is a bat flying, and it displays "wait, do not turn the power off, saving..." but it still displays that very long time, and finally, i can not play...What do you think about that ?
cry.gif

badzoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
its-my-right said:
when I launch it, on the screen, at the right bottom, there is a bat flying, and it displays "wait, do not turn the power off, saving..." but it still displays that very long time, and finally, i can not play..

I had the same problem, I just turned off DS and next time it worked.

nds_gamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well so far so good. i'm temporary using a sandisk 512mb and no freezing as of yet. was only playing for about an hour. saved several times, tried pausing in and out and no freeze. but this isn't my main card anyways. just giving a heads up to you guys. about the 512mb sandisk.

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
its-my-right
when I launch it, on the screen, at the right bottom, there is a bat flying, and it displays "wait, do not turn the power off, saving..." but it still displays that very long time, and finally, i can not play..

I had the same problem, I just turned off DS and next time it worked.

I do not understand, I tried to relaunch it, but the problem is still here...maybe it is becaus I have trimm my rom ? I will retry with a clear rom...

EDIT: I do not understand...I have tried with a clear dump and it does not work...like the trimmed one, the same problem.I will maybe re format my 1Go sandisk micro sd card, but before, I am going to test with an other Sandisk...

khrest

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I can tentatively report that the following 512mb 80x Transend card works fine. Warp points, intro and Start buttong all work okay, where they did not before on my 1gb Sandisk.

Transend Card at MobyMemory

Fingures crossed this is a cheap solution. I will continue to test over the weekend and report any problems here before Monday.

badzoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
its-my-right said:
I do not understand, I tried to relaunch it, but the problem is still here...maybe it is becaus I have trimm my rom ? I will retry with a clear rom...

It works fine with trimmed rom. I just experimented a bit - you have to wait about 1 minute while it saves and then it starts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...