OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
It's told by our friend in Hongkong that the new Castlevania is available on 20, Oct. And finally we got it last night. It's a Japanese version all of us are puzzled.

Anyway, the gameplay is good. You may have already seen the review from US magazine, so I just say something of mine.

1. As you know Order of Ecclesia (OOE) spreads its map to several area, which is different from those two in DS. To be exactly, it returns to Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest which also has an open world map.

2. Glyph Combo is highlight of the game. You can obtain new attack ability by killing variety of enermies and setup two of them at sametime. Press Y / X button alternately to make the chain combo, the battle rhythm get rapidly.

3. Maybe the damn bosses with numerous HP and unbelievable power make OOE to be a nightmare for newcomers. I'm sure you will be obstructed on the huge crab boss or the big giant lol. However all of them take regular movement so it's not a big thing to cover.

4. The collection element becomes little complex. First is to find villager, and some of them may sell item and give quest to our heroine. Second you may hear mew and find littlecat in some room, just pick him up and he will appear in village. At last in Castlevania NES you can find some hidden tresures by holding DOWN button for few seconds at specific place, and it revives in OOE.

5. Two-ending design, rescue all villagers to unlock the good ending otherwise our Shaona will be devoured by her mystic signet.

6. Till just now we're not sure what extra mode will be open as a reward of beating through the whole game. But I'm sure the CRAZY mode and BOSSRUSH mode will be appeared. Wish to use the hero, the gun user.

I will keep update this thread for the lastest game news.

=== add ===

1. Honor Metal

If you finish boss without taking damage, you can get a Honor Metal. For some boss you can even get a rare item.

2. Four Extra Modes added when game clear

Hard Mode: ooops...
Albus Mode: play as the gun user
Boss Rush: defeat all bosses within the shortest time
Sound Mode: music box

3. Epigraph Combination

there're 2 kind of Glyph skill in OOE: weapon and magic.
weapon including sword, rapier, spear, sickle, hammer, shield, dagger, axe and bow.
magic including fire, ice, wind, thunder, holy and shadow.

Just equip the prescribed Glyph skill to activate the special attack(UP + X or Y), combination below takes effect.

weapon + weapon (both two must be same kind, example: sword + sword)
magic + magic (both two must be same kind, example: fire + fire)
weapon + magic (any kind is OK)

4. Two hidden Areas

When you successfully rescue all villagers and beat the plotter in church. The Dracula's lair will be appeared on the worldmap.
Go to the right-down corner of Castlevania and there's a hidden exit, leave the castle through it and two hidden areas will be shown on the worldmap.
One is stalactite grotto (directly translate from Japanese name), which is a hell-like arena without savepoint.
Another is called training temple (directly translate from Japanese name), a place to challenge your control ability.

5. Little Cat Scout

It features cat army to defeat the enermy.
First you have to obtain glyph from the cat-liked lady, who is mainly distributed around the entrance of Castlvania.
Then make sure you have already return those lost cats to village.
Now use the glyph you get to turn youself into a cat, you will see the happy scene.

6. All Map 100% Complete

I snap them and upload on savefile.com. In order to help you to find all villagers and hidden rooms.
I'm sorry that it's in Japanese version, anyway you can recognise them all.
if it's not allowed to release URL download link here I apologize for it and admin please del the link.
Here is the link, OOE_map, 1.15MB
http://www.savefile.com/files/1853779

Noke0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice you can play as Albus. The game so far is really great and can't wait to find out its' story.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for some of the hints, i didn't that if you press down on specific areas it will give you hidden treasures, but does it give you a hint or do you just have to find them on your own?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I think I'm gonna pause my Mother 3 experience for few days when OoE gets dumped, because I'm really excited about it.....honestly, I really can't wait....And some of this extras, sound very appealing!

Noke0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been dumped.

Here is the end of the URL, not the FULL LINK!

/files/156205402/2809_-_Castlevania_Order_of_Ecclesia__U__VENOM_.rar

Think of an uploading site that is used a lot. Rapid uses through it and sharing files is fun =D

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cool to play as Albus, I hope the DS gets one more Castlevania game after this, and it should incorporate some of the changes (i.e. world map, magic system -although I liked the soul system in DoS).

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all of the info! With the known absence of the Belmonts, this might be the first DS-Castlevania that I play through the regular mode first (Why play DoS when I can play CVIII, part Deux? ...obviously, I'm more of a fan of the 'Classicvanias').

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has found more information about that line from the IGN review- about how there's the Vampire Killer whip (though not in the main storyline) or something?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The glyph with the strong wind.

Use the magnes glyph to push yourself right on the right edge of the platform and quickly push up. The magnes glyph has a delay right when you land so you'll have just enough time to get it.

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you beat the crab boss? I got to the top of the tower and hid on the right indented area and kept using the hammer on him, but he just won't die...

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flameburst said:
How do you beat the crab boss? I got to the top of the tower and hid on the right indented area and kept using the hammer on him, but he just won't die...

You have to get into the elevator to crush him. You can get in the elevator by the little slit right above the indents on either side then push down when your in the elevator.

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and i thought he was invincible... is that what the magnetic circle is for? I saw there was spikes underneath the platform so i didnt dare try jumping through it.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Flameburst said:
You flip the crab on to its back, and attack its weak spot for massive damage.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: downloading a couple of puyo puyo ds games