Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Confirmed!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source

61107_viploader642325_122_469lo.jpg

61110_viploader642326_122_658lo.jpg

Scans from GoNintendo.

Looks like those leaked screens were real.

This will be two player and the name Order of Ecclesia isn't the Japanese name.

Proper screens:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=864...t&p=1147531

Details:
In Order of Ecclesia players take the role of a member of the Ecclesia, an organization that has sworn to defeat the evil forces of Dracula. By using the new Glyph attack system, players can unleash more than 100 different combinations to battle Dracula’s minions throughout 20 explorable areas. Utilizing the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection™, players can choose to compete head-to-head, or trade items and equipment they have found while exploring the environments. Multiple endings that can be unlocked depending on how the player completes the game adds even more replay value to the game with plenty of addictive exploration, combat and items to discover.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks kinda the same as the last 5 on the GBA & DS. Should be a good game but I long for something new.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
You won Hadrian.. this time.. this.. time ¬¬
I only reposted info from a site, that was from another site. There are no winners, only a sad git like me
tongue.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All this castlevania (or castleroid) game needs to be good is a biiiiiiiig castle... Come on. I really wouldn`t change anything. These games should be about atmosphere and exploration. I still remember climbing (and falling) that tower in DoS... Amazing, just amazing!

The artstyle is great
biggrin.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Looks kinda the same as the last 5 on the GBA & DS. Should be a good game but I long for something new.
You're joking, right? Either that or blind, the artwork is classic Castlevania. They even said after the last games that they were tired of the anime look for everything and would be going back to their own style.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
This is fucking ridiculous. Like everybody else in here, I wonder why they keep selling SOTN number eight, and not one home console has had a castlevania game since the DS was released.

I'm not even going to pirate it, it's going to be the SAME OLD SHIT.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wish Nintendo would do some "same old shit" with Metroid.

And if you ask me I think with portrait they did a little to much with the level-like portraits... as I said before: all I need is one big castle, a dark atmosphere and hopefully a speaking Dead...
tongue.gif

babelfish

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
Ditto. I don't know why the big N hasn't made another 2D Metroid already. The Prime series isn't bad, but it just doesn't FEEL like Metroid to me. I WANT MOAR 2D Metroid GOODNESS!

As for Castlevania, I'm extremely stoked to see Iga working on another. I say keep em coming and I'll keep buying em. I don't understand why peeps get all bent out of shape when a new Castleroid is announced, it's not like the genre is oversaturated like the FPS genre. I mean, there's only two (non-homebrew) series in the Castleroid genre for fuks sake. And keep em on the portables I say, it's a much better platform for the style, and great when I'm bored and not infront of my TV
yaynds.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
babelfish said:
Master Mo said:
I mean, there's only two (non-homebrew) series in the Castleroid genre for fuks sake. And keep em on the portables I say, it's a much better platform for the style, and great when I'm bored and not infront of my TV
yaynds.gif
There are more than those two:

Simon's Quest
Symphony of the Night
Circle of the Moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow

If Nintendo did a same old Metroid I'd welcome it with loving arms but then the last one was 4 years ago, even then that was a remake and the last Castlevania (not counting the dull mobile game) was late 2006.

Of course when all is said and done I'd welcome this more than all the DSI/Destineer/Ubisoft crap thats plagued our little system. I think with the Castlevania games you've just gotta hope for a good story and some great new puzzles, may not be offering new since the Saturn years but still a good game is a good game. Also its not Castlevania without a castle and there's not that much else you can do with Castles.

I await to see what details come out for this and what elements they can bring to the series.

babelfish

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
babelfish said:
I mean, there's only two (non-homebrew) series in the Castleroid genre for fuks sake.
There are more than those two:

Simon's Quest
Symphony of the Night
Circle of the Moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow
I was referring to the Metroid and Castlevania series of games, the latter of which includes all the games you mentioned
wink.gif

I guess I probably could have worded that a little better though
tongue.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
babelfish said:
I was referring to the Metroid and Castlevania series of games, the latter of which includes all the games you mentioned
wink.gif

I guess I probably could have worded that a little better though
tongue.gif
Still not quite true. Most of the others aren't as good and don't fit as perfectly in the genre, but:

The Megaman ZX series for the DS.

Cosmo Police Galivan for the NES.
Blaster Master
Faxanadu

The Wonder Boy series is often a Metroidvania-style game crossed with Zelda, although some are more linear.

Zillion
Popful Mail for the Genesis.
Ys III
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Maze of Galious

This thread lists several.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup